The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVIII

Hello everybody! :wave:
Let me tell you a little about myself: I’ve been trying to learn to lucid dream, on and off, for about 10 years now. I’ve had a couple of lucid dreams but not with any kind of regularity and most of them end shortly after I attain lucidity (despite use of extension procedures). Anyway, I’m trying again now, using a different technique to before: to put it concisely, I am attempting to notice the similarities between the waking and dreaming state, as opposed to noticing the differences.
I’ve known about this site since it’s first incarnation and have visited it from time to time, but as a way of helping me to keep my mind ‘on dreams’, I’ve decided to join the forum! See you around! :smile:

hello thats me!

:wave: hello poke it with a stick
:rofl: I can’t help wondering how long you will keep that username if you get active :tongue: (it does make me smile when I see it :smile: )

/me waves to shamandream :wave:

Welcome to all !

Shamandream, I like this pseudo :content:

Good luck to all for LDing :smile:

do you mean, like, working out? I like to think of myself as a fairly active person… :wink:

Generic “Hello, I am new!” post, people.

… and a generic :welcome: to Teaorcoffee

I am new here. Registered today. I plan to read this forum on a daily basis.

Hey! I’m a newbie, but I’m relieved to asay I know I see a few familiar faces… moogle, Bruno… :smile: :yay: I found about ld4all through sealife and after joining a dream team I became more curious about ld. I’ve had ld for awhile now, only I didn’t call it that and had no idea what it was. Since i was a kid I’ve had horriable nightmares and the only way that I learned to deal with them was becoming lucid and taking control. Or rewinding mt dream so I could go bakc to a point where it was okay…

Welcome poke it with a stick, Teaorcoffee, Jamolos Scaramanga and margo :welcome:

Poke it with a stick; That username also made me smile. Since the first incarnation that is a long time. It’s good to see you finally joined us :grin:

I recognised your username margo, and I wondered if it was you from sealife. :content:

I hope you will all enjoy your stay here :yay:

Welcome aboard, everybody! :grin:

Margo, the first post that I saw you made was in The Dream Theatre, and as soon as I read it, I thought, Does she know Bruno? :eh:

I see you just know him from SeaLife. :tongue:

Rewinding, eh? I only recall doing that once, and it was somewhat recently, too! I wasn’t lucid at the time, however.

All right, it’s about time for me to return to the point that I originally came here to make. When I first joined, my introduction was less than satisfactory, so it’s about time for me to properly introduce myself. :tongue:

/me fidgets and looks down at her feet, apparently nervous. :tongue:

Okay—Well hi, uh, my name is Sofia—I mean Sonia! :wallhit: Okay, this is harder than I previously thought.

All right, all right! Please, allow me to introduce myself. *BlissfulBlues clears her throat loudly. I have registered at this site about seven months ago, after reading a Reader’s Digest article that mentioned lucid dreaming. I had never heard of it before, and I was intrigued. Now, in the time that I’ve been a member of this forum, you may have seen me here and there, occasionally stopping to make a post before returning back into recluse. This seems like a very friendly forum, and I can’t wait to be a part of it. :shy:

Okay, so a little bit about myself. I meditate regularly, and I’m also a big fan of Late Night with—clonk!

/me is knocked unconscious by a masked person wielding an aluminum baseball bat.

Hiya Poke it, Teaorcoffee, Jamolos Scaramanga and MARIAAAAAAA :happy:

/me jumps on Maria :hugs:

Welcome to LD4all, everyone! :content:

:welcome: Jamolos Scaramanga and margo, welcome to LD4all
I hope you both enjoy being members of LD4all
:smile: margo, I might get to know you better now you have joined LD4all. atm the little I know is from your sealife application form and the little that Bruno has told me :wiske:
Jamolos Scaramanga … you sound sooo mysterious :eh:

Hello, this is my first post. I experienced my first and only lucid dream a few years ago in my early teens, it was spontaneous as at that time I hadn’t been introduced to the concept of lucidity. The first thing that occured to me was to take flight, this came naturally to me and I’m surprised about hearing people struggle with this. I later dismissed it as a freak incident and almost completely forgot about it. Until about a week ago when I watched the film ‘Waking Life’ which renewed my interest in the idea. I rarely remember my dreams but I decided to try again last night using the advice on this website, it didn’t work but I will continue to try as I know it’s possible.
I’m also curious as to how frequently the people here experience lucidity and if most the people here believe in ‘new age’.

moogle, that’s because I am mysterious. :smile:

:wave: hello Phobetor :grin:

basic information about LD frequency can be found in some members signatures and in the rankings topics in the quest forum.

As for how many are into new age stuff, LD4all is a very mixed forum. We have every type of member you could imagine. There is no reason why interest in LDing should be linked to new age interests. So I would guess it would be the same as the general population :eh:

New here: “HELLO!”

I’ve been interested in LD for years now. My friend in elementary school would have them every night. He would try to help me, but I could never do it. Once I fall asleep then that’s it. My dream is almost like a movie and I’m just watching.

However I have had two LD on accident in the last 5 years. I realized I was dreaming when someone was about to attack me and I picked up a huge stereo speaker and threw it at them, then I jumped out the window. Another time I was walking down this dark alley and I again realized I was dreaming. I had a crush on my computer studies teacher at the time so in my dream I decided to make him appear behind one of the doors that faced the alley. He was sitting at his computer and I jumped into his lap and started making out with him. That was a fun one. :tongue:

The only thing I am able to do in dreams is make myself wake up. If I’m in a scary situation in a dream I tell myself over and over, “Wake up Amber Wake Up” I’m trying to work on not telling myself to wake up, but to actually go, “Hey let’s change this into something fun.” Hasn’t happened yet.

So there’s my long hello intro. :content:

yep its me from sealife. I think I’ve seen you there as well. Thanks for the welcome!

:wave: hello ZenKitten :grin:

Reading LD posts here, your sub conscious should pick up that you can change the dream, so it’s only a matter of time now :yay:
:thud: I called myself Amber in the current WolfGame :eh:

Hi,

im mike, ive been trying to get lucid dreams for maybe a week and a half now.

The only problem is, i cannot remember a dream for my life!

i’ll be lucky if i can remember a normal dream one time out of 1-2 weeks.

Can you give me some tips on remembering all dreams, because i may have had sucessful ld and not remembered it!

Thanks,
Mike