Paradox's

bubbleburster: I don’t think butterflies dream, since they are insects :smile:)

Okay, i’m sure everyone have heard this:

The line below, are false
The line above, are true

i wouldn’t really call koans paradoxes since they are “questions” which are meant to help with achieving both enlightenment and to settle the mind for meditation… there are also answers to all of them :eek:

I don’t know is this classes as a paradox/oxymoron but one of my poems (and one of my online names)

Surrounded Alone.

Insects have brains, therefore it would be sound to assume they do dream. After all they do sleep. - though no one will ever be able to prove either way hehe, its hard to hook a butterfly upto a EEG to check the brain waves.

it’s also called matricide paradox
you go back in time kill your grandfather, thus ONE of your parents wasn’t born hence you couldn’t have been. therefore you never exsisted to go back in time to kill your grandfather - which means he never died your parent WAS born and therefore SO were you. BUT then you go back in time. - it’s an endless cycle that cannot be broken - known as a causalty loop.

i have a headache now. lol

About that paradox, I’ve heard that there’s a scientifical theory about that if you tried to kill your own grandfater before you were born, any of the nature laws would keep you from killing him. Like, a rock would suddently knock the gun out of your hand or something :smile: Interesting theory, isn’t it?

How about a real paradox instead of just thinking stuff up?

For example: “I” am aware that “I” think and therefore “I” am…but who is the first “I”?

(those of you who understand the concept of the self only being the idea of a self should understand)