started a dream journal, have some entries...now what???

hello…

i have been a reader of these forums for a great time now…

this just might be my first post here, though…

anyway, i just recently started to keep a dream journal (because its the summer and all)…

i have some entries (i think its been a week or a little more) and i have an entry for every night (usually more than one)…

here is a question for the experts of lucid dreaming:

what should i do now to have a lucid dream???

should i practice some techniques???

something else???

thanks in advanced…

:wink:

I’m not that experienced, but I know you’ll need to keep that journal. I don’t think you’re supposed to stop writing your dreams. Practice some techniques when you think you’re experienced enough with your dreams.

I might be wrong, I haven’t had an LD.

Hi they see ALL, try looking under the First and How sections on the main page: ld4all.com/

You can also read the How to choose your technique? topic.

That’s a good resource Basilus linked to. Basically, it all boils down to MILD vs. WILD. Most people who have success with lucid dreaming use one or both of those techniques, with perhaps some WBTB or other minor techniques to help. If you don’t know already, MILD focuses on the idea of remembering to realize you’re dreaming; WILD focuses on the idea of physically falling asleep while maintaining consciousness, thereby taking you straight into a lucid dream. Pick one of these (the link will help) and stick with it for a while.

Good luck!