Shared dreaming?

I’m talking specifically about some of the more spiritual items in that video tosxy put up. I have no problem taking SD’s seriously, and there have been some very interesting studies on them all ready as Q’s article briefly shows.

The only trouble with testing SD’s is that no one can see what youre seeing. You can do objective studies with two patients in seperate rooms oryou can monitor brain waves but it’s hard to get concrete evidence. In the end, part of it is having to take people’s words for it. That doesn’t mean it’s not evidence.

wow, ok.
Its not like i don’t believe in things that cannot be proven by science, this is the view of sadists and and atheists.
I however am christian, and there is little to no proof that god exists.

what i was saying if you had understood me correctly was that I have no respect for those who believe in things that CANNOT exist.
things that CANNOT be true even in the ways that THEY try and explain.
If, scientifically, the object or being cannot possibly be real in any way.
of course, its much simpler to evaluate the persons attitude or mindset rather than do some kind of experiment, because, like I’ve said before, those people tend to fabricate what they believe is true, and come up with some story of “their own experience” and talk people into believing it.

XwolfbrowX; until not so very long ago, lucid dreams where in the same realm as what you are speaking of now… until LaBerge and Keith Hearne could demonstrate empirical proof…

But now we know your view, it’s not helpful for this topic for you to keep reiterating it.

You know I’ve been wondering.
There seem to be a lot of evidence that SD really does exist and that a lot of people have done it already. Yet it is so hard to believe that this is true (may I remind everyone that there are as many reports about men and women who got abducted by aliens…)
The question is: What does it really take to make this something believeable just like lucid dreaming?
Hence, if this has really been proven, why isn’t this bigger? I mean, we’re talking about SD!
On the other hand, lucid dreaming never really made it to the big news either.
But, we all can agree that lucid dreaming does exist and that it’s scientifically proven.

I guess for SD you have to experience it yourself in order to make it real.
My problem is that if I keep telling myself that it’s not real, I feel like I’m missing out on this. So, open mindedness does help :wink:

It finally happened to me!

Since years ago, I have believed in shared dreaming. My father (who by the way has always thought that dreams were stupid) had a shared dream with his wife a long time ago. He was shocked and his wife was shocked when they woke up and looked at each other and both started telling what they already both knew what happened in the dream. And my oldest sister who is a natural LD’er has had a few shared dreams with a couple of friends. So I was always so amazed and just a believer, but now finally I KNOW.

This is what happened:
I had a dream that I was talking to an acquaintance. I hardly know this guy and his wife except that he and his wife are into dreaming and stuff. I really have only met him 2 times and have talked to him for no more than 30 minutes tops since I met him less than 2 years ago.
Well I dreamed of talking to him, and when I woke up I checked my facebook, and what a surprise! he sent me a message with the subject: dream?

he says, hey, I had a dream you were in and we were talking, do you remember?
:eek:

So I’m really excited about this because so many times I have dreamed of people and ask them about it, but they don’t remember anything and the same vice versa.

So this is a huge success in my journey of dreams! :grin:

btw, I was not lucid, but still we met and talked in dreamtime!

“They can that think they can” - Henry Ford

“They can that believe they can” - Happy