That emptiness beyond purpose and meaning. What now?

But its not just that. A lot of senselessness can be felt when you have a potential for something, but you can never practice it. There is a certain feeling when you do something you are good at and you feel how good you are. I can’t explain it, but its the thing that puts sense to your work. Dogs sometimes just run for the fun of it, birds sometimes sing for the sake of singing, people sometimes talk because they like to talk. At such moments, when you do something without reason, just for the fun of it, you never feel emptiness or no purpose/meaning or whatsoever… you just feel fulfilled. I’ve had such bad moments and then its highly noticeable what I speak about, when I start doing something I like, I instantly feel what I like about it.
Man, just start to love yourself for what you are doing, the other things will come.
I feel that you think that you are only good at lucid dreaming and will never reach anything else to such point of mastery. Yeah, its not easy to reach something else to such a degree of mastery, but there is an easy way. Liking to do something is the first step to be good at it.
I’m a lazy guy, I don’t meditate, practice any spiritual whatever, I never even gave effort practicing WILD, DILD, etc. If you ask me, chances are I’d wake up in the morning, walk my dog, get a beer on the way back and drink enough till I fall asleep again. No effort involved and chances are that I will get a series of lucid dreams that will keep my interest for days. I don’t lucid dream everyday, but I believe that without pushing them, I get more quality dreams. I tried to push them at one point, but results were that I got more depressed than happy cause I had high expectations. Not to mention that some of the random occurring dreams were more inspirational than any drug I’ve tried. Dreams come from you, most of the times its yourself who is teaching you, but keep in mind that its not the waking you who read this, nor the dreamspace you create is only accessible to you. Dreams have shown me that its not only me inside my dreams. While most of the times its just me, there are times that I’m not alone. Not to mention that according to some readings and reports of some psychedelic enthusiasts, dreamspace is a part of the metaspace anyone can visit… only that you have to allow others to visit you.

So yeah, you can go all around saying that you feel others to be extension of you or whatsoever, but if you say this to my face, I will kick your ass :happy: I’ve been there, I’ve seen friends being there, and its awful idea from which once you come out, you start to appreciate the different characters that are around you. I can give you 100 reasons that I am not anything like you, just as 100 reasons that I am just like you. Its only a matter of what you are going to provoke in me…

And I think thats your main worry… you dont provoke the world around you :razz:
Also, start treating yourself better. As my friend said, you can’t feel bad if you love yourself, its impossible. Its your natural state to love yourself and in your natural state you can never feel bad.

Don’t try to reach transcendence or whatever, try to reach yourself, your character, just that feeling “under your skin”, idk. Its the easiest way to find the freedom of expressing yourself in any way. Then feel free to transcend without any negative impact anywhere.

took me a while to come back to this. i also did a few thinking myself, putting myself in your position Lumessence, where the thing i love the most, my passion is denied from me.
i really dont believe thats something that can happen, cause whatever happens ill find a way to bring it back into my life. that is unless that thing stopped being the thing i love to do.
and that is something that can also happen, a change in preferences, it can be overwhelming since for so long ive done that singular thing and now i dont want to do it anymore? dont like it as much? what now?

this is something you should also consider, be honest enough to yourself to answer that question.
if you stopped having an interest in lucid dreams because you feel that you covered the whole subject, that ok too. you move on to the next thing.
if that is not the case and you can be honest enough with yourself to say that it is still your passion, you will find a way.