Moved from the Beyond Dreaming forum to the First Steps

hey
i am new to LDing.
i can recall my dreams(1-2per night)
what should i do next?
:eh:
any tips?

hey welcome to the forums :content:

If you’ve got good dream recall, youre gonna wanna choose a method to get lucid, theres many out there, MILD, HILD. start doing reality checks as well, all this stuff is in the forums.

peace

Hi coolliza, welcome to the forum! :wave:

You should first read the advices on the LD4all main page. Here you’ll learn the main LD induction techniques (MILD, WILD, RC’s, etc.)

Then there is the How to choose your technique? topic. Theorically, techniques based upon autosuggestion or RC’s are easier to use than WILD but you can have some tries with WILD in order to see if you have some gift with it.

You can also read the Lucid Dreaming wikibook and you’ll have all the main information about the LD’ing techniques.

Good luck! :smile:

it may sound silly :tongue:
our body requires 6hrs of sleep if i try WILD in my
normal sleepig hrs will my body require more sleep/rest?
liza
ps:- thanks for the help now i have a clear idea about LDing :content:

I suppose so. If you spend say one hour in WILD’ing, you won’t sleep during this hour, so your body will need the rest it hasn’t had.

Won’t you?

I’m sorry, I didn’t explain this very well, it was confusing. I meant: if you try to WILD during one hour - hence you’re still awake - etc.

Thank you for pointing out this mistake.

it’s a transition hour, so as soon as you get into the dream, you’ll be fine. You may need to compensate the hour or so lost, so if this is a problem you’d be best off trying a different method.

As for tips, do reality checks. lots of them. The more, the better, but always make sure you really ask if you’re dreaming, and don’t just do them absentmindedly. for example, don’t just count your fingers, ask “is this a dream?” and then look at your hands, count your fingers, see if everything is right, and then say, “nope, not dreaming” or something to that extent.

Good luck, and welcome to the fold :razz: