Scientists can trigger OBEs in people

I liked Ego Tripping’s reply a lot.

No one can take the Supernatural out of OBE’s, until everyone naturally has them. Then it wouldn’t be super anymore so to speak. :tongue: There are plenty of liars in this world of ours, but a good amount of truthful people also. Some of them have had OBE’s, and described it to the best of their ability. You can’t force belief on anyone, as much as a lot of religions would like to believe they could…

I like natural things, I like different things, but Supernatural things are the highlights in my life. It’s not a matter of belief for me, it’s a matter of experience. Real or illusory, my mind still recalls those experiences.

Read about remote viewing, and tell me they’re all lying. :content:

Merged into existing topic

This is incredible stuff, check this video out on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=4PQAc_Z2OfQ

for articles from loads of news sites do a google search for ‘out of body experience virtual reality’

Now look at this article which is one of the links from the google search

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6960612.stm

It says the following

'The researchers say their findings could have practical applications, such as helping take video games to the next level of virtuality so the players feel as if they are actually inside the game.

Clinically, surgeons might also be able to perform operations on patients thousands of miles away by controlling a robotic virtual self.’

Ok now with this Virtual Reality HMD (Head Mounted Display) way of inducing OBE’s is really interesting but how you can take video gaming to the next level i don’t quite understand, because currently you play video games using game controllers like on the playstation 3. Now if you are projecting your consciousness outside your body using the HMD then how will you be able to control the video game. I do believe you can enter the video game but the game will be constantly being made up on the fly in your mind. Because currently video games have a game engine, a set of rules and codes set forth in the game engine by the game programmers, how will your consciousness be able to control the game if your consciousness is outside your body? would i not be right to say that it cannot control the game as the game controller will be in your hand but you will be out side your body. How would this work then? My belief is scrap the video game idea away. Instead once using the HMD induction for an OBE once you have projected out just remember your favorite game and try to jump into that virtual world in your mind. if you do a google search other articles states you can go inside your virtual character and feel him and it’s as real as truly being there. Right now if your playing a roller coaster simulator on a PC with a HMD when that roller coaster goes up side down on a loop you cannot feel the sensation as you have no hydraulic simulator but if your outside of the body then all senses are stimulated like when we dream so it’s possible to use the HMD induction and then think of a roller coaster and ride it and view yourself making loops and feeling the G’s which truly makes you feel like your there.

Another thing even if the article is true with you being able to go inside current video games then i do believe it’s possible, but your mind will be setting your own game rules and not following the current set of games rules set forth by the game engine, so your mind will be over riding the game, which means you could do anything you want and in a lot of current games you cannot do anything you want.
For instance if the game is a shooting game like the ever popular first person shooter on say the playstation 3 then as that game has been programmed to be controlled using the PS3 games controller analogue sticks then if you are projecting your self into the game character then you would probably want to look at your virtual selfs hands but when you bring them up to view them then that’s not actually whats happening in the real world, as you will be sitting in the real world with a real playstation 3 contoller in your hand but your conciounsess will not be in your real self it will infact be in your virtual self in the game. So current games programmers will have to learn new ways on how to interpret brain signals to control games in this new way. Or perhaps when we look at the article in a deeper way it could mean the projected self can some how send back concious signals to your real physical body telling it to move the game controller and control the virtual character in the game world. So what could be happening is your simply are on auto poilot a bit like driving a car, every body has had that experience where there driving their car and suddenly slip into a day dream and suddenly moments later there back in their car and have noticed they have driven several miles, this is a kind of out of body expeience in it self or a dual split of consciousness. I have had this experience many times. This could be the future of playing video games.

The other thing i don’t understand is the articles states you can perform remote surgery i honestly don’t know how that can work. I thought you need your real self to perform the surgery as your projected self cannot interact with the real world. Other parts of the article states the neuro scientist as saying this HMD induction has proven that this technique is a sort of tele portation where you can be any where in the world, again i don’t see that as possible. Of course an OBE can do that to you but you cannot use this tele portation as a means to get any where in the world for interactions as in getting around like this to meet for business meetings.

Anyway what are your views on this?

This is very exciting stuff as it has finally be scientifically validated as a healthy and real way of inducing an OBE. I would like to try this, all you need is an HMD and a camcorder, tripod setup. you can buy HMD’s for less than 150 dollars these days, of course from the videos i have seen the HMD’s they are using for the experiments seem to costs several thousands of dollars, the test is done using eye fixation on a virtual character of your self, so perhaps you need a HMD with a large field of view and you don’t really get that on HMD’s under 500 dollars. I think we should do some testing on this OBE induction there are no DIY plans on the net yet for this induction but like i said not too hard to make your own version. I had an idea a few years ago of doing this kind of VR induction using a HMD and a roller coaster simulator on a PC while lying down. I thought if you ride a roller coaster using a HMD then perhaps from the loops that your eyes are witnessing perhaps you could feel the g’s in a psychosomatic way and that may create pressure on your chest which could lock you into sleep paralysis and bring on vibrations for a fully conscious OBE. Perhaps neuro sciencetist will try similar test in the future or we as a community could rapidly speed up research on this VR induction of OBE’s.

Edit: update

KBTVonline has a new special video here about the test above conducted by Olaf Blanke, i forgot to mention a few years ago Professor Olaf Blanke conducted research in to OBE’s, he was treating a woman for epilepsy using electrodes and the woman reported seeing her own body from the view point from the ceiling.

Videos

part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=bCc63N4XAaM

part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=PWtsdCAEYvg

Has anybody got British and American newspaper scans of this virtual reality goggle experiment?