One BOOK to rule them all...

I am pretty new (kinda) and I would like to purchase a book on lucid dreaming. But WHICH ONE! I know on the main page of the site there is a list of books, but due to “lack of funds” I am only going to purchase ONE! Any ideas on which book I should get? :help:

There is a free (e)book you can try. Don’t know if this exactly what you looking for but here it is:

geocities.com/lucidmetro/coursetable.htm

You may also want to check out this thread.

Fre digibook on Lucid Dreaming put together by a member.

EWLD is very nice. Plenty of techniques and exercises in it. It’s relatively easy to find, too.

I would recommend Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, PhD.

That book covers the most material and is fairly inexpensive. If I rember correctly I purchased my copy for $6.95 from amazon a couple years ago. Even though I have already finished it, I still find myself scanning through it from time to time to create new strategies to induce lucidity.

The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep.

Inside is a very good practice of visualization mixed with rhythym napping. But just the rest of the book is a VERY interesting look at lucid dreaming and life in general, coming from someone who grew up in Tibet. A very good read.

I would not recomend this book to a new lucid dreamer, it is very esoteric and the practices, although highly effective, are very eastern religious based and hard to understand. For anyone new to LDing EWLD is the best, it presents it to you in an easy to understand form and tells you how to develope the ability step by step.

Definitely Stephen LaBerge’s Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming! It was my first LD book and I still go back to it to read, reference, help me with techniques, etc. It’s very easy to understand for all ages and the paperback can be gotten quite cheaply (bought mine at amazon.com). :smile:

I’ve just purchased EWLD from eBay. I haven’t recieved it yet, but was wondering if there are any other books i should consider getting? I was thinking of ‘lucid dream in 30 days: the creative sleep program’. Does anybody like that book or have any others they’d recommend for someone who has LDs now and then, but they’re usually very short and infrequent.

Cool. I just bought EWLD a few days ago. Hopefully it’ll come tommorow [/enduselesspost]