my first lucid dream (some questions)

I’m new here so I’m sorry if I wrote that in wrong place
anyway here’s how was my dream
I woke up in my room but (I actually realized that it doesn’t look like mine)
I didn’t really practice too much in reality checks but in this dream I did it first time
by holding my breath then trying to cross my finger through the other hand then I tried to count my fingers and when I really knew it’s dream everything start shaking…fading…blur…etc I kept the dream by spinning around and focusing on my hand
anyway first thing I did was imagining some place to go to it was kinda hard and fast I couldn’t make good new world…anyway what I remember after is going to girl that I like
and I told her we are in dream etc… and I flied with her etc…after going home with her I remember now that my home decoration was like how it was 6-7 years ago and I remember that the girl was looking too young too in the dream
next thing I remember is all got dark and I woke up
and I remember that after I woke up I was talking with my family about having that lucid dream etc…
I can’t remember rest of it but I woke up again (this time in real world)
my questions are :
why my home was like 6-7 ago?
why the girl was looking too young?
and why I didn’t notice that in the dream?
and why everything suddenly got dark and woke up in other dream?
and why I totally believed it’s real and I was telling my family about the dream etc…?

another thing :
when I was trying to make my own world I was looking at earth next to me and it wasn’t looking like how it is in reality
and I still thing here are other many things I can’t remember :sad:
I hope I get some help
thanks LD4all

sorry about my bad English :confused:

Congrats on your first LD oumoumad! :good:

The first questions are best answered by yourself, since it’s territory of dream interpretation, and that is best practiced bu the individual that know best, that is you. Here’s an article on it to get started :content:

Dreams are believed real because we do often go by life doing the same, believing it’s real no matter what, and trying to give a posteriori explanations for what happened, instead of questioning the actual facts (like when someone would tell you a lie, and you could just believe it and reshape your thoughts and beliefs around that, or you could unveil it by doubting it first, and then finding out the contradictions later). An aware state of mind helps to achieve such an objective, check Lucid Living for an idea of what I’m talking about ^^
You can’t remember everything because you have to be more determined on that, and improve your DR. Check the Knowledge base for that :wink:
And lastly, things didn’t look like their WL counterparts because dreams are the realm of imagination, and it would be boring if everything was just copied from WL :tongue: but there’s always the possibility, if you have a clear enough visualization, of replicating exact scenes and places in your mind and bring them over to the DW if you want.
Good luck with your Quest! :content:

thank you very much tosxy :wink:
your information were very helpful
I think in time I’ll figure it out
I just hope that I can LD in next times too ^^

why my home was like 6-7 ago?
why the girl was looking too young?
and why I didn’t notice that in the dream?
and why I totally believed it’s real and I was telling my family about the dream etc…?<<

The answer to all these questions is that same. It’s that you were dreaming. And dreaming is a state of insanity, like schizophrenia, because in dreams we believe that all kinds of absurd things are really happening.

In a lucid dream, you become sane or at least semi-sane within a dream.

I often dream that I’m back in the past, as a teenager.

What you experienced was a false awakening. You can search on Google for “false awakening” and get lots of information about that topic.

and why everything suddenly got dark and woke up in other dream? <<

All dreams end this way – with things getting dark, and then your either waking up or entering another dream. This particular dream was vivid enough that you were aware of the fade-out.

another thing :
when I was trying to make my own world I was looking at earth next to me and it wasn’t looking like how it is in reality .<<

People who tell you with great confidence that you can “control your dreams” don’t know what they’re talking about because they’ve had few if any lucid dreams themselves. What you want to happen in a dream might happen, but it probably won’t.

Anyway, if you want to “control your dreams,” you can already do that – when you’re awake. Those are called fantasies.

I don’t understand arne
so u mean that wasn’t a LD
and I totally knew I’m dreaming I mean I took control of many things
I think just cuz it’s first time
anyway I hope it gets easier in the future ^^

Dear arne, I hope you realized the OP himself had a good degree of control in his very first LD (that was of course a LD by the way, oumonad :smile: ), and that your position is getting increasingly ridiculous over the time.

People have LD, people control their dreams, you are posting in a successful community dedicated exclusively to that, it should be high time you finally accept that and move on. Seriously.

With regards :smile:

thank you again tosxychor
you just cheered me up again :happy:
actually I was visiting this site more than 2 weeks ago
I couldn’t have a lucid dream till that day before I posted this
and now I know how it look’s like
it’s so amazing…so clear…I mean that was like best dream ever ^^ cause at least I remember most of it and also the feeling inside it…it’s like I own it all
just some weird things I believe that I’ll find out what they are by myself soon
like how my room was looking ehmm (usually the door is in right not left)…anyway I won’t gonna waste ur time in this :happy:
though I was only lucky that night I just hope it will be easier next time ^^
anyway thank you guys for your help
I appreciate it

No problem :content:
Of course, it will be easier next time, and it gets easier and easier after that :content: cause you know now what a LD is like, plus you can even use the feeling of the LD itself as means of induction ^^ With practice and experience, it can become natural to be aware in dreams :happy: So best wishes for your Quest, and sweet dreaming! :dream:

Well, Toxy, you can control your own behavior in an LD. But I notice that you haven’t been able to “control your dreams” to the extent that you’ve been able to do what I suggested you do in your next LD. Eh? But that’s how LDs go for everyone, including you. And my saying that to the OP isn’t “ridiculous.” It’s just a fact.

Now if someone here says he can control everything that happens in every LD, or even can do that most of the time, I’m inviting him to PM me and I’ll be glad to talk about it with him. Maybe someone can really do that. But all my experiences in probably around 2,000 LDs, and all the experiences of the 131 people in my Yahoo lucid dreaming group, tells me otherwise.

If I’m wrong, and maybe I am, I don’t speak from ignorance about it.

Okay, I’m settling this by PM now.

I still don’t understand arne
for 2000LDs u must have a lot of experiences so will u plz explain me what u mean
what can u do in lucid dream and what is impossible to do in it

There are some questions you might want to ask yourself about dreaming.

First, what are the people, plants, anmals, objects, etc. in your dreams? Are they things that you create out of nothing? Or do they have an existence that’s independent of you? Do they really look differently than they seem to? Do you give them their appearance, the way you give Rorschach blots an appearance?

And where does dreaming take place? Is it inside your head? Or does part of you break away and go someplace else to experience all these things?

How do you think you might be able to answer those questions?

I know the answer of all those questions :
the people or objects or animals etc are:

everything I’ve seen befor
it doesn’t matter if I know them or not
I just saw them somewhere so their picture is still in my memorie and when subconscious take’s control they just show up randomly
and ofcourse dreaming take’s place on my head

But do you know that for a fact? And if you do, then how do you?

I know that from experience myself
I don’t know about it generally I mean for other people

Why don’t you try asking them?

edited out reply towards a now removed post
Most of the time, people can appear younger in dreams because our WL image of them is made more of our memories of them, instead of what they actually are and do at the moment we are meeting them. And it’s not that good of a thing, because it encourages prejudices, and more in general, it’s always better to respond to a situation by how it looks like in the moment, not just trying to remember a past case and blindly applying the same solution.

I agree with oumoumad. In my opinion dreams happen in your head and all of the things in dreams are based on things from our life, whether they be things we have experienced, read about, seen pictures of, heard stories of, thought about etc. Although I do think that our minds can modify these things in dreams.

Oumoumad - In regards to dream control. I’ve been reading about lucid dreams on this forum for about 8 years. The opinion I’ve gathered from this is that it’s possible to do just about anything in an LD. Although dream control can be difficult at first, and most people never have complete control of a dream, it is possible with practice to do anything you can imagine.

Again, why don’t you ask them?

There could be many reasons for somebody to undertake Lucid Dreaming, and perhaps they might be interested to hear what other people happen to believe, but it’s not a requirement that we understand every single other persons viewpoint out there. Lucid dreaming is after all a personal experience. So perhaps that is the reason that he doesn’t ask other people their perspective at this time?