preparing for the afterlife.

Does anyone here use lucid dreaming to prepair for death, or Tibetan dream yoga. It sounds crazy, but I feel like Ive been reborn so many times, and that why I feel the knowledge obtained is because Ive been here so many times before. I think this is where dijivu comes from. Ive probley even practiced LDing in my past lives. The Tibetan belief is that the afterlife is a dream, and you can escape it by being aware to the fact that your dead. I want to hear people who are using LDing to do this, or to just grow spiritualy alltogeather. Why do you LD? Im getting tired of this life. Hopefully this time Ill get it right.

What if this IS death and Lucid Dreaming is nothing more than a dream sign?

I actually prefer not to LD so much to be honest, I like to let the dream take it’s course. I feel there are more lessons to be learned by watching what my subconscious mind does than interfere through being lucid.

Watching what my mind does when it is on “autopilot” in a dream, helps me understand myself and grow spiritually. So while I could say I use dreaming to grow spiritually, I guess I don’t use LDing for that but NDing.

Hey sounds great, i’d like to know more about it.

I have died many times in LD’s and I am a very spiritual person. I have experienced many things in my life which has lead me to be convinced that there is in fact an afterlife… i just dont know what that afterlife is.

Here’s a topic of mine you might be interested in:
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=

I’ve been reading the Tibetan book of the dead for the past two days. Infact i got an LD when i fell asleep while reading it last night. i dreamt i died, but not only that, i came to the realization that this either must be the way i die or have died in a past life. and it was extremely terrifying as its supposed to be.
anyway, read up on depak chopra’s life after death, its interesting. and it sure got me into this mess. so pretty much i AM going to use LD to prepare for death to answer you question.

Cool, I cant wait untill I get my book. Is it hard to understand “hey Sailor”?

wow i need to try all this cool stuff. And dude like u said “i’m getting tired of this life” i am tooooooo!!! i mean there is no point. all we do is suffer. ugh! but then again i say to self that experience will HELp. don’t know why and don’t know how. but something has to be in the end. somONE has to be there otherwise there is NO POINT. :eek:

I am prepared for death.
I think the concept “death” is totally erroneous.
There is no such thing as death.
Sure, our physical body will “die” someday, its just a machine, comprised of matter, its bound to stop functioning at some point.
We on the other are immortal souls, thus “death” is only a phase in our progress to the inner spheres of reality.

Its probable that you have died many times before, its also probable that you will die again more than once, you will keep coming to the physical sphere until you have learned all the lessons you needed to learn.
I dont think I understand what you mean by preparing for the afterlife through LDs
are you talking about the death process or about the living afterwards?
In fact, when your physical body will die, you will go into “a dream”.
Let me explain.
I dont know how familiar you are with Astral Projecting.
Astral projecting/Astral Travel is going on the Astral realms, the realms in which we will reside after our physical body will die.
Once there, you can communicate with people you know who died (if they are in the same or lower astral realm you have arrived upon), just walk around, do whatever you feel like doing. When astral projecting, it will not look and feel like the dream world but you will have full 100% consciousness, just as you have here on the waking life, actually, everything will probably look much more real and vivid than the physical universe as of course it is vibrating at a much higher energy rate.
The thing is that dreaming = astral projecting
the only difference is that instead of seeing the public astrals, you are viewing an astral plane, entirely created by your own mind, conscious and subconscious. thus you are able to fully control the environment (when you are highly practiced), change everything, spawn characters, teleport, etc.
Therefore, the afterlife will be some sort of a dream, as you will go to the astrals, the public astrals, they are of course created by the entire consciousness residing them and not just yours as your dreams are. Nonetheless, the same rules apply, and you will always be able to travel, spawn anything you want. So, yes, I can agree from what I understood from you with the tibetans about saying the afterlife is a dream, although Id really like to hear more about what they are saying.

