Newbie Question: How many different methods are there..?

How many different methods are there to become Lucid?

And which one should I try/do?

tons.

MILD, WILD, WBTB, RC, HILD, VILD, BILD, ect, ect.
for a beginner, here we go:

1.Start a dream journal to improve your dream recall (at least one remembered dream a night)

1. while using your dream journal, practice frequent reality checks throughout the day. there are a bunch of different RCs, but the there are a few that work really well for most people (i.e. counting your fingers/ trying to breathe through a plugged nose). there is more detailed info about these on the home-page of this site and scattered throughout the forum.

2. Pick a main technique. The two most acclaimed techniques are MILD and WILD. This is the hard part, as you need to find which is right for you. Research all of them extensively, and find one that works right for you.

That’s the most basic guide I can write. As a suggestion, add WBTB (wake-back-to-bed) whenever you can. It will increase your chances of having lucid dreams by 50% if done right.

Drill those reality checks like mad, and always put meaning behind them. instead of just counting your fingers, really ask and wonder if you’re dreaming.

good luck, hope this helps =D

happy dreaming!

Thanks a lot!! :smile:

Also this might help you choose from some of them

[How to Choose Your Technique)