Senses in dreams.

Atheist puts us all to shame with his too-logical, knowledge data base. :tongue:

Excellant post Anthiest

Now we understand the issue more clearly. Does anyone understand why .:Illusion:. can not hear any sound at all? I have never experienced this before so I am not really sure how to advise him/her. I think that as .:Illusion:. gets better with lucid dreaming and controlling his dreams he will be able to “learn” how to hear.

Well, I hope I’ll be able to learn how to hear but I’ve been thinking and I think i’ve solved my issue. Well… Not solved but understand. I have a sleeping disorder called Circadian Rythmn Disturbance, or Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome… (bleh.) Basically it means that I’m a vampire. My body releases serotonin at night, and melatonin during the day- Causing me to be a slacker who likes to stay up all night and do things productive on the computer. Well it screws my sleep up bad. I used to have to take sleeping pills at night and stimulants during the day. I don’t like that it’s too unnatural- so I’ve been trying to turn my sleep schedule around by meditation, lucid dreaming, and a sleep ritual. (I light a certain incense when im getting ready for bed, drink chamomile tea, etc). Well I still have trouble getting to sleep but at least I fall asleep and can function in the day- I’ll really be “fully” awake around 7:00-8:00PM.

Well, I was diagnosed with that a few years back and I’m sure that could screw with my dreams. I’m able to hear the sounds of waking life streaming over into my dream world. Perhaps my mind just can’t fully go into the dream stage. I’ve only had one lower level LD at night, and all of the vivid one’s I’ve had are in the morning.

Does anyone have advice to turn around my sleep schedule naturally?

OMGOMGOMG! hahahah!!! I can go lucid EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!

All I would need to do is have a sound file that plays during the night on a timer saying “You are dreaming. None of this is real, You will become Lucid” Or something along those lines. I can hear everything in real life when I sleep… So if I’m dreaming and here this I would snap out of my dream state!!

This is GENIOUS!