Of course, I am using LDs to grow spiritually. I use every fraction of time here to grow spiritually, it is the only purpose. I dont mean to say I meditate 10 hours a day and astral project the rest, NO. Im living a very full life, full of fun, parties, music, friends, reading, learning etc, most of all progressing.
Only through living the present moment, doing whatever you feel like doing at all times will you really and truly progress, that is the way to live your path, to live with the flow of the universe, instead of like most people do, trying to force energy to move this way or the other by doing things they dislike doing in order to make something they like appear in their life.
Im spiritually growing all the time by everything I do because I simply follow my path thus always evolving. Dreaming is of course a very important part of my experience, my life and is very useful to me and I make a lot of progress through it.
Ill have to agree with Mohegan, I can not say LDs are better than NDs.
Sometimes I induce LDs, sometimes I prefer having NDs. Mohegan really put it together well about how the automated SC can be more teaching to us.
Sometimes, for many weeks, I have a LD every night, then for a few weeks, I dont want to have even one and I enjoy the NDs, they both have their own purposes and things to learn from. sometimes I dont think about what I want to have and let my subconscious do the work, I try to learn and enjoy my way through LDs, NDs, whatever comes, throughout my days doing whatever it is I do. Every situation is there for us to learn from.
I believe LDs to me, throughout my entire life were more meaningful as I had a couple that absolutely left me overwhelmed, but on a regular basis, Ill have to say that NDs tend to be more useful.
this is a LD I had if you are interested to read, many years ago…
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … rder=asc&& start=90
Hope this helps
Cheers

Edit:
I just now saw Somnio post saying something like:
I am tired of this life too, all we do is suffer!
well, actually, you can do whatever you want every day all day long no matter what youre doing right now.
if this really doesnt make sense to you and you want to hear more
pm me

hey reIV it was me who said that. i know i am silly i just overreact to things— but then in school they say all we are is atoms and molecules. Just what we are used to being. so that makes me mad and feel like there is no point— but there most definitely is.

Using Lucid Dreaming as a way to prepare for the afterlife is also an ancient Egyptian tradition…

Heres a link to part 5 of an awesome series about ancient Egypt…
This episode specifically covers how LDing was an important tool for understanding the afterlife to the ancient Egyptians…

https://www.esoterictube.com/magical-egypt-episode-5-navigating-the-afterlife.html

Im not using my LD’s to prepare for the afterlife, the death is natural. When it comes I will step to whatever awaits on the other side. I dont think anyone can see the afterlife, but we can see how it is to be outside ourselves (I refer to OBE here). And we can explore our SC, but the other side remains a secret until we get there :sad:

What if you are already dead? What if this is just a dream, waiting for you to wake up from it. Think about it. If you have already lived before, as you claim, then this is the afterlife in every technical sense of the word.

But I do agree with you that I am also tired of this life. It is quite boring. I’ve done everything there is to do here, and I don’t plan to return here once I leave.

to find oneself on the internet with access to all knowledge is impressive :smile:

afterlife is not a very proper expression

it is life

just like this one, how this world is a creation of many different minds and their intentions, desires, beliefs
we come to have a body , birth within a specific nationality, with a specific personality, with different tools that present themselves to us, that we use, that use us, that we learn from

so then we get an idea like this one, well, i want to KNOW
so
lucid dreaming can bring tremendous knowledge, but, the highest way to know is to go within and learn meditation

because, then, you have the result of, any time, and every time, knowing, without having to go to sleeps

my interest is in transmigration to spiritual planets, a lot of meditation schools seem to insist we are here to be human over and over until we rise to such a high level that we become creators of galaxies, but others might say “well you can go to heavenly planets if you wish”

the best preparation for your eternal existence, is to understand you create everything if not consciously then subconsciously,
so, to greet everything around you with love, forgiving and giving thanks, it will transform even the most seemingly ugly situations, and then, if you can see everyone as your brother, mother, sister, lover, best friend, then surely you will have great families in the future lives,
and if you give what you have freely without expecting anything in return, and condition yourself to feel good about giving and receiving and spending money
then surely you will be rich
the Buddha taught to even give to charities expecting “surely this will make me rich” is still good merit

essentially we are here to transmute negativity into gold :smile: