the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 52

:eek:

As the baby from the E Trade commercials say. “Whoa”

:welcome: hello Stormdeluxe, now you have registered there are a few more forums available to you :grin: The one you will probably enjoy the most is the Dream Journal forum :content: Quite a few members have their favourite DJs and find them a source of inspiration :happy:

:eh: I hope you decide to post that dream on the board.

:grin: I would imagine that you feel you know some of the LD4all members already by reading topics as a guest :content: and now we can get to know you too :grin:

Enjoy your time at LD4all :smile:

LD4All, I have arrived.

:happy:

:welcome: Stormdeluxe!
Congrats on finding your SG, I have yet to find mine.

Hi people!

I found this site yesterday and I’m looking forward to achieving lucidity. :content: Actually I’ve had at least one lucid dream before but back then I didn’t know it had a name or that it could be controlled, but considering how much fun that was I can’t wait to have more LDs :content:

I just did if you want to take a peak :smile: [LINK!]

:welcome: C2YBJD & Mrs T!!
I’ve already seen some of your posts Mrs T and it’s good that you’re already getting active right away. :smile:

Hey Mrs T and everyone else too :woo: :wave:

:eh:

:wave: hello C2YBJD welcome to LD4all :grin: … I think you arrived just in time for the 12th anniversary party of LD4all :yay:

:wave: Mrs T, I’ve already spotted your DJ and poetry topics :grin: and i look forward to reading all the future posts in them :content:

/me has peeked :content:

Then you’ll have to be patient as I’m going away for a while, but still, it’s good to be here :content:

:peek: Hi im new here. Not sure what this is all about but it struck me while i was researching Mayan charts. I will research more here. I have trouble sleeping espescially when my mind is going. I have a vivid imagination and to put myself to sleep i start a waking dream and let it happen. Places events or people and soooner or later i sleep. three nights a week i have waking dreams. Dunno if I am on the same page with LD’ers but i will investigate here ty for havin me

I did see your first posts in the old “White Cosmics Post Here” thread :content: There are quite a few dreamspell topics just waiting for you to discover them :grin: Actually the dreamspell page on the main site is still there, although the link to it has gone (here’s a link to it)
Oh :yay: for read only … you can browse the old dreamspell forum in the archive ld4all.com/archive0205/viewforum.php?f=33 :thumbs:

A waking dream as in actually visualising everything consciously or does it just take off on it’s own once you begin it (a bit like a daydream? or HI ?)

I’m sure you will enjoy exploring the forum, we cover LDs, OBEs, Astral Projection and good old normal dreams too :happy:

:welcome: endless!
Here, you’ll have a great experience learning all about lucid dreaming!! :content:

Thanks for the shortcuts. I find this interesting and a good diversion I just noticed that i am an old man here :razz:.

Actually it happened last night restless at 2am i started to let my mind drift. I touched on a few topics like old friends, current events in my life to no avail then because im researching the Maya, Dogon tribe in Africa and Hopi prophecy i pictured my self on the road to Hopi lands (where i have been before) through the northern AZ desert and that was the trick. Its like my mind will allow me access to something it wants. Then its really all downhill. In the beginning i control it to a degree then it takes on a life of its own and then i let it go. Now as a day-dreamer the two for me are very different. The Day dream is a willfull manifestation and driven by the conscious minds desire to explore; whereas when i want to sleep it seems i look for my mind something to grasp onto. It is not me (conscious) who makes the decision. its like a crying baby you give it different toys or juice till you find what it wants and settles. I then try to work within the parameters established if i stray too much i wake and have to start over and sometimes the thing that brought me there wont work anymore or it is slightly changed. Example I found my path by driving down the road and passed a Medicine man something jarred and I had to start over the car wouldnt work anymore but when i walked on the road next to the Medicine man then it would work. This is just an example i realize the car would represent my search and medicine man would be my guide unfortunately I often realize this too late >.<
I want to say i live near Sedona and I dont fit into the “New Age” role very well. I really think some of these people are charlatans, phonies and snake-oil salesmen (sorry my opinion) and the path resides within us individually through self exploration. I.E. if i were to buy a crystal blessed by the great coconut god of Iowa well thats just silly, but if i was outside and saw something that moved me emotionally in nature and i was drawn to a small piece of granite (lets say) then that would be a touchstone to myself and i would probably keep it forever. I have potpourri in a mason jar from when my great grandmother died at age13 (i am 40 now) everytime someone important to me dies i take flowers from their grave and put them into it (without drying) Call this sentimental romanticism or w/e but i found this an amazing little jar and a touchstone for guidance.
If you were to ask me about OBE’s 5 years ago I would poo-poo the idea, but as i found the definition of OBE from resource material ive found here. I had them often when i was young and honestly they scared the crap out of me. I can still remember one when i was around ten on christmas eve it was that emotionally jarring. I never left the room i was in (which i never really did) just outside myself. The fear of them resided in me until i was in my late teens and I had them decreasingly till my late twenties. I never tried to have OBE’s i guess it came naturally.

Anyway sorry for the long winded post

Hi. I joined a couple of days ago, and I decided I’d make my first post.

edit: <_< guess I can’t tell the time, I joined nearly 2 weeks ago.

Hello. Welcome to LD4all.
A mod might be able to move this thread, the welcome posts go here

https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-hi-im-new-here-topic-part-52/28084

time flies when you are having fun :grin:
:welcome: hello stark, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

Hello ld4all, I go by Sanome and I thought I’d make a post to introduce myself.
I learned about lucid dreams while surfing wikipedia a couple weeks ago and found this site mentioned on the article. I must say it seems like a very large yet friendly online community. Everyone seems nice and helpful and I know I shouldn’t have any problems with anyone on here.
As for lucid dreaming I’ve had two times where I came somewhat close to having a lucid dream. The first time it was a very vivid dream and I almost had an inkling that something wasn’t right but was never fully conscious that it wasn’t real. Then a few nights ago I started having a dream about grand theft auto. When I have ND’s about video games things tend to not work right like they do in real life meaning I always end up frustrated and confused. This time though as I started trying to change weapons and things weren’t working I realized that the reason it’s happening must be because it’s a dream. Of course I immediately woke up but it was definetly encouraging. Hopefully I’ll start gaining fuller control soon.

:welcome: Stark & Sanome!!
Yes, we are very friendly indeed. Just ask a question by PM or look through a topic for a question that has already been answered. :content:

Hi! I’m bcomp. I’ve done a bit of lucid dreaming over the past few month but I’m not too good. I’ve been surfing another forum at dreamviews.com, but I want to get as much input as I can. The forum looks really good and everyone seems really helpful. I look forward to talking to new people, learning more about LDing, and of course LDing ha. :smile:

If you want to get to know me, PM yeah?