the BIG Reality Check Topic [part II]

I’ve heard that connecting seeing your hand with doing an RC works well. I’m going to pursue this method… If you make a habit of doing an RC when you see your hand (or anyone else’s!) you’ll do it in your dreams, too, from what I understand. Of course the fact that your hand may look distorted in some way while dreaming also works fine as an RC :wink:

I’ve always had a problem with reality checks because I perceive everything as completely normal in a dream. Blurry clock, messed up text, etc. I think I definitely need more practice in that area. However… during probably the clearest LD I’ve had (which last about 10 to 20 secs), the first thing I did AFTER I realised ‘this is a dream’, was poking my arm through a wall ‘because this is a dream and anything is possible’.

Has anyone here tried the computer beeping programs? My computer is in my room so I could do it, but none of the programs work correctly. :\

Other than that I think I might use my alarm clock. I can see it from my bed when I raise my head since it’s standing a few meters away and not next to my head. So I can always see the bright red numbers when I look up, and I also glance at it pretty often when I’m at the computer or in my room.

I guess my problem is that I’m too accepting of my dreams. I’m very quick to believe stuff so when I dream it’s like everything is perfectly normal to me, even when strange stuff happens. I suppose this is the situation of a normal dreaming person. I hope that through practice with MILD and a dream diary I’ll be more alert when I go to sleep. My mind is lazy, heh. ^^

I’ve been doing RCs for a month or so with my digital watch when I can remember to check. But the one LD that I’ve had didn’t occur by those RCs. I was playing cards in my dream and I looked at two cards another person set down. When I looked a second time, they changed from kings to sevens. Then I knew I was dreaming, and changed my cards. Man, that was the weirdest feeling.

Do any vets have a suggestion on about how many RCs a day you should do? I don’t count them, but it seems like it could be around 10-20…

Now, I´m a real n00b when it comes to RC’s, cuz I never ever ever get the idea in my head when I´m dreaming, cuz I never seem to think anything might be wrong…sorry, digressing

But, wouldn´t it be more effective if, say, instead of using a chime or beep for a RC-“inducer”, you would record an mp3 that would play with regular intervals troughout the night, with a voice that said; “You are dreaming” or “Do a reality check”
I mean that would give the command straight away, instead of just -hinting- it…

Shouldn´t that work better, or am I missing something? :eh:

umm that may work, i have tryed it but it failed for me. i think teh reason that the clock beeping and stuff works is because taht when u hear it u sub con do an rt.

with the recording it might come into your dream like somthing diffrent. ever read the reports on the nova dreamer :happy:

I think I figured out how to make my mobile phone beep with intervals. I’m not sure though if it continues the intervals or if I should hit a button manually. I think I’ll also use it during the day because I really keep forgetting to do reality checks. I’d forget my own head if it weren’t attached to my neck, I swear…

But anyway. If I set the alarm interval during the night to signal me in my REM sleep, how effective would this be? And how long should the intervals be? 90 minutes, 70?

My new RC made me go lucid, try it out. During the day, as long as you are talking to anybody, tell them they might be dreaming. do that to EVERYONE, eventually you’ll say that to a DC, and you’ll realize that you, yourself are dreaming, it rocks =D

lol i tell ppl that anyways but i dont say that in a dream…plus i dont really fancy the people in white chasing me…again :content:

Anybody know of a cheap watch you can make beep at certain times of days with alarms to do RC? I write LD on all my papers at school so when I look at them, I end up noticing LD on them. I need a much more efficient way, and a watch would seem to do it.

I have an RC I just figure out yesterday. ^.^ If you have the machine for vending at school, look at what is in, then look away, and look back. Prices will have change, or candy will have change. I think of this last night when I dream I was at school trying to buy snack and I had to hurry up, and the cany I tried to buy was not there anymore. 0_o aiyah!
What you think?

ooh! And is there shadow rc? checking you shadow to see if is strange? Just to wonder?

I’m looking into the watch RC and was wondering if the watch has to be digital for it to work? If I got a watch with hands, would they still change in the dream? Thanks!

I think it has to be digital (somebody correct me if I’m wrong) because it’s reading alphanumerics that is difficult in dreams.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking… My counting fingers RC is certainly not working anymore. I’ve lost a lot of LDs because of it. So I’ll go out and buy a digital watch or find one somewhere around the house… I’m sure we have a few.

The watch doesn’t have to be digital. Any kind of watch will do! I have a watch with hands and it always works as a RC! So you don’t have to buy a digital watch for it! Trust me! I’ve always had a watch with hands and it has never failed me yet! It will show different time whenever you look at it in your dreams, so it’s just as good as a digital one.

That’s interesting! But if I tell that to everyone I’m talking to, then I’m pretty sure everyone will think I’m nuts! :wink:

I thought of that too and I’ll try that tonight. I already recorded a wav file that says “Minako, you’re dreaming” and I downloaded a simple program from Ld4all site that will play this wav file for me all the night in intervals. I wonder if it will work. I remembered that cause today when I was sleeping I had my pc on and the sound for new email played when I got one. I heard that sound, but I was still sleeping so I went to read an email in my dreams and so dreamed that I got a romantic greeting card from someone I like. (Unfortunately when I read the email after I woke up it was just a stupid joke from a friend, no card :no: ) Anyway I’ll try it tonight and we’ll see if it works.

Minako, you have no idea how happy you just made me with the watch reply :grin: I’ve been wanting to get a pretty un-digital watch for a while now, and the thought of having to get a digital one was annoying me… :bored: But since watches with hands also show different times, I’m good! :cool:

Glad to hear that, daysong! :smile:
Anyway, I tried that thing with a wav file playing in intervals all night and… well it didn’t work as it should. I set the program to start around 4am and then repeat every 30min. Somehow I just woke up a bit before 4am and I was lying awake in my bed. Then suddenly I heard a voice saying ‘Minakooo, Minako!’ OMG, even if it was my voice, it really really scared me!!! I then remembered that I set this wav file when I heard ‘you’re dreaming’… but I wasn’t dreaming, I was awake and my heart was beating really fast! So I just got up, turned off my pc, hugged my teddy-bear and went back to sleep! (I managed to get lucid later anyway :content: )