NEW CHEAP Dream Goggle Device!!

ok this is gonan sound really lame but it is an idea. you are all talking about being connected to your computer while you sleep that is cool but i see a few risks with it. i know a few people taht move around a lot when they sleep and if the mask is con to your computer by cables whats to say that rolling about wont pull the damn computer off the desk. unlikly i know but still. so i was thinking would it be at all poss to makea sort of memory card to store data on and then have the possibilty to upload later. as i dont know that much about how the connections would go i dont know how easy that would be to do.

Bar taht i think it is great. as i have been thinking about getting a Super NovaDreamer this sounds likea much better choice. keep up the great work all of you. you could be onto something big here.

cheers

Richard

Hi TimeLess_Soul,

that memory card idea, will work
you know the light and soung goggle i told you about in your thread
well the mind machine called ‘the proteus’, has a flash memory built in and there is no nned to connect it to a computer, just place the unit which is the size of a pack of ciggarettes under your pillow and then sleep, there is a setting where you can let it play for 1 hour so you can get to sleep then it stays on but makes no sound for 5 hours and then it starts to beep again a few time sending a light flash to the goggles you wear, and then that wakes you up so you can have a lucid dream. and the machine cost 170 dollars, and it does not end there, the machine can do so many things, even the whole machine can be fully upgraded if you connect it to a computer which is optional.
people said that they do work for lucid dreaming, but again you have to train your self, just like the nova dreamer and super nova dreamer, but the proteus is way cheaper and way better, it has an infinite possibilties, but the nova dreamer has just on posssibilty one light cue and a rem detector, bu there is no need for that.

i am thinking of getting one.

anyway i hope that helps

hmm interesting idea so the cards do work cool. hmm but the rem dect is still good. i think the resons why other machines like that dont work is cause they flash or beep all night so that we tune it out like the ticking of a large clock taht is keeping us awake. so if we do it enough quickly when we dont expect it we shouldnt tune it out. or we will just wake up… strange

Richard

This sounds really interesting…

love to hear how you all get on :smile:

Hi macmansit, How’s the project going???
I built my first dream machine 13 years ago! I tried an old EEG for rem detection and it was quite accurate but the risk of electrocution put me off :cool_laugh: I have been thinking about building a new device recently, I have a novedreamer and I’m sure it can be much improved upon…
I not keen on the idea of wires connecting me to a laptop while asleep, we get regular lightening strikes and I don’t wanna get ZAPPED!
I was thinking of the possibility of a small transmitter and receiver between the device and my laptop, as it’s so close it could be very week and basic, what do you think?

Hi all…

Thanks for all the emails and IMs, your support is always welcome and appreciated. As far as the project:

The sensor we built our prototypes with was not strong enough to detect a wide enough spectrum of eye movement. In an attempt to figure out what we could do and further our research, we purchased two novadreamer units.

Let me tell you, I don’t blame you for being scared of the wires, I had to bribe people to use my first prototype as it made the wearer resemble a member of the borg collective…

PsycoNaught, the transmitter idea is a great idea, the only problem is it would most likely be an IR transmitter, and to work you would have to be facing the receiver all night, pretty head on. Thats not even what we are worried about at the moment. We are simply trying to find a sensor that will work for us without having to totally digitize or re-wire our basic unit first.

Now having tried out the NovaDreamer personally once we aquired the two units, I don’t even know if we will be able to further the project. The NovaDreamer is VERY light, VERY flexible, as much as any unit could EVER hope to be, it is an increadible design. The problem is it is still VERY awkward to wear. I can feel it there, and even when i put it on loosely its hard to be in any position other then flat on my back… When i deprive myself of sleep enough, or lay with it on for hours until I am able to actaully fall asleep with the unit on, even at its highest most sensitive setting on fresh batteries I have had no results.

Unfortunately I must admit… we are far from a holy grail of acheiving lucidity… I personally am now idly working on this project, while focusing on meditation, dream recall, and MILD / WILD techniques. Rest assured… one day I will find the elusive red pill of lucidity!!! Perhaps then we will finally be able to see just how deep the rabbit hole really goes…

Until I have further updates… Thanks again, any ideas and comments are always appreciated…