The Best Way to Get Lucid...

… has not been discovered yet. We have lot’s of different techniques and lot of devices to help us, but all of these are faulty. So, guys, I say it’s time we develope our own technique. One that’s foolproof… or as near to that as we can get. This topic is for all of the odds and ends of ideas, so maybe we can put all our heads together and come up with the perfect technique. Just please don’t post saying that there is no perfect technique, because there might be, we just haven’t found it yet. :smile:

Reply, everyone! No idea is a bad idea. Your thoughts might be the start to the greatest method of LDing yet! I can’t wait to hear everyone’s ideas! :smile:

I personally believe that there’s no “best way” for everyone. Everyone’s different. :wink:

Also, interesting idea, but Mars has already posted a pretty much identical topic. :content:

You can find that here: https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-spark-of-lucidity/34956/3

Edit: I just saw that you’d posted on that topic before. :lol: Sorry!

Here’s my idea, by the way:

When I try to think up new techniques, I use science to help me out. Without knowing how things work, we’d basically just be taking a wild shot. Now, in your brain, the part that we need to be awake in order to get lucid is the PFC (Prefrontal Cortex). Usually what happens with that is something sets off a spark in it, like a DS. Then we do a RC and it sets off a chain reaction, waking up a bunch of other neurons in the PCF and making us lucid.

The PFC controls logical thinking. It also connects to the amygdala, which controls emotions. And it also connects to other parts of the brain that control conflicts, memories, sensory input, etc. My theory is that if we could find an consistant way to set off the parts of the brain that connect to the PFC all at once, we would send a strong enough signal to start a spark of lucidy. The question is how to find the right signals, figure out how to send them, and see if we can do it consistantly… and hopefully without any outside aids. But if we can figure out exactly how to send those signals at one exact time, the signal would be so strong that it would be nearly impossible to miss a LD.

Yep, I know. And credit goes to him for posting that topic (although I had known about this before). But the point of this topic is to discuss any ideas, not just that one.

And like I said, please don’t say that there is no ‘best technique’. So far, I know that. I’m just hoping that we can prove that wrong… or at least come up with another great method. :smile:

Well, since I didn’t see your edit before mine, I’ll post again. As to a perfect technique… I don’t believe you can “ensure” anything without messing with your brain and brainwaves themselves. However, being aware is one of the key things to lucidity. I think that the “perfect technique” would have to deal largely with awareness and might end up dealing at least partly with LL to get your brain more in the habit as well as getting it somehow to “fire up” in that section while asleep, whether by somehow setting a “timer” to set off sections near it, or something similar.

Eep, runon there. Sorry. But there’s my thoughts on what a “perfect technique” would look like, if I believed there was such a thing.

Edit: Sorry, you hadn’t asked not to reply like that before I posted… your edit was very soon after my first post. :tulip:

Your search for an individual technique is correct.

The best technique is the one that aligns with your brain and feels natural. For example I had a lot of success with dream reentry/dream chaining/DEILD and non-induction technique. Together they allowed me to LD at will, just about every single night.

Yet then my lifestyle changed and I couldn’t do that anymore. :sad:

Way to lure people in with that misleading title. :meh:

Anyway, my personal favourite and most effective technique is a simple one that I have come up with. Basically, you just need to go to sleep with the phrase “The next time I open my eyes, I will be dreaming.” being dominant in your thoughts. It takes practice, but once you can hold it in your mind, it’s just about guaranteed to work, because the first thing you’ll do upon opening your eyes is an RC. If it fails, you’re most likely in bed again, and have yet to fall asleep. Otherwise, you’ll instantly become lucid. Let me know how that work out for you. :happy: