My Powerful Alternative to Reality Checking

Yes, I have. I wrote this post beforehand, however. I discovered the results are not as promising as I made them sound. They are somewhat powerful, though. More so than reality checks.

I’m sorry. You have to be patient, though. And if you have to wonder if you’re dreaming than you know you’re dreaming? Is that so, my friend? Have you ever had a dream that was extremely strange but you thought it was real life? That is what every dream is like until you make distinguishing them from reality a habitual ability. For all you know, you are asleep in your bed dreaming this thinking you aren’t dreaming. You have absolutely NO proof at all that this is not the case except the few differences that you use to reality check. Your ability to read this article may be the only reliable proof you aren’t dreaming. You just have to know this and get this idea down in your head and you can reality check with full meaning at will. :razz:

This thread has been useful to me. I’ve completely lost my LD habits from studying at University, and my motivation has not been high enought to really start them up again. But what rKangas said about saying “I am dreaming” about 50 times a day. Well, I took it literally and spent about one minute saying it 50 times, counting on my fingers. Then I figured I said my 50 and so my duty was done. But, naturally, after having said it 50 times concentratedly, it was easy to sort of, say it again some more times, without any pressure. In other words, it lingered in my mind.

Now, my LD count has been basically back to nothing for some time. Averaging about 0 LD per week. But since I started putting in the effort of devoting one minute per day to repeating that I am dreaming, and going with the flow of the lingering effects, my LD count shot up to three LDs this week. Sure, they were short lasting, low level of control LDs, but statistically speaking, the results were significant.

I had suffered a sort of, lack of expectation of LDs, and felt that it’s no use anymore, basically. I wasn’t so much looking forward to and making plans for the next one, as I was hoping I’d have one for a change. And this is after having come to the point before I lost my habits, where I felt that it didn’t matter if I did the techniques or not, I’d still have a steady 2 LDs per week average, and not actually inducing them directly. So the motivation to put in a lot of effort was already low, as it didn’t seem to add anything.

But now, I find that I put in one minute a day concentrating on a technique, and have immediate results right up there at the average I had when I was more diligent. I mean, it is hardly putting in an effort at all! It’s sounds almost like an info-mercial. For anyone who has lost motivation, I really couldn’t recommend it any higher.

So, what I really wanted to say is, thank you! Thanks for the thread, thanks for the idea, and thanks to the community for existing!