The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 47

:wave: welcome to ld4all Mantistador :happy:
:yay: it’s great how dream recall can improve so dramatically by just showing interest in wanting to recall them :smile:
are you planning on keeping a dream diary too?
:thumbs: good luck with your lucidity quest

:welcome: Mantistador

ohh yes, I think I’ll start soon :wink:

Yet ANOTHER n00b.

Hello all, I’ve registered here a couple of months ago but for some reason didn’t post a thing if memory serves well. My name is Dmitry and I live in Israel. I got interested in LDing in a pretty “secular” way, heard it somewhere, looked it up and here I’m. But aside the fun side of it I’m also very interested in the cod-philosophy behind it. Watching the movie Waking Life blew my mind! I considered the Solipsistic idea very seriously, and realized that I better let it go because I could never prove or disprove it. I’m very agnostic in all of my beliefs, a tendency that was brought to me from the late philosopher, SciFi author and Pope Robert Anton Wilson. For the past year or so I got hooked on Philip K. Dick (as you can infer from my signature, which I’m sure that I’m the 10th person here using this signature), he reffered to himself as a fictionalizing philosopher, indeed many of his novels explore the idea of what is real (I’m currently reading "The 3 Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch) very dreamy book.
Well enough about myself because for all I know I may be a butterfly who’s dreaming that he’s a person writing stupid scrolls about himself.

The forums here look awesome, though very very very large :smile:

Salutations Rasputin, nice name… :razz:
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay

:wave: hello Rasputin
There is a topic on Waking Life in the lucidity centrestage forum. You may also like the What book are you reading topic in the lounge forum :read:
I’m sure you will find lots of on topic and off topic threads which you would like to post in this time :wink:

Hey there, suprised i didn’t find this thread earlier.

Just like to thank everyone who has put so much effort into making this site what it is today.

Already had my first LD thanks to this site and it feels great!

Hello. Just found this forum today, via a friend’s recommendation (don’t know what he calls himself here), and it piqued my interest because dreams have always fascinated me. In particular, lucid dreams have been an on-and-off interest for me; over the years, I’ve tried attaining them before giving up after a couple of weeks with little progress. Last time I tried it, I almost succeeded, but that was a long while ago.

So, now that I’m here, I’m going to try again. I now have a little experience in meditation, so hopefully that will help.

Lucid dreaming holds many appealing opportunities, some just for fun, some a little deeper. I’ve always wanted to understand dreams, and lately, I think I’ve made some progress there; in fact, I have some theories to share if anyone wants to hear them.

For me, normal dreams vary from vivid and epic to completely nonsensical and crazy. If I have the dedication to pursue this interest (again), I’ll sample some of those here with a dream journal. Some of the entries here sound almost as insane as some of mine.

Anyway, good to be here, and I look forwards to exploring lucid dreams.

Hi Receuvium! Welcome to the ld4all forums!

Very nice first post indeed. A wierd thing say, but im saying it anyway. xD

Greetings!

I used to practise the art of lucid dreaming time ago. I had made some lucid dreams, and then due to lack of time i gave up.
Now, as i see that this site has many things to offer about lucid dreaming, i decided to start practising again, and discover more about the world of dreams.

Because as some people use to say: “Dreaming is the first step from improving your reality!”

That’s all for now :content:

:welcome: hello LordLeckie, Receuvium and WandererOfChaos :happy:
I hope you all enjoy your time spent at ld4all :grin:

:yay: congrats again on your LD LordLeckie (other members can read about the LD here)

:grin: I love reading the dream journals

:wave: hello again WandererOfChaos, I’m glad we got you logged on at last :whew:

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I’ll check the Waking Life and the book thread right away!

:smile: :smile: :smile:
The pleasure is all mine :grin:

:welcome: to ld4all WandererOfChaos I hope you find your stay here well worth your time.

Thank you kT4all :smile: i am sure that i will gain (and maybe offer to some subjects :smile: ) a lot of knowledge and wisdom from the discussion in this forum :content:

The only thing i find a bit…strange it’s the name of my kin :bored: :bored: i expected something like other nice kins (crystal, wizard, dragon e.t.c.) but that’s my kin, so anyway i will get used to it :tongue:

Also please be patient with my english, they aren’t my mother tongue, so are not very good :sad:

Dear all,

I’m very excited to have joined this community. I’m 19 years old and a junior in college. I spend much of my time sleeping, so dreaming has become a large outlet for my imagination. I enjoy waking up and discussing my dreams with friends, and I have found that the more I do this, the more regularly and vividly I dream. I recently saw the movie Waking Life and decided that learning to Lucid Dream would be a great way to spend all of this extra nap time I have. Lately I’ve been having some very interesting dream experiences that I look forward to discussing on the forum. My personal quest is to use lucid dreams to write comedy and test my jokes in front of dream audiences (and to chill out in sweet Saturnalian coffee houses… of course) I would definitely enjoy getting to know some of you and sharing our experiences together. Speak to you soon!

-Zack

:welcome: Zack!! :grin:

:welcome: to the world of lucid dreaming Dream Is Destiny and I hope you have a wonderful experience here at ld4all.

hey Dream Is Destiny, welcome to Ld4all, it is 4 all here and there are plenty of LD 's to go around… so enjoy your stay :razz:

SoS

:welcome: hello Dream is Destiny :happy:

:yes: and the bonus of discussing them on the forum or keeping a dream journal here is that you can re-read about your dreams at a later date :boogie:

dreams can be a source of humour … but the trouble with testing out jokes on a dream audience (unless it is to get over the fear of performing infront of people) is that they will react in the way you expect them to do

there is a topic about Waking Life in lucidity centrestage :smile:

I hope you have fun here :content: