the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 59

[center][size=150]A BIG

to[/size][/center]

VasiliyNaveru, Solipsist, Thunal, Zglorblart, Leeh, dorianjamesfox and tickle_turnip :grouphug:

VasiliyNaveru, Solipsist and Thunal
sorry for not welcoming you sooner. Welcome to LD4all and I hope you enjoy your time here :content:

Zglorblart, congrats on your LD progress :smile: it won’t be long before you earn your LD4all quest wings :content:

That is a great compliment to pasQuale :happy:

Leeh :wave:

Good luck :smile:
/me sends lucid vibes :content:

It will be awesome :grin: That realisation that you ARE actually in a dream is breathtaking :smile:

:wave: dorianjamesfox
once you find the method that works best for you, you will be experiencing a lot of LDs again :happy: It would probably be an idea to add WBTB to those RCs. Have you read ‘choosing your technique’ in the knowledge base forum?

:welcome: tickle_turnip
:lol: your nick really makes me laugh when used in combination with your avatar :happy:
Good luck second time around :thumbs:

hey, I’m new here. A friend of mine was surfing this website a few days ago and I happened to look over his shoulder. :tongue: And I got interested. So far, I’ve only had a low-lvl lucidity dream, and am looking forward to much more. I’ve still got lots of questions on how this website works tho…like how to find the ‘playground’ and where to ask questions…can some1 experienced help me? thx

nice to meet y’all :smile:

:welcome: snowjin to ld4all :tongue:

I like the way you found this site :lol:

Not so hard, its just 2 subforums beneath the gathering. Where to ask Questions, hmm, depends on what question :grin:

Good luck on LD’ing :biggrin:

hello all. i’m new as well. there’s not a whole lot i do these days but sleep, and i’d like to see if i can take dreaming to the next level. you’ve got a lovely forum, by the way

:smile: so did he join too? or is he already a member?
welcome to the forum snowjin :wave:
As for asking questions … a lot of the answers are already here if you use the search feature :wink: But if you don’t find what you are looking for … just read the sub forum descriptions and if you post in the wrong place it doesn’t matter a mod can quickly move it to the correct one :wink:
It bodes well that you have already had a low level lucid dream :boogie:
Good luck :thumbs:
you will have a full lucid dream before you know it :happy:

:welcome: welcome to LD4all cmcm
since we spend so much time asleep … we may as well make the most out of it :happy:

I hope you both enjoy your time on the forum :grouphug:

Welcome SnowJim and cmcm, hope your progress in LDing is great :grin:

Also hope you become a proud member of the unoffical usergroup that i just made up right now, the playground addicts.

I think i’m one, hope you can be too :happy:

SPOILER - Click to view

Also, moogle I think that would be a good idea for a usergroup, no special privleges or anything, just to show who loves the playground :cool:

:welcome: everyone! :wave:
I hope you like it here, and have a nice time!
Wishing you luck in your LDing,
~Shadow Dreamer~

:welcome: cmcm to ld4all, Im glad you like this forum and wish you good luck with LD’ing :colgate:

I dont think its nessesary, people will find out who the PG-addicts are :grin:

Hello, everybody! I’m quite obviously new here, and I’m very eager to absorb everything I can about lucid dreaming. This seems like a very organised, presentable forum, too- that’s always a good thing, so kudos to you all already.

I had never heard of lucid dreaming a few weeks ago; if you had asked me, I would have likened it to the psychotic effects of drug abuse. When learning about sleep in psychology, my teacher mentioned it in passing, but was unable to shed light on what lucid dreaming actually is. I typed “lucid dreaming” into a Google search, and eventually I came across LD4all. I’m not sure of what I think about lucid dreaming; it seems like an incredibly difficult concept to grasp, but I’m nonetheless eager to perhaps have a lucid dream of my own.

I’m a seventeen year-old Australian female from Victoria, Australia. I’m a Christian and quite proud to be so. I’m in my final year of secondary education (high school), and have applied to complete a Certificate IV in nursing in 2010. I live in a small country town with my parents, two dogs and one ill-tempered cat. ^^

~ Siouxsie

Welcome siouxsie! :welcome:
glad you stumbled across us :content:

also way to go of your psychology teacher to actually mention lucid dreams! That’s quite rare.

