Successful WILD without me knowing?

Hey everyone!
So I have been training for a WILD experience. Read tons of guides and practiced alot. I always combine my attempts with a good 6-7 hours of sleep before trying it, since I have figured its around that time I have the best and longest dreams. The thing is that I never succeed. But the last times I have tried, I came a bit closer. Thing is that I come to a certain point, I feel my heart racing, limbs twitching and my whole body going really numb ( and it sometimes feels like its turned backwards ). At this point im focusing my breathing to relax even more and I dont allow myself to get too excited. And I lie there for what feels like 5-10 minutes feeling the sensation getting better and better. But then all of the sudden its gone. I feel absolutely nothing at all.At this point I usually just sigh deeply and go to sleep normally.

Now here is the thing, I just read some posts about people saying that they have only a mild SP experience, with no HI or sounds. But when they think they are still awake and does a RC just for the heck of it, it shows that they are in fact dreaming. So this got me thinking, what if i am in fact dreaming when the sensations wear off, and if I attempt to do a RC I might be dreaming? Kinda deep but what the hell, I cant see myself doing the WILD technique any different, and what is it im feeling if not SP? :confused: It would just feel so absurd that Im entering a dream that easily, (without even noticing it myself). Since I read about all this fancy HI and sounds and all that shizzle. Next time Im going to do a RC when I think everything passed. I want to have a WILD experience so bad. But would be nice to hear if anyone else experienced anything simillar. :smile:

// Kris

That is the idea behind FILD … moving your fingers, then after a short period of time doing a RC (even though you think you are awake)
FILD tutorial

:happy: It’s interesting I just had a similar experience. I’ve been trying WILD for many months with no real sucess. :neutral: I’ve had LD’s after doing one but I don’t know if it is really attributed to doing WILD. So, the other night I woke up around 3:45 am read 5 min. on LDing and drank a glass of water and went back to bed and did WILD. I didn’t have any vibrations or high pitch noise but I remember thinking I guess I could be LDing right now but everything was dark. I did a RC HNB (hold my nose and breath) and it worked I was LDing but it didn’t feel real because It was dark , this has happen before but I ended up losing the LD because I couldn’t make it light. So I thought maybe my eyes are closed. So I try to open my eyes but I’m afraid because I know my eyes will open in RL and I won’t be LDing anymore. I opened my extremely heavy eyes and i was in my bed next to my husband and everything looked the same as it did before I fell asleep. So I thought I was awake then I did another HNB just for the hell of it and it worked I was LDing I couldn’t believe it. Totally not what I expected it just seemed to easy.
What I’ve learned is ALWAYS do a RC even if you think your sure your not LDing!
Good luck and Sweet Dreams!!
That dream that I just told you about is in my Dream Journal under the title
“Open your Eyes, see with your Heart” :content:

Thanks for the replies, I actually tried FILD once wich led to a Lucid dream, it was a DILD though but still :tongue:. Nice to hear someone having the same problem, but what you describe sounds exactly like me. Going to give WILD a new attempt right now. Wish me luck, ill post back later. :happy:

Edit: Guess I got a little bit too excited, tried it again this morning and came to the part were SP kicks in. But instead of letting it kick in properly, my excitement made me do a RC and break my SP. So well, next time im gonna wait a bit longer. ^^

This was my first WILD experience. I could never reach SP it seemed, I never felt any vibrations or HI, but then I tried different techniques, one night I first counted slowly to 100 and did an RC, it failed, then I just laid still for some minutes and did an RC, it failed again, but when I tried lying still again, after a couple of minutes I suddenly felt like this is the right time to do an RC, very wierd feeling, and I did an RC and was in a dream, with no transition from the real world.

Yeah, it would be such a relief for me to actually be able to WILD. I will keep on trying untill I succeed! :happy:

I’ve read that WILD ends in one of two ways. 1. The dream forms in front of you and you’re there or 2. All the sensations stop and you get to a “quiet zone”, which is what happens to me. Yes before you give up, open your eyes and do a reality check just in case. You might be in a dream! Good luck :happy:

Hm, I usually do a nose RC BEFORE I open my eyes, does this matter? Or should I always open my eyes before I do the RC?

Before and after

This is interesting, even I have never heard of “the quite zone” method of WILD’ing.

Perhaps I could try WILD tonight. :smile:

If that is what is happening to me, then the dream must be really vivid and intense, since I myself can not tell the difference. Hehe. ^^

Your going to be surprised at how real and vivid dreams really are! I can’t wait to hear about your first LD!!

Lidy, I have had them since the age of 12, but I have never succeed with the WILD technique, so far I have had only DILDS. :smile: But I badly want to get into WILDing.

:smile: Oh, sorry Todey. Any luck yet with the WILD yet?

No problem ^^ Not yet really, havent had time to try it properly yet. Last time I did not enter full paralysis so. Hopefully I can give it another go soon enough. :wink:

I get unintentional OBEs but very occasionally, usually when I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason and go back to sleep.