question about lucidity level

the main reason why i want to learn LD’s is to play in an epic fantasy story. you know like in baldur’s gate or nwn :wink: when i started reading about LD i get all excited and stuff, but now ive gained a little doubt. what happens if for example i see a door, and think like “behind this door, my story will begin” and then enter it?

lets say i open the door and enter my story. then id like to meet something like a dragon or my friend who plays rpgs too, and then just let the dream go while i stay lucid. it is possible or ill start to lose my dream and dont remember anything after waking up ?

Welcome Selevan! :wave:
Is is indeed possible to lose lucidity doing comething in a LD, just like you can be “carried away” doing something exiting IRL; but just as well, it’s very possible to maitain lucidity in a dream while letting it unfold itself, without interferring too much with powers and just acting out your part :smile:
Moreover, if you lose lucidity, it is possible to lose the dream by forgetting it, like you can lose a ND; but by training yourself to wake up after the desired dream (or just any dream if you want to to things the serious way), you can completely avoid this possibility ^^ For doing this, there’s either an alarm (but be careful with DR) or autosuggestion (telling yourself you’ll wake up at a certain hour, it’s easier than it might seem :wink:)

thx for reply :smile:

by the way, if i manage to get a LD, will i always remeber what i was doing during it after i wake up?

of course im asking without training because i started my diary two days ago and atm i can remember only like 0,25 of my dreams every night :razz:

[Easier to remember LDs then NDs?)
By my experience, it’s quite easier to remember LD’s in detail, and others do it aswell ^^

Welcome selevan :wave:

There’s good news and bad news. And then some good news :tongue: The good news: it’s possible. If you look through the DJ section of the forum you might find some master LD’ers that have nightly adventures in increadibly realistic fantasy worlds. The bad news is it might take some time to get the skills. The other good news is that learning to LD can be really fun, even if your ultimate goal seems light years away!

Good luck on your journey :wink:

thank you :smile:

i have one more question tho… it is possible to have lucid dreams often? like by using the WILD technique? by saying often i mean once per 2-4 days…?

I think its possible to have LDs every dream. I heard a lot about children having that with no effort at all.

Yep, I know one certain LD’er that has LD’s only that is spend the whole night lucid. :happy: so yes, it is quite possible