Recall questions

Hey. I’ve been into the whole lucid dreaming thing for about 2 years. I’ve had numerous lucid dreams but with no consistancy because I had different things to focus my time on. But now i’m ready to step it up. My “break” ended about a month ago and my recall is iffy. Can anyone tell me how to get my recall back in great shape? Oh yeah, and i was wondering if there was any way to make my dreams more vivid. Thanks :grin:

one of the biggest ways to enhance your dream recall is to keep a DJ if you are not already. if you are keeping a DJ already… then, try your best to write down as much information as you can about your dreams, as much detail as possible, even insignificant things. I went from remembering one dream a month, and when i learned about lucid dreaming, i started a DJ, and within a few days, i was remembering a dream a night.

Now on dream vividness, im no expert, in fact i know pretty much nothing. there are a few ways that you could increase dream vividness, i havent had a LD yet, so i dont know how to make a LD more vivid. You could try:

Taking some vitamin b6
[The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II)

Drinking some sort of non caffeinated herbal tea, such as mint tea.

but thats as much as i know…

hope that helps

oh, and here is another topic that might help out
[How to attain higher lucidity?)

Don’t worry, my recall was horrid too when I stepped into LD again 3 years ago, and I managed to have a great DR in about 2 weeks. Just do what every beginner would do: just focus on dream recall in a first time, have a DJ near your bed, practice autosuggestion before falling asleep in order to enhance DR, preferably don’t use an alarm and wake up naturally, don’t move when you wake up, write down everything you remember, even if it’s a fragment of a dream.

And about vividness, it will certainly increase in the same time than your dream recall. Good luck! :smile: