The BIG meditation as a LD Aid topic

I’ve been reading about the Ajna Chakra meditation(3rd eye chakra) here and there and I was wondering if someone experienced could help me out a little…
when I roll back my eyes in the direction of the center of the forhead, am I supposed to be a little crosseyed? or is looking up enough?

Okay Svav, that’s a good question. Luckily, I have the answer.
Step one: Find a trusty old ruler.
Step Two: Measure three inches out from your forehead.
Step Three: hold your finger where three or so inches away from the center of your forehead is.

Now, look at your finger. You’re a little cross-eyed and it’s a bit uncomfortable, yes? Well, luckily for you, you now refocus so your eyes aren’t crossed but still at that same angle.

Anything else?

thanks alot man that one has been troubleing me but I have another one. When I practise this meditation, I have to try with all my might to hold my eyes shut and that really disturbes the position of my eyes

should I just try to get used to that or is there something I might be doing wrong?

Ah. That’s another good question. First, tell, me, what position do you meditate in, how long do you meditate, and how long do you usually keep focused?

I sit with my legs crossed like instructed at many places and I usually meditate(or at least try to) for 5 minutes tops because I get irritated especially about not keeping my eyes closed and I don’t think I stay focused at all, I always get irritated about keeping my eyes in the right place and keeping them open

Well, I’m going to suggest that you try Third Eye meditation while laying down in bed. Also, I’m going going to suggest that you might try a few other types of meditation that you could do for a bit longer. Ten, fifteen minutes, say.

what do you suggest?

Well, I’d say do a concentration type meditation one day (Third Eye Med.), then another days to a relaxation meditation. Say, multiple PMR meds.

what is multiple PMR meds?

Progressive Muscle Relaxation meditations…

I do that regularly but I dont feel any extra focus

PMR meditation aren’t really for focus. PMRs are just to relax yourself, and your muscles (hence the name :spinning:)

ok, but I really like the relaxasation I get from it and I always get this strange sinking feeling

It’s your muscles flopping out and detensifying. Like melting icecream. I know what the end product is going to be when I start a relaxation meditation, so I took that knowledge and made My Sinking meditation. (I don’t like the visualizations of most PMR meditations…

I’ve just started meditating in the hopes I’ll be able to regain the skill of doing WILD from HI :content: and to maybe WILD in other ways too. I realised my brain was just too noisy so I get easily distracted lately when I try to WILD and then I just fall asleep without getting lucid :cry:

How I do it is to sit or lie down and then relax completely for a minute or so while I focus on my breathing and make my muscles as relaxed as I can. After that I might imagine something for a while so I’ll get relaxed faster or I just start focusing on what I see with my eyes closed. And I try to not think about anything or if that fails, try to not get distracted by the thoughts that pop into my mind. This usually work for a while until I get down to close to theta. Then things start popping into my mind and I’m having a hard time ignoring them :bored:

I also start getting faint visuals at this time and I might even loose consiousness for a split second. But I should be able to remaind consious with some practice. After all, I’ve only been doing it for 5 days so far :tongue: I try to keep each meditation session 20-30 minutes or maybe shorter if I don’t have too much time. And I try to do it 2 times each day.

I’ve already noticed that my mind is a bit more silent during the day now than it’s been before I started meditating :cool:

I only skimmed through this topic but I don’t think I saw a link to wildmind.org I do a mindfulness meditation that I learned from this webesite everyday. I can’t say that it has helped with my lucid dreaming or not but I do like doing it for other reasons. This is a very good website to learn different kinds of meditation.

I just wish I could get into the habbit of meditating atleast 30 minutes a day. I have some question. I meditate by focusing on my breathing… How do I know if it is working? How am I supose to feel? I know that may sound like a stupid question, but I have took enterest in meditating, but I didnt know if I was wasting my time, because I wasnt doing it right

OK… I sit still, and focus on my breathing, but I still have dialog thoughts in my head, but usualy its saying focus on my breathing. Is that OK? Or am I supose to get rid of dialog alltogeather, that is very hard.

My FAQs on meditating.

OK Ive began a daily practice with meditating. Do I need to buy a book, or can I just learn from the web? How is it possible to blank your mind? I have concentration on my breathing, but I still have my inner voice chating. Its like my focus on breathing, is layred with my inner voice. How do I know if Im doing it right?