ND Challenge 9 - Winner - Ysim!

[center]Pirates vs Ninjas

[/center]

It’s the final week. Time to get serious. If there’s one universal question that divides and confuses the internet, it’s this: Which are cooler, ninjas or pirates?

Ninjas are awesome. They’re so sneaky, you never see them until it’s too late. With the shuriken and secret deadly ninja training, they strike and then vanish into the shadows…

But pirates have pistols, treasure, and rum! They sail around wherever they please and they don’t care what anyone thinks. Sounds pretty sweet to me.

So this week, each dream of a ninja or a pirate will count towards both your personal score and be a vote for one of the sides. Maybe we can finally settle this once and for all. Who will win? You decide.

:eek:
I like it! :grin:

Only a fragment last night. I was stalling to post, hoping something during the day would jog my memory and expand it to a full dream, but no such luck.

Week 5

SPOILER - Click to view

2.8 4 NDs + 2 Frags + 1 Late Task - Dragon in a human form.
3.8 and 4.8 3 NDs + 3 Frags + 1 Late Task - I think a death god counts for task 2.
5.8 1 ND + 1 Late Task - I was a DO inside a spaceship
6.8 1 ND + 3 Frags + 1 Late Task - I rode a bike
7.8 1 ND + 1 Frag
8.8 2 Frags - and that is all

Week 5:

SPOILER - Click to view

August the 3rd - 2 fragments, Lucid, chain
August the 4th - More lucids! A ninja in ND part, pirates while lucid, personal goal achieved
August the 5th - Nothing much today

Sunday

2 dreams
The Paths (I was on holiday here but not doing touristy things - late task?)
Triple Socks

1 fragment
Kittens (fragment)

Saturday: 1 ND, fragment

Sunday: 4 ND, late task(s?) One had some background thunder rolling through…but I’m not sure that’s enough to warrant a late task? In another I was taking a vacation in Europe. Maybe Italy?

(Dream typing in progress)

Monday - 1 dream - Non-Fiction there was a touristy part where I was visiting the areas where the murderer had been.

Wednesday - 3 dreams
You’ve got Mail!
Out and About
Getting Things Done

All previous dreams typed
Monday: Fragment (2 hours of sleep, I’m glad I remember anything at all :tongue: )

Tuesday: 1 ND, Fragment (Kinda personal, not going to type it up)

Wednesday: 4 ND - 2 Current Tasks, 2 Late tasks, RC (but not lucid), Fragment,. Ash Ketchum built a new Pokeball/Pokedex, but it was stolen by a Team Rocket ninja. A trailer for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie that became real (at least, I’m assuming TMNT count as ninja and fantasy humanoid?). And a skiing trip.

Most certainly does. Nice combo. :happy:

So it’s 3-1 to the Ninjas with one day to go…

Let’s go ahead and make that 4-1 :wink:
1 ND, 1 LD - lucid current task last night. In the LD, I summoned a ninja.

Will attempt to get all dreams typed up before I go to bed tonight. Submitted the final project for my summer course tonight, and I’m wiped out.

Push Bike Pursuer (fragment now) <-- I didn’t type it up until very late at night, so lost most of the details.

Thanks for the challenge Obfusc8! I had some nice dreams during it and had a great start followed by an unfortunate lack of recall and good sleep. Grats Ysim!

[center]ND Challenge 9 is now over![/center]
Final Scores

1. Ysim 1537
  2. Letaali 1301
  3. James_uk2008 903
  4. En’enra 734
  5. moogle 665
  6. Bom 55
  7. TheUnknownDream 10
  8. Fate 0

Congratulations Ysim! :clap:
Ysim had 45 normal dreams, 5 lucids, and 16 fragments.

Collectively you dreamed 190 normal dreams, 19 lucids and 117 fragments. Thank you to all those who took part, and for sharing your crazy, happy, scary, mostly downright strange, nightly wanderings.

Ysim, as champion you get to choose whether to host the next challenge.

Oh I almost forgot… we finally have a verdict

With votes of 4 - 1, it is official:
NINJAS ARE WAY COOLER THAN PIRATES! :cool:

Congrats Ysim. Some of your combined tasks will stay in my memory forever.

sounds like a task you would need to do in a game. :smile:

Congrats Ysim and thank you for these wonderful five weeks, obfusc8! I really enjoyed a lot!

(and pirates are the real winners for me :cry: )

:adored: Thank you :adored:

And of course, last night I only recalled the vaguest fragment :roll:
As for combined tasks, I’ve gotten better at dream incubation, but I always have the issue of not knowing WHEN it will finally come through. :tongue: I usually don’t try for combinations, they just happen when some lingering thought from last week reemerges.

Thanks obfusc8 for the great tasks and motivation to get my recall up. Prior to this NDC, I was averaging about 1 ND every 2-3 nights, many nights without even fragments. I’ve always felt that was the best reward of the NDC (similar to improving LD’s in the LC), so congrats to everyone that saw a recall improvement (in either quantity or quality)! :content:

I will most likely host the next NDC and will get that posted in the next few days.

Great to be a part of this and really useful for keeping the old dream recall up. See Y’all in NDC 10 :smile:

NDC-X is now open for sign ups!