Probably already been posted but such awesome technique!

So, this morning when I got up at 4am in order to read about dreaming (and feed my two awesome black cat-friends!) in the hopes of returning to bed and inducing a LD via WBTB, I read about the SILD technique recently featured in The Lucid Dream Exchange site’s online magazine.

Now, I’m not gonna plagiarize the article but suffice it to say that the method is very forgiving and discourages undue stress or structure. I tried it (1st time ever!) and almost immediately, and easily, slipped into lucidity! I’m not saying it’s foolproof, as I’ve only done it once (so far) but it is by far the easiest, and most effective, method I’ve ever tried. Plus, I seemed to be more clear-headed during my dream, which allowed me to try a long-time goal of healing a friend.

The link: dreaminglucid.com/index.html

Click on the online magazine and look for the SSILD article. Give it a try! NOTE: the article stresses that this be used as a WBTB technique and that it “WILL NOT WORK” as a WILD technique…unless one is taking a nap(?)

Good luck and have fun! This really seems like the promising technique I’ve been hoping for! The article stressed that the guy wanted to find a really easy, almost foolproof way. He said he got hundreds of emails about its success!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
-Al

I agree. SSILD is in my opinion a great technique. This tech and improved dream recall is what finally got my lucid dreaming really going. If I a) get enough sleep and b) properly perform the technique without running into sleeping trouble, I am pretty much guaranteed a very vivid dream, false awakening, or LD.

There’s a long thread (or two-part series of threads) on SSILD where there’s been some good discussion. The technique’s author (cosmic.iron) participates fairly often and has given me a lot of great advice.

SSILD thread
SSILD thread, part 2

I too love sild. To me the best thing about it is that it can work as a kind of wild or a kind of dild :smile:

Ps I absolutely love your screenname even more FlyByNight

Thank you! Are you a fellow RUSH fan?

Of course haha and I love that album!

Their goin on tour in the us but good tickets are 120 bucks, I am so pissed that I have to spend that kind of money :sad: but oh we’ll gotta do what ya gotta do