overcoming fear

Is it just me or does everyone experience a certain amount? I hav been Lding for a long time but the fear always is there

I’ve only twice felt fear in an LD. Once cos I was worried that a t-rex was gonna burst through the window and the other time was cos I was in a dark room and has just read text saking a question about murder.

Both times I had low lucidity.

And what do you do with it?

I have experienced my own fears before when I am having a LD. Sometimes because of my manifesting fears, they come true and LD’s become into either lucid ot nonlucid nightmare!

So it’s not just you who have experienced that! Don’t worry… it’s a common thing to experience.

How I overcome my fears is by confronting my own fears face to face! Then I can really see that it causes no real harm. It works very well! :biggrin:

Happy holidays! :xmas:

Depends… if I’m having a low-level LD, I sometimes feel fear because I can’t really grasp what it means that it’s all a dream. When I’m highly lucid, fear is always replaced by joy and excitement :smile:

Heh,I do sometimes.
Don’t matter if its a low level or high level lucid dream.
Anytime I get in to a huge body of water I freak out and lose all LD powers.
I am deathly scared of drowning. :cry:

I dont think that i have ever been scared in a LD, but I dont really have any fears IRL, so that may have something to do with it.

Really? Going in the water in an LD is amazing! It’s kindda like the nose breathing RC (but better IMO), cos you an feel the water around you but you can still breathe.

In all my LDs I think I only experienced real fear twice, and both dreams were highly lucid:
The first time was also the first time I looked in a mirror in a lucid dream. My face was getting distorted in horrific ways (any one saw The Ring ?) and when I saw it I was overcome by fear and my heart starting pounding very very hard like it was going to explode. But then I tried calmed myself and looked in the mirror and saw the image stabilizing, and the fear went away.

The other time it was a sleep paralysis experience. I was totally lucid, but I couldn’t move at all, and my body was overcome with very intense vibrations, and I felt it getting ripped apart… not to mention the hard knocking on the door by someone who was screaming:“you’d better come out, we know you’re in there!!!”

Unlike some types of fear are really fun, like when I fall from a high place, which is really exciting; those two dream experiences were very unpleasant. But I think the best thing you can do is to stay calm and remind yourself that you’re in control, or try to hold on to your lucidity as much as you can. A lucid nightmare’s got to be nicer than a non-lucid one.

Harken to these words when afraid…

I must not fear.
Fear is the mindkiller.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will allow it to pass over and through me,
and when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

(from DUNE by Frank Herbert)

I only felt real fear in an LD once, wrote about it here It was more of a nightmare with very low lucidity.
One of my fears in real life is being trapped under water unable to breathe. So far fingers crossed I’ve had no trouble breathing in water when I’m ld’ing.