Music to listen to

I find that some Aphex Twin tracks seem to induce LDs for me (2 semi LDs in 2 nights with barely any special technique). Windowlicker is a nice track and some of his other works under other names (Polygon Window for example) are rather relaxing too.

Sigur Ros, yes, it’s good !!

The album () is too cool for meditation it’s very good !!

Sidchip Scratcher - Loopy Thing
Lunaspice - Tixaan
Joshu - Distances
Prisoners of the Sun - Asprin und Cola
Infected mushroom - cities of the future violet vision rmx
Kooler - freefall
FREq - spacechanger
Adrenochrome - Liquid Wonder

All of these are roughly categorised as “psychill” in my music list. I believe psychill is excellent for lucidity. Psychill is basically Chill music (ie relaxing) however it is based on Psychadelic elements, which are chaotic and random… so as the chill relaxes your body, your mind is still stimulated. it is sort of like dance music for the morning when everyone is barely able to stand after a good bush rave. :smile:

Lots of music like that works for me. I have never realized that I was having an LD(I didn’t know what it was), but I have them almost every time I have a dream.

other music that works is R.E.M.'s soft, slow stuff.The Greatful Dead also works well.

At my lake in August I listened to some radiohead before I went to bed and found it helped maybe a bit with a little of vividness of the dream and some memory recall.:smile:

Have anyone listened to the DreamSTATE soundfiles? dreamstate.to/mp3s.htm

cool link, i’ll have to download a few and give them a go.

lucidquest.com has a few full length mp3s also. they are binaural and bombard your brain with different frequencies. each track affects your brainwave patterns and have some interesting results.

the root to sky cd is a good buy if you like the free mp3s.

what do these mp3s do for you?

:cry: :crying: Aaaa!!!.. how could you do something like that!..

I listen to that Lucid Dream Indusing mp3 from that thread…
i havent given me a LD yet but i have very vivid ND’s when i listen to it :smile:

I like “Treefingers” by radiohead. I allso listen to alot of New age music like Enigma, but some of the best music Ive found is the cheap New age C.Ds you sometimes find. I wish I could find a C.D. I use to have called “Spirit level of earth, and sky”

I don’t think the music should be necesarily relaxing.

I listen to Sufi music, but generally I leave a dvd of Startrek episodes running all night. At other times I leave the early pink floyd songs like echoes, saucerfull of secrets and interstellar overdrive. Shine on is incredible too. These are all long and atmospheric songs with deep, clean, slow and emotional guitar solos and not a lot of heavy rock sound. Saucerfull and Echoes are best I think.

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans
Gustav Holst - The Planets

These two always get me in the mood for mystic experiences.

Well considering you know pink floyd. thats a good bang to listen to. (time :grin:

Consider soundtracks. They’re made to give a feel to ambients, so they realy twist your feelings and make you recall scenes. It’s a very nice thing to hear while going to sleep.

I would point as three good examples of what I’m talking about Pirates of the Caribbean, The Matrix (especially Reloaded) and The LEgend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Listen to some of their songs while going to sleep. It’s awesome. You can incubate a LD with them by telling yourself you’re gonna dream about—say,—The Matrix and then go lucid, then you put the soundtrack and go sleep.

If it doesn’t work, at least you get a very nice dream to log in the morning.

try the album leaf, its awsome stuff

I think you should get the album Frances The Mute by The Mars Volta…its good because the whole album is like one song…like Dark Side Of The Moon…its a very sexy album

Where can you find the awsome “Trance in the Night” soundtrack? Includes a guy who speaks to you, soothingly, with imagery and suggestions designed to set your mind for your next LD. Extremely relaxing, opposed to the Lucid_Dream_Induction file of Phoenelai.

could you just play the music from a stereo or soundsystem with speakers? Or would it work better to put on headphones? Probably the headphone but it might be dangerous.

Music to listen to when trying to LD. It depends on the person, techno might work for some people while classical may work for another. My suggestion is to experiment with different types of music. I started out with hip hop first, then R&B, then smooth jazz. I’m still experimenting, but I find that R&B right now works the best for me (but each music genre has its own unique effect).

I’m going to try techno, classical, and rock next, see how those affect me during sleep–I think I’m on to something :look:.

Here is some of the songs I like to listen to when/before I go to sleep. It’s mostly slow rock, really nice songs :content:

The Verve - Catching the Butterfly
System of a Down - Dreaming
Seether - Fade Away
Velvet Revolver - Fall to Pieces
Smashing Pumpkins - The Killer in Me
Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
System of a Down - Roulette
Staind - Fade
Trust Company - Slipping Away
Chevelle - Send the Pain Below
Course of Nature - Better Part of Me

The first one’s about Lucid Dreaming! Some of the other songs are relaxing and goooood :colgate: