Sleepwalking (any stories/research/articles?)

No, sleepwalking has nothing to do with lucid dreaming. Sleepwalkers are generally not aware of what they do and most of the time, they even don’t remember why they did this or that.

my friend told me he didnt remember a thing

I believe most sleep walkers do not remember their actions.

How does sleep walking occur?

i often remember when i sleepwalk. i normally go and place things in odd places. And at the time it just seems so right to go and do that, and when i wake up, im like, Why the hell would i do that?

in a dream its like you have another personallty.its wierd

I wouldn’t know how sleep walking occurs. But the remembering sleep walking thing, I’d probably be just like dreaming. You may or may not recall it.

I’ve sleepwalked to the bathroom countless times. I’ve even managed to have simple conversations with those around me, while I’m asleep.

I sleepwalk at least once a week, and sometimes more than that. My sleepwalking episodes usually consist of me:

A) Getting lost in the bedcovers
B) Walking (or crawling) around my room and turning on (or off) lights
C) Getting upset with my dog for no reason whatsoever
D) Thinking there is someone else in the room with me
E) Fiddling with various cords, outlets, and objects
F) Carrying on a dream theme

I don’t remember in full what I did or didn’t do, but I usually recall a good portion of my wacky sleep-induced mind-set upon waking. I usually laugh over how silly I can be, but it’s not an overly pleasant experience. Sometimes it can be very scary to feel so disoriented or lost in your own room. Many of my dream theme actions leave me frustrated, as I almost never accomplish what I set out to do. A lot of people think it sounds cool and like fun, but for the most part, it isn’t. I don’t worry I’ll ever endanger myself (provided my idle hands don’t lead to electrocution), but it’s a stressful way to spend what should be a pleasant, restful night.

Sleepwalking happens when someone is awakened from deep sleep. Somewhat slow-witted, they go around doing tasks from everyday waking life albeit sometimes in a nonsensical manner.

“Activities such as eating, bathing, urinating, masturbating, dressing, or even driving cars, whistling, having sex and committing murder have also been recorded as taking place while the subjects are technically asleep (Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalking).”

moved into existing topic :moogle:

Have you ever had a sleep walking dream? It was actuly a part of puberty, when i was 10ish for about a week strait i was sleep walking, the funniest of which was i fell asleep, and then about an hour later at 1 in the morning i woke up in my pajamas in the shower! i went to my mom and told her what happend, shes sort of unknowing during the night and told me to get out of the shower and go to bed.

I don’t think I have sleep walked before, but I would like to. I do remember just waking up one day on the floor or that the covers were on the other side of the room or just off of the bed.

moved from beyond dreaming to stuff. plus since i remembered this old topic with interesting stories in it, i merged them together. :moogle:

When I was at camp the past 3 weeks, we had a sleepwalker in our tent. It was really quite strange and cool to be in the presence of a real sleep walker. So this is how our tent found out-

2nd night, and the guy gets out of his bed, turns right, and bashes right into the door. He doesnt seem to realize that theres a barrier there, so he goes at it again and again until he has a big bruise on his forehead, then the next day asks “how did that get there?”. Also he broke the door :grin:

He sleeptalks a lot too, and you can actually have conversations with him when hes asleep. We ask him “what does daniel smell like?” and he says “strawberries”.
Then we ask “what does bob smell like?” and he says “martial arts” :tongue:

After a week, we realize his obsession with lucky charms and when hes asleep we say “daniel is the leprechaun who stole your lucky charms” Then he gets up runs over to him and puts him in a headlock and starts punching him. :bored:

Another 3 days later he really hates this guy. Also he developed a really accurate sense of smell. He was hiding behind the locker very silent, then we hear the sleepwalker sniff and he says “I know youre behind the locker”. It was really quite scary.

4 days later he started attacking everyone. He even attacked me; it was like a zombie:slow powerful and relentless. This is when we started tying him up at night.

He escapes from his harness and then in his jacket, his sweat suit, and everything he goes into the showers :eek:

He was a really strange person. Also we could play COD with him in his sleep. We say “theres a tactical nuke incoming” and he says “nooo! anything but that”
Then “haha i sniped the russian” and “now im gonna use my semtex knife on this dude” and “damn it where did he come from”

people from all around the camp came to laugh at him :grin:

^^^ Hehe :smile: ^^^

I think sleep walking may be when your body has forgotten (or something like that) to put you into SP. Might be that…