My questions

Well, i’m used to visit 9gag sometimes, and i saw this post about ‘‘Lucid Dreaming’’, which i tried to do on that Night.
As the post said, i’ll should ignore all my ‘‘brain signals’’ that said i’m ready to sleep.
I started to get dizzy, and suddenly i was on the top of a mountain, and there was this really strange red sky.
I realized i was dreaming, i’m not a really euphoric person, but i got really happy. I didn’t know i could do a lot of things that i know i can do now, so i just walked around.

When i looked behind me, i realized was on the top of a very big vulcan, with lots of lava and stuff. I had this strange feeling, a fear of height, and then i woke up.

I was happy, since i did LD.
Well, since then i’ve been writing a dream journal but i wasn’t able to get lucid again, i’m preety sure i’m not getting lucid because i really want to.
So, i got some questions.

1. Does waking up in the middle of night (Setting my alarm clock to wake me 5 hours after i go to bed, and then sleep again) helps a lot, or is even the best method to get lucid?

2.About dry mouth, does it really makes the dream last longer, or even, i have a little chance of getting lucid with it?
I remember reading some stuff about letting water inside my mouth (Not drinking), is there a chance of breathing it and dying!? :confused:

3.For a beginner, what would be the best techinque? WILD, MILD, etc?

Well, that’s all.
I’ve read the whole guide, but i’m not sure about some stuff.
Like i said before, i’ve been doing a DJ, and i i’ve been doing RC’s, i mean, the only one i do is looking at my hand and, ‘‘How did i get here’’?
Will RC’s like looking at the clock or texts inside dreams happen randomly, or can i help myself so my dream self do it more often, so i can awake my ‘‘lucid self’’?

Sorry for this long text, and thanks everyone!

1. WBTB is very effective. Without it, LDing becomes increasingly more difficult. However, I wouldn’t say it’s the best method, because on it’s own it’s not that effective. It is best paired with other techniques such as WILD, FILD, MILD, VILD, DEILD, or just about any other technique you can think of. Also, in any case there is no such thing as a ‘best’ or ‘flawless’ technique, because different methods work better for different people. It’s all about finding what works for you.

2. I’ve never heard anything about this. It is possible that having a dry mouth could prolong a dream, but I doubt it because it would simply cause immense discomfort. But since I’ve never tried it, I can’t tell you for sure.
    As for keeping water in your mouth, it doesn’t sound very safe to me. Your throat relaxes as you fall asleep, so you’d probably end up choking. I doubt you would die, though, unless you have an entire mouthful of water and it all goes into your lungs. You’d most likely just wake up coughing/choking.

3. First of all, I’d like to say congratulations. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone achieving their first LD through WILD on their first try. That is a hugely amazing accomplishment.
    Everyone is different. Certain techniques work better for certain people. For you, you seem to be good at WILD. Although it is a fairly advanced technique, you managed to do it. You could also try VILD or DEILD. Just make sure to pair it with WBTB, because otherwise you will not be entering a REM sleep.
    Also, check out this thread: https://community.ld4all.com/t/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild/36649 . That might work for you.
    It’s good to try a combination of techniques as well. For example, MILD while initially falling asleep, then WILD/VILD during a WBTB. Just play around and see what works best for you.

Well, thank you very much!
Just a last question…On the WBTB method, can i play videogames (PSP) during the time to get back to bed, or even watching TV, even if mute? I guess i can’t, since that will make me less sleepy, but asking won’t hurt.

Oh, also, can i sleep on any position? Or can it just be some that makes me confortable?

Sorry for any bad english here, i’m from Brazil.

You could try, but I think that playing video games/watching TV would make it harder to WILD after because you don’t really engage the assertive, logical part of he brain needed to LD during these activities. Of course, there’s no harm in trying.

As for sleeping positions, for some people it is easier to lie on your back during WILD because it relaxes your muscles better. However, if you usually find it hard to fall asleep while lying on your back, then just in any position that’s comfortable that you feel will not cramp your arms or legs as you try to fall asleep. You may have to try a few positions to see what’s most effective, but in the end it’s really about what works for you. I’d suggest starting with lying on your back, but if that doesn’t work after a number of attempts, go ahead and try something else.