Slowing down time

Hi Dreamers,

For some time I’ve been wondering if it is at all possible to create a timedifference between ‘dreamtime’ and ‘real time’. To put it simpler: making 10 seconds pass in a dream, while IRL only a second passes.

I’ve heard some people on here before about extending the time of a Lucid dream. I’m looking for a way to lengthen the dream, not for a technique like chaining or something.

My Theory: it’s possible
I theorise that slowing dreamtime should be possible because brain research indicates that we don’t use our brains to their full potential. Futhermore, thinking of making a movement is much quicker than making the movement itself. Thus, it should be possible to make more stuff happen in a shorter amount of time.

Key point: Perception
When possible to do more in the normal amount of time, there is still the point of perception. For this to work, we must percieve event as passing normally, instead of quicker than normal, otherwise it would be like looking at a tv-show in fast-forward mode.

Physics: Relativity of time
E = mc2, time is relative. According to Einstein, the passing of time is relative between different frames of reference. To put it simply, when travelling very fast time slows down in the frame of reference of the traveller, but not in the person staying home.

Questions for you:
I would like you ask you guys a few questions:

1. Do you think that creating a time difference is at all possible?
  2. Have you ever done this? What happened?
  3. What could be techniques to accomplish this?

1: I say yes, meaning that it would seem this way to the dreamer. There’s the theory that time slowed down in dreams works because the dreamer has a lot of FM after waking up. If you can in fact experience everything for real rather than relying on FM’s is another question, and I can’t think of a way to proof it right now.

2: Nope. I tried to use the dream clock, but didn’t manage to.

3: The dream clock is the only technique I know of.

Hi Leijona,

I’ve read the topic. Interesting. But does it work? Sadly the topic stops when that question is asked!

That theory about us not using our brains full potential is one of the myths. Here’s the link.

I would say that’s all about perception…

Thanks for the reply! What’s your experience with the subject?

It definitely does work for WritersCube. :wink: I think I’ve read of other people for who the clock worked, but I don’t remember who it was, sorry.

I’ve had dreams that lasted for days, of course I have the feeling that they lasted that long. I think that this is much deeper subject and that we are not actually qualified to discussed it properly. That’s why I said that our experience is based on our perception.

Whatever is happening to us while we dream it does have scientific explanation, which we maybe just didn’t found yet. But if we take unified field theory as possible, then this is all having more sense, but as we humans are, we tend to explain things in the way we like, not the way that things just are…