Sleeping with stuffed animal = better dreams!

I still don’t believe it to work. You guys have to expirement, and get a lot of results. I still think it’s a Placebo.

Redifin, the definition for placebo is something like “a method or medication that works, although it shouldn’t”, so you believe the same thing as we do^^

still have my teddybear from when i was 3 or 4 :razz: i too am 17
i do agree that it makes for better dreams :slight_smile:

I still have to buy a teddy bear! (I want a big, cuddly one) :hugs:

runs to the storage area to get the stuffed platypus I had when I was 4 <- true story right there

There are (was) american indian people that used to sleep with their animals (or with the head leaned to it), well I know that it’s warm and should feel very good (a heated pillow). But I think it was also good because they had a conection with the animal (pet) (indians have these conections in their beliefs), I think they would sleep a lot better. My pets allways slept leaned to each other (cats and dogs).

Interesting :uh:

I sleep with a stuffed toy–my C-Bear teddy (you know C-Bear–from C-Bear & Jamal? He’s SOOO COOL!). I can say that it’s more comfortable and without it my dreams do seem to lose clarity (if I can recall them). Maybe it’s a placebo?

I can’t say I’ve experienced any difference but then again I’m not the type to sleep with a stuffed animal.

I can say to the association of this TBE, that I do sleep better when I hug my pillow (I’ve had this pillow forever and it’s irreplaceable). I think the quality of my dreams are no different when I sleep next to someone compared to when I sleep alone.

So has anyone made this into an official “lab idea” yet? or is this just something being played with?

/me has also an idea about those dolls(partially fluffy) but voice in his head(is it you Moggle?:slight_smile: says hes not allowed to fully present the idea

:yes: yes… I’m your conscience Jack :wink:

/me dies*
HE SAID MOGGLE!!!
AHHH
/me becomes crazy, oh wait, he allready was,*
well, i dunno about this, it might be true, it might not be

You try explaining to your gf when she comes round why there’s stuffed teddies in your bed!

Actually I did used to have more vivid dreams when I slept with stuffed animals, I always assumed it was because I got older. When I get my new double bed I may try that I still have all my old teddies in bin bags up the loft.

/me blushes

lol:p
i think it DECREASED mine, i have better DR since i got “rid” of them(they’re in the attic now)

i got a curious george stuffed animal :razz:

I’ll try that out, just anything that will allow me to have an interesting dream for once…

I couldn’t sleep last night, it helped me sleep better , I either hold the stuffed animal or put my head on it like it’s a pillow. I do also believe in using heating pillows. That helps too and I put on music with no words like lifescapes - ocean sound track, and for some reason no matter what the worry is, if I’m sleeping with a stuffed animal it makes my worries go away. I fell asleep just fine last night, after holding the stuffed bear, I don’t know why, it just works. I do sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and throw it across the room like I’ve had enough of the stuffed bear. LOL.

btw. sleeping with a stuffed animal is a placebo. I agree with that now.

Definately a placebo. But it works wonders.

/me hugs little Shin :razz:

… if you admit it’s a placebo, it shouldn’t work annymore right?

correct, but if you believe that belief is the only thing you need to make something work then it still works.