ok... I know I've asked but any ideas for indiscreet WBTB?

yeah my parents might find it slightly weird if I set my alarm to go off repeatedly at 4:30 in the morning. Plus it might annoy them too. I think this is the only reason I have not got lucid yet, and I want an indiscreet way to wake myself up for WILD.

I have tried autosuggestion to wake up, so far no results apart from a whole week where it worked perfectly. So… can anyone throw up a step-by-step guide for waking up with autosugestion or suggest another discreet way to wake myself up?

Sorry for asking so much, but I need a lucid dream! ARGH!

Can this help ?

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … torder=asc

thanks Duck, I think that thread might help me get more than just to wake up… maybe… no, that thread WILL get me an LD!

I tried using the method to remind me to do stuff and it’s worked 100% perfectly. I’m gonna try it tonight for a WILD! wish me luck please!

YEAH! I used the method to wake up at 4:30, with a fully relaxed mind and remember to bring on a WILD. And guess what? It worked perfectly! I woke up a little after 4:30, a couple of minutes after, was relaxed and suddenly went, okay, WILD time. But I should’ve maybe read a book or something because my mind was not focused enough for the WILD part. Oh well. Maybe I could schedule a reality check while I’m having a dream? Well all I’d have to do is to find out when I’m having my dreams then BAM! Lucid city. Or world or whatever, but I think it’s time I made a lucid checklist of things I’m gonna do when I get lucid tonight.

1. Fly
  2. Swing around New York like SPIDER MAN!
  3. Revise school subjects with a DC teacher
  4. Write a guitar riff
  5. Perform music in public to get over my phobia of…
    publicly speaking or performing.
  6. HAVE TELEKNISIS!!
  7. Smash up a familiar place

I don’t mean for you guys to read the list, it’s just my checklist so I can come up here and tick stuff off.

In my first LD, which is gonna be tonight, I’m gonna swing around like Spidey!

Tonight though I’m gonna do the same technique but I’m gonna do the WILD sound technique.

I’ve had a Spiderman dream once. A ND, but it was still one of the funniest dreams I’v ever had.

but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and you could never do in real life - be Spider Man.

Yeah, it’s really cool. I had a hard time getting the right technique swinging the webs in my dream though :smile:

It’ll be awesome when I do it - wind in my hair, it’ll be thrilling… I can’t wait! Well I can, and kind of have to, but you know what I mean.

Back flip and swing and stuff, through the city - actually I should try creating my own city dreamscape, instead of having New York (which would be made up anyway as I don’t know what New York’s like)!

use the mechanical alarm clock placed by your head with like a piece of wood or something that would fall beetween (first time i write this word ever, thats why it is wrong :smile: ) the hammer and the bell and jam it after one “bling”! that should wake only you up… get it?

kind of…

well, there must be a way to wake only you up, like alarm on mobile phone on vibration under your pillow or taped to your head :smile: work something out cause WBTB is great! hope you figure something out…

You can place the alarm near or under your pillow so it wont wake up everyone… that’s what i do… :grin:

Hm, don’t know if that helps, but there are times when you can wake up easily, and times when you don’t. So, you just have to find out what those times are. For example, if you are likely to wake up 5 hours after going to sleep, then go to bed at 23:30 if you want to wake up at 4:30. Suggestion will be enough then to really let you wake up.
Of course, you have to fall asleep at the specified time, i.e. be tired enough. Otherwise, it is cheating and won’t work :wink:

For me it’s about like this: 1-2 hours - simple, 3-4 hours - difficult, 5-6 hours - simple, 7-8 hours - very difficult, 8-10 hours - simple, 10-12 hours - simple (I will wake up automatically, then :wink:)

I usually aim for 5-6 hours for the first round and 1-2 hours for everything after that. It works rather well. :smile:

woa, thanks Ionflux, that got me thinking. About the times to wake up - now I’m going to head for 5:30!

With autosuggestion, it like works perfectly for a couple of days then it doesn’t work at all for ages. ANNOYING! I just need to practise I suppose.

Hey, what should I put a nintendo DS in (ie a case or something) to protect it, becuase I want to use it as an alarm (I need more regular chances to practice lucid dreaming), and for it to be discreet I’m gonna put it near my pillow, with earphones tucked away behind by pillow, so only I will hear it.

What should I use? Oh, and it’s got to not fall down the side of my bed! Ah I feel a design project coming on…

You made my day… I’m not kidding, I dunno why I found that so funny. I really don’t.