Movie thread Part III

V for Vendetta.

Brilliant. Just… brilliant.

I saw Andrei Tarkovsky’s “Stalker” it was rather good, but some of the scenes was pointlessly long.

:yes: Best Hollywood movie in ages.

[color=red]Spoilers! [/color]I’m a little disappointed that they removed the scene were that woman, I don’t remember the name of, kills the leader (or whatever he was).
It was my favorite scene from the comic, but it would probably not fit with the leader’s personality in the movie.[color=red]Spoilers End![/color]

Bonus Fact: I have the IKEA dragon ting that is on the door to the main character’s (can’t remember her name ether) room in one of the flashbacks. :content:

I’ve seen a lot of movies that I haven’t written about here. I watched The Breed. The worst movie I’ve ever seen it was so predictable and corny and the plot was so far-fetched and pointless.

‘Next’ … a great movie, great plot, action and effects. Horrible ending

Norbit - doesn’t have an amazing plot, but it’s hilarious. Great acting from Eddie Murphy.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I’m REALLY looking forward to Saw 4, which should come out on October. Interested in watching ‘The Number 23’ starring Jim Carey, thanks to Fiver’s old thread about the 23 Enigma. And hopefully, I’ll watch V for Vendetta soon.

I just saw Transformers. The story was a tad lacking, but the special effects more than make up for it. They were incredible.

I just forgot the size ratio between Optimus Prime:Megatron tho.

haha yeess!

Transformers was really a cool movie. One of my favorites this summer.

Now i’m waiting for the classic, but horribly stereotypical, family of the Simpsons. I’ve been a fan for years, and come on… spider pig! :razz:

RENT is my new favorite movie…
i love musicals. phantom of the opera, moulin rouge, chicago, west side story(i feel pretty :wiske: )
i love pride & prejudice(keira knightley and matthew mcfadyen)
i sort of like the harry potter movies. i just saw the 5th one in IMAX 3D. the 3D part was the part in the ministry. it was cool :tongue:
V FOR VENDETTA IS AWESOME!!! i love it soooo much!

I’m watching a movie from the late 80’s now called “Paperhouse” about a girl who draws a house, then she sees the house in her dreams, then she draws a boy in the house, then when she dreams again there is the boy in the house and so on; everything she adds to the drawing appears in her dreams.

I’m still watching it but it’s good so far so I wanted to jump on here and recommend it to my fellow dreamers. I think I read in a review of the movie that her dreams end up becoming reality…pretty cool idea! (Right now it’s on Comcast On Demand Fear Net if anyone has that cable channel and wants to see it. I think it’s playing for a couple more weeks.)

rent Clerks and Clerks 2. I’ve seen bits and pieces of each, but i finally got the chance to sit down and watch both of them. They really are great. The second is funnier then the first IMO but the first was just an awesome movie regardless.

Nah, I liked clerks 1 better. Number 2 seemed kind of crude and immature… in comparison to the first.

Clerks was overall a better movie, but i laughed more in Clerks 2

plus… Clerks 2 wins for “Pillowpants and Listerfiend”

that was just… wow.

I’ve seen it. It was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a very long time. :yes: It was just amazing. “The Prestige” was an awesome movie too so if you haven’t seen either of them do so now. :truit:

P.S Also “Apocalypto” was really good too, but it’s kind of gory so if you can’t really handle that sort of stuff I wouldn’t watch it. :shrug:

Anyone watched OUTLAW?

Awesome movie… Just finished watching it.

ROBOCOP.

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

My favorite movie of all time has to be Amélie.
Has anyone else seen this?

I don’t really have one favorite movie. I tend to like alot of different ones.

But perhaps my favorite one right know has to be “Shoot’em Up” Awesome picture. One of the best ways to describe it is a straight kick of adrealine straight to your head.

I mean the opening scene possilbe spoiler alert is Clive Owen running around a warehouse killing an entire mob worth of guys while protecting a pregnant woman in labor while Nirvana’s “Breed” is being played. end spoiler

Awesome movie straight up guys movie.

I’ve seen my share of movies lately

Shoot Em’ Up was a great time waster, fun and fast paced with sexy god Clive Owen.

BUt that’s nothing

Go see “Once”. I saw it last night and it’s by far one of the best movies this year, or any year. It’s absolutely outstanding. If i could describe it in one word, it would be “Heartfelt”

last movie i saw was The Simpsons movie hilarious also stay after the credits for a suprise :smile:

I didn’t really like that movie.
It was as good as the T.V. show, and about as long as it too.
In my opinion it wasn’t worth the money.

I just saw “the butterfly effect”.

i found it quite heavy.

I saw Wrong Turn 2 yesterday :razz: Great gore movie :happy:

“A cannibal family mutated by generations of inbreading are living in the deep forest of West Virginia. A group of people go out there to shoot a reality show called “The Apocalypse” were the participants are supposed to survive without food or anything in 5 days. It turns out there are other stuff to fear” :wink:

Great movie in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre- Style :wink:

If you are a gore fan -
WATCH IT!!!