my first LD

Hey, i came accross this site last night and thought i would give it a try, well my problem is i dont know if i had a lucid dream or a oobe, i went to bed and i started to feel all tingly and seeing things with my eyes closed like i usualy dont see, then i hear this terrifying music comming from the hallway outside my room and i head something very large walking up my stairs, i knew i was in a dream or something and paniced and turned my tv on in my dream then i woke up, it was very short, but im just wondering if it was a lucid dream or a oobe, and how can i not enter lucidey starting with a nightmare,

Thanks

Hi Pilkan! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Don’t panic and you will not enter a lucid nightmare. What you experienced (music, footsteps on the stairs) were hypnagogic hallucinations. It’s absolutely normal when you try to fall asleep consciously.

You had not the feeling of getting out of your body, thus it was not a OOBE. By the way, OOBE’s are not dangerous and some people think they are just LD’s.

It sounds like you are very gifted in WILD’ing. Congrats! :clap:

:welcome: Hey, Pilkan!

Sounds like you had quite a night! Don’t worry about nightmares, being lucid fixes you up real nice. :yes: (That’s how I got my first LDs, actually)

Next chance you get, go ahead and introduce yourself in The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic - Part XXVII. :grin:

Welcome Pilkan
Sounded pretty scary but just remember its all in your head and your imaging it. Nothing can hurt you when you are dreaming.

The more times you have an LD the easier it gets

ConstantDreamer :grin:

Don’t repress it, accept it, You’re a WILDer!!!

[size=200][color=blue]C[/color][color=red]O[/color][color=orange]N[/color][color=green]G[/color][color=olive]R[/color][color=indigo]A[/color][color=violet]T[/color][color=darkred]U[/color][color=darkblue]L[/color][color=red]A[/color][color=green]T[/color][color=yellow]I[/color][color=cyan]O[/color][color=darkred]N[/color][color=brown]S[/color][color=violet]!!!!!![/color][/size]

You’re so lucky, I’d give anything to WILD. :content:

Hey Pilkan,
I too am a WILDer and have had small hypnagogic hallucinations, but nothing like frightening music or footsteps. I’ve only had things like my sister walking into my room or my dog jumping on my bed. But I’m pretty sure your not LD’ing just yet. You seem to be a natural at it, so keep trying. Most people take 3 weeks to have their first LD, you should probably have it within 2 (considering the first time you tried, you had hypnagogic hallucinations, it took me like 6 tries).