the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 52

That would increase your chances of lucidity. But if you do FILD too then it wouldn’t make much sense to be writing all of that down when all that happens in FILD is being transfered into a dream. I would say do one or the other, but not both. Do FILD + WBTB.

okie got it.
When doing WBTB, does it make you lose sleep too ?
I’m afraid that might happen to me >.<

The most time you can spend awake is usually 90 minutes but you can go to 10-60 or however much you feel necessary.

Hello everyone, I joined here a while back and forgot I had joined. I think this is my first post. I’ve had lucid dreams as far back as I can remember and started having them on purpose some time in the 80’s. I’m going to go have a look around the forums and see what interesting discussions are going right now.

Welcome back, IThinkTherefore ! :beer:

:welcome: welcome to LD4all :grouphug:
/me hopes you don’t forget us again :wink:

I think you would probably like the lucid adventures forum, we run a different official quest every month … this month it is read the book of your Life
Please post in the Sticky: what is the 1st dream you remember? Part II topic … we also have a first lucid dream collection in the DJ forum if you can remember the first time you became lucid :dream:
Finally … moogle spams the 30 years or older topic :wink:
I hope you enjoy your time here :grin:

:welcome: IThinkTherefore!!

Back in the 80s? :wow:
You must have some interesting dreams in there somewhere. Good thing you came back!

Hahah! Hello, I’m new… my mate directed me here after we got all excited about lucid dreams at school. =P We had nothing else to talk about…

Anyway, it seemed interesting, so I read about it last week, and amazingly that night I had my first of 3 in the space of a week! =D The first wasn’t that great, but the most recent went well, still can’t make things transform yet though. =/

Yeah, so, that’s enough about me… hello people! =]

:welcome: Neptune!!
Always a good thing to have a friend also interested in lucid dreams than one that makes fun of you for practicing it. Congrats on your three LDs too! :happy:

Hey, Neptune! :wink:

Congrats on the LD’s. The more you practice the better they get! :grin:
It’s great to have a friend interested. You can motivate each other. I’d be a very happy guy if I could talk about dreams all day long. :shy:

See you around.

Hello! I go by many names, but I decided signing up here that I’ll use my favorite - I’m not telling. :tongue:
I got into learning how to lucid dream a few days ago, and I’m planning to use the experience to help with my Final Project in school. Basically, we get to pick whatever topic we like and research it, before we create our final art piece on or inspired by it. I’ve probably bitten off more than I can chew with researching the connections between Sleep/Dreams/Hallucinations (and lucid dreaming), but I’ve had enough sucess so far that I’m not willing to drop something I think is that interesting. :wink:

I’ve experiened a few pre-lucid dream states before, ranging from a very clear segment from a dream when I was little where I knew that “something isn’t right”, to an odd case of sleep paralysis and interacting with hypnogogic imagery last year, while taking a nap in a car. I’ve also had a certain degree of sucess with WILD so far, but I haven’t experienced a lucid dream as of yet.

I hope my entire experience here will be fruitful, and I also hope that I don’t manage to say something not-quite-so-smart here (I’m prone to doing that on foums, no matter how hard I try).

Love and cookies!
Moi

welcome, i’m not telling! Be aware that you will soon be known as INT around here :wink:

final art piece, that sounds so interesting, I hope you will post it in the fruits of lucidity forum (since it will be inspired by dreams :grin: ) Good luck with your project! Have you already tried to summon the way your project should look like in a dream? That’s a very effective way :grin: (if you didn’t know, LD4all started out as a school project too, and I dreamed up the design).

Looking forward to learning more about you, even if you aren’t telling :tongue:

hey everyone, I’m new here. I’ve had two lucid dreams that I can remember and I’m looking to start experiencing them more regularly.
:smile:

:welcome: I’m not telling & rick!

I also did an experiment the beginning of this month for our final biology project. Let’s hope you stay here other than just to experiment :wink:

:welcome: hello Neptune, I’m not telling and rick :grin: I’m sure you will all enjoy yourselves here

That’s a brilliant start :yay: will you be posting them in our DJ forum?

I’m glad you used the word yet and not just “I can’t make things transform” :thumbs: since with a bit of practice you will be able to do it :happy:
Has your friend joined too? or was he already a member?

:smile: it’s better to do something interesting than something easier but not as much fun

I wouldn’t worry about that, we are a friendly community and don’t bite new people :tongue:

I hope you share your 2 lucid dreams with us … either in a DJ in the DJ forum or our big My First LD Collection topic which is a sticky topic at the top of the DJ forum :content:

/me wishes you all good luck in your lucid quests :dream:

Hi, my name is Deimos, and I’m addicted to cybernetics (aka, the study of systems and how they work). That’s why I’m interested in lucid dreaming now - I want to learn more about the systems that relate to dreaming.

(The handy side effect of being able to control one’s dream also helped in motivating me to join this forums, of course. :grin:

I’ve had two vaguely lucid dreams - one when I was still young (the result wasn’t very successful, but was very amusing) and one a couple of weeks ago (a weird subconscious kind of control over a dream).

I’m starting at the beginning of learning lucidity, though, so I’m going to start a DJ tonight. (Thank goodness my semi-LDs were so memorable!) Wish me luck.

:wave: hello Deimos Braun welcome to the forum :content:
good luck :happy:
if you start your DJ before you go to bed with your previous LDs it could help to get your mind focused on LDing :content:

Thanks for the tip. I’d read ld4all before I go to sleep, but computers/TV before bed really get my mind tensed up. :razz:

Hello! I know some of you from Sea Life… for those that I don’t, nice to meet you! I created this ID on LD4all, and I think it’s about time I start using it.

Dreams, to me, can be as real or even more real than physical reality. Without active involvement with my dreams I would be incomplete… and my waking life would likely be more chaotic!

Well, here’s my new journal:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/staroflife-dreams/28115

~Sara(staroflife)

staroflife
at last I can give you an official welcome to LD4all :welcome: :smile: