Slowing Dreamtime

I don’t know if this is in the wrong forum, but I’m not a beginner so I won’t post in the intro forum.

I have heard of people having dreams that seem to last a long time. Pedro for example says he can slow his dream time so an hour of dreaming seems a day long or a week, and I’ve read on the forum of somebody having a dream that lasts years but is actually only one night. Anyway, I really really want to do this in my next lucid dream, but I have no idea how to. Has anybody succeeded in making a lucid dream seem last a really long time? Do you think your personality can change a lot if you have a dream one night that lasts months or years to you?

I mean, time is relative, when you’re bored in class or at work, and looking at the clock it takes forever! But when you’re just having a great day snowboarding or something its gone so fast. If every lucid dream seemed like it lasted 24 hours to you, but it happens during an hour nap, isn’t that like extra aging? You can have a mind/soul that is older than your body?

Hope that’s not too much to tackle in one topic:)

I don’t think it’s actually going for a year. It’s going ahead in time to see what you’d look like a in 40 years or something.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/40-year-long-dream/10851/1

Did I interpret this post wrong? Anybody have answers to my questions?

we also have a member that claims to be an Alien from another planet that only visits this “Earth” when he sleeps on his home planet, and when he sleeps on Earth he returns back home.

The dream world can be very different for many people, but inducing a new life time in dreams seems next to impossible according to research by LaBerge.

In LaBerge’s sleep lab at Stanford they studied dream time. They found when I person was lucid and counted “one one thousand, two one thousand” that it corresponded with real time. This hinted to the theory that time was not slower or faster in dreams, but the same as in real life.
This is mentioned on ld4all.com in the “What>Research” page :smile:

however, consciously altering time might be a different story. :wink:

People in a hypnotic trance can alter their perception of time. It shouldn’t be impossible to do the same in a dream, if you know how to do it. Unfortunately, I don’t. :cool:

I stick by my views I gave in chat (for anyone who was there).

For thos who weren’t, they are (put simply) that:

a) it isn’t possible
and
b) if it was, it would affect your memory in a negative way

I read from somewhere (or from someone here?) that having loooong LD’s are similar to movies: In 1,5 hour movie (even if it describes 1 day in the life of main character), we see only main scenes. For example: character goes to sleep in one moment and in next scene he wokes up. I think that it’s one way how those LD’s can be interpretated, although i need to experience one of those myself before going to conclusions :content:

I think that was Pedro in his DD. I’d go check, but I won’t. So there.

Personally, I’ve had many dreams that have seemed to last for much longer, (years even) than the time that my physical body is actually asleep. I have felt like I’ve lived lifetimes more than just this one in waking life. I believe that the spirit actually perceives and responds to these epic dreams and that it partially carries over into waking life, but definitely not in a negative way. I feel like an old soul, and have ever since I was a child and began having these epic dreams. It is like extending life…not necessarily in this physical body I have, but it extends my life through experience, even if it isn’t a physical experience, but a dream experience, it can be as real to the spirit as any other experience full of learning and insight.

cool thanks for interesting responses. too bad pedro isnt around to enlighten me as to how he consciously altered his dream time. If its possible wouldn’t it be something everybody would want to do in every LD since you could make it seems like it lasts a lot longer? I would anyway…