Should I write down dreams even if my Dream Recall is good?

How important is it to write down your dreams if you already have a fairly good dream recall?
I can remember a lot more than usual from each of my last three dreams, and that was because I recorded them on my cell-phone in the morning and listened to them a few times (I don’t have them anymore though, I didn’t find them that interesting, which was probably a mistake) - will remembering them like that still let me have Lucid Dreams?
Or just how much of a change will a Dream Journal make?

Think of the Dream Journal as Body Building, you do it a lot at first, and then you gain loads of muscle, but if you stop you start to lose the muscle. Or lose a bit and not be as good as if you frequently lifted weights.

Ok thanks, well so far I’ve not taken this seriously enough, I think.
My practice so far has pretty much consisted of doing random reality checks during the day (usually a lot of them for an hour or so and then almost nothing the rest of day, haha), plus the MILD technique.
But I’ll start writing in a journal tomorrow morning.

You might want to take a look at this topic, if you haven’t already :wink:

I agree with the previous replies that keeping a DJ is important, and stopping the practice may cause dream recall to wane. This has been my experience.

However, it should be noted that some people maintain good dream recall and have LD’s without keeping a DJ.

I would recommend at least keeping a journal of bullet points and keywords from your dreams if you don’t have time to keep a full journal. If nothing else, it will help you avoid forgetting a cool LD when you inevitably forget to transcribe it from your phone :tongue:.