( I actually study psychology now and in our chapter about sleep and dreams - no mention about LDs, and it’s a 2005 edition so you would think they had caught up by now :tongue:

Even the teacher giving the lecture maintained that dreams were just randomand that it was not possible to remain conscious while falling asleep. I was tempted to go and talk with him in the break, but didn’t ( I’m in a class of about 600 people)

Thank you for welcoming me, pasQuale. It must be hard to run and maintain a forum of this size, so it’s kind of you (and of course quite impressive!) that you take the time out to welcome wee ickle newbies such as myself. :smile:

I’m certainly glad that he mentioned lucid dreams; it’s certainly opened me up to a whole new world, as I had never thought that dreams meant anything (or were controllable to even the tiniest degree) before he began to suggest to us the … less-accepted idea that dreams are controllable. My psychology teacher maintains that it’s possible to maintain at least some consciousness no matter your state; even when comatose - I didn’t realise it would be rare to have a teacher who mentions lucid dreams.

Thank you again for welcoming me.

~ Siouxsie.

hi everyone i am so glad i found this site i taught i was going mad but its nice to be amoung fellow people who also ld,i hope to share my dreams and feelings with people as time goes on all the best for now joey

Hi, welcome.
You will soon find out that people are so nice here, and you can talk about everything.
You will get a lucid dream eventually…you will, just keep trying.

We’re here to help :wink:
Ask if you have any questions.
By the way, there is a topic… ‘‘Hi! I’m new here’’…

hi lucidjoey :wave: welcome and nice to meet you. I look forward to reading your dreams :content:

Welcome Siouxsie to LD4all! I hope you enjoy the site everyone here is super friendly and helpful it’s a wonderful community. With dedication and practice you should have a LD in no time, however if you don’t, don’t get discouraged because it’s different for everyone. Stick with it because LDing is most definitely worth it! I was always interested in dreams but when ever I came across LDing in books I never took it seriously until one day I had an LD by accident. A friend and were talking about about dreams, I said that I fly all the time in my dreams and that is when sometimes I realize I’m dreaming. ( but I never took control I just thought it must be a dream and then I would fall back into the dream ) He suggested next time I’m flying in a dream and I realize it must be a dream to look at my hands. Just so happens that night I was flying in my dream and I remembered what he had said. And just like that I became an LD addict!! I can’t wait to hear about your first LD!! :wiske:
By the way that friend has never had an LD but he is not really dedicated. Working on your dream recall first is very important. :content:

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum but not new to LD in general, thats not to say I’m an expert, cause I’m not.

I was a member of the Dream Views community and then I had a period when due to computer troubles and such was unable to be on for a while.

I came back and posted several posts asking advice and help and over a 4 day period I got one reply even though many many people were on, both staff and members.

So I’m unsatisfied with their sense of community and thought I would see how friendly the forums are over here.

But anyway a little bit about my lucid experience and such.

I’ve known of the concept for a couple years and over that time have had about 11 of them, only a handful of them were caused by me. (Dont take that as a standard though because a great deal of the last year or so I havent been able to really try to get good)

At the moment I’m attempting to regain my dream recall, which is going fairly well. I went from remembering almost no dreams to remembering big parts of between 2 and 4 dreams per night. :smile:

Anyway, thats me!

I’d like to hear about what people here have to say about this community. How active is it? How friendly is it? Is it easy to find knowledgeable people for advice?

Stuff like that.

So, I look forward to hearing from you all, sorry for the wall of text lol.

Nifty62

Also, does this forum have any kind of special programs such as an Adoption Program for new people Podcasts, Newsletters, etc etc. .

:welcome: Nifty62! Happy to have you join our site!! PasQuale has done an amazing job at creating a helpful, informative LDing website, she stays very involved and offers a lot of guidance. As for the rest of the community it is, as you will see, very close nit and you will make a lot of friends here. There is a topic called LD4all is the best! on that page you can read others opinions on LD4all. https://community.ld4all.com/t/ld4all-is-the-best/30958 (i’m not sure how to create a link to another page can someone help me with that, please) :wink: here: clicky
As far as an Adoption Program I’m not sure what that is but I’m sure someone else could help you with that. There is a guide I recommend reading and the link for that is at the top of the page next to home. :wiske:
Hope I was of a little help. Enjoy the site and happy to have you here!! :grin:

Hey guys I am from Greece and my name is Steve.This site got me started in the amazing world of lucid dreaming!So I decided to join this awesome community =D :smile: :tongue:

Hello everyone,

I have had a few lucid dreams years ago, but never put to much effort into it. I am here to get back into it and work my Will. Look forward to all that’s to ahead…