Soo..What was it?

Ok, so I’ve been reading all about LD for months now. I do the occasional reality check and try some techniques here and there.

Last night I went to bed and my dream started of by me walking into a dark room and then BAM! I relized I was dreaming. But the thing was I really wasn’t lucid at all!

It was exactly like any other dream, I had no control over it but the “Me” in the dream thought I did. But Right when I first “Thought” I was lucid I remember feeling a big pull at my stomach like on a roller coaster. But I never really became lucid!

So I know that I really wasn’t lucid but what was I? Was I close? What was that feeling? I’m very confused about this dream! Please help me to understand and THANK YOU in advance!!

That happened to me two days ago aswell! I spent my whole dream trying to convince people in my dream that it was a dream. I even created a snowman out of the side of a mountain :smile:, but I never was truely lucid. This means we’ve gotta be pretty close though. :happy:

I believe you are close. Those both sounded like prelucid dreams to me.

The definition of a lucid dream is to realize it’s a dream. You did that, so you were lucid, but it was a low-level LD and you had very little control. You should make it a point to RC and rub your hands so it’ll become more vivid.

Welcome, btw! :welcome: Be sure to introduce yourself in The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic - Part XXVII in the Gathering. =]

if you do the RC where you hold your nose and breath out, the sheer craziness of how that feels helps to put you in a more lucid state. Just keep doing it, noticing the sensation of doing something impossible and realising that other ‘impossible’ things are now very possible too.

Hi Stone101! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:

I completely agree with Wolf. You were lucid because being lucid is just realizing that you are dreaming. But lucidity does not necessarily mean control. Performing a RC immediatly after you become lucid can increase your lucidity level. I’ve had such a dream in which I became lucid but I noticed that it didn’t change anything. I shouted “Lucid! Lucid! Lucid!” until I felt I had more free will.

You didn’t clearly state what you were thinking during your dream.

There are two possiblities:
-You dreamt of being lucid
-You became lucid without much control over yourself

If you don’t have much control of yourself, try to awaken your mind. Think! Observe! Act independent of the dream! Realise that this is all fake. The nice sundae you see on the table in front of you is not real!!!

For me, I usually start my LD with either with an RC to affirm it, then I’ll observe the surroundings, feel the wall, floor, atmosphere, sunlight, wind etc. while telling myself that this is all FAKE! Then, I’ll marvel at my own mind’s imagination for a moment before taking off (Literally! My hobby is flying)

Thanks everyone for the great advice!! :content:

Hang in there Stone101 and I’m sure you’ll have a more vivid LD. What you describe has happened to me too. When I wake up I think that if I knew I was dreaming why didn’t I do something fun instead of just talking about it in my dream? Was I really lucid? Low-level LDs do not really feel very lucid but the higher-level ones are fantastic! Good luck :content: