The BIG Remembering Dreams topic - Part III

Actually, it was the exact day. I remembered three dreams from the night before, one dream my first DJ night, and none since ever.

It might be a psychological block… I don’t know what to think about… :confused:

Last night I had a dream and all I remember is a voice saying, “Yoda is real.”
Odd.

LOL ! :lol: Then it must be true. :wink:
I hope that your dream recall will be better and better.
Good luck! :smile:

Well, that’s because its not really science fiction. It merely happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away :wink:

Like the poster of this message, I am having a big problem with dream recall. It seems the the more excited I get over dream recall and LD’ing, the less I remember! :grrr:
I’m lucky if I remember a few dreams each month. (but, I’m newbie). Does having a dream journal really help? (I started one 3 days ago, but haven’t seen much improvement yet…but, duh, it’s only been 3 days. :smile: )

Yes, having a dream journal really helps. :smile:
Have your DJ and a pen near your bed. When you go to sleep, repeat mentally something like: “Tomorrow morning, I’ll remember my dreams”. That’s autosuggestion and it works very well. Then when you wake up, don’t move! The first thing you have to do is thinking about your dreams. Don’t think about anything else. Once you have recalled your dream, then write it down on your DJ, even if it’s just fragments.
3 days aren’t enough to see big improvements, but it will be better in a week.

After a 10 day dry spell, my dreams returned. Not only that, but in this dream, I had a low level of lucidity. I realized I was dreaming because of something I said, but when I said in my mind, “I’m dreaming”, the dream started to fade so I just kept doing what I was supposed to be doing-namely fighting catwoman. I decided we should stop, so we did. The comment that drove me off the edge?
“Post-coital lucicity.”

I’ve never tried to just lay there when I wake up and remember my dreams. (I really should start doing that! :content: ) I figured that if I didn’t remember them when I first woke up, there was no hope in trying to remember them. Guess that thought was wrong…lol

What do you do about remembering dreams when you have to get up straight away?
Eg.most days i have to wake up for school and dont have time to think about it too much so i never remember. :sad:

If you have to get up straight away, you can’t remember your dreams and write them down. So, go to sleep half an hour earlier, and get up half an hour earlier too. I don’t see another solution to your problem… :sad:

What I do to recall dreams is clear my mind. Literally try to forget about everyting…almost like meditation…and let the thoughts come to YOU, not the other way around.

Hope I helped :smile:
Dili Dali

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody could help me with my problem: I’d like to start LDing, so decided to follow the advice on this site and start keeping a dream journal (I haven’t started yet as I only found the site last night!). The trouble is, I’m quite a bad sleeper so I generally can’t get to sleep fast or wake up at a certain time. Often I get to sleep somwhere between midnight and 2am, and have to be up by 8am at the latest. I also have a very bad memory in general, not just when it comes to dreams. The site says to try and keep still when you first wake up, but I never wake up all in one go - most of the time I’ll only realise I’ve been awake after a few minutes, and I’ll think something along the lines of “wha? how ong have I been awake?”. I honestly couldn’t say whether I wake up before my alarm goes off or not.
And, to tell the truth, I’d feel a bit embarassed at keeping a dream journal :blush:

Sorry for such a long post :smile:
Richard :help:

Hi RichardJ! Welcome to the forum!

I used to have the same problem when I discovered the forum. With autosuggestion, it disappeared very quickly and in, say, 3 days, the first thing I remembered when I woke up was recalling my dreams.
The only thing I did was repeating “Tomorrow morning, I’ll remember my dreams” before falling asleep. I suppose it will work so easily with you too. :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion :smile: I was just about to edit my post when I noticed yours. The day after I posted, I tried the glass-of-water trick, and it worked (to a certain extent)! I woke up fully conscious in the morning, and thought about the dream I’d just had. I only had vague recollections - but I wrote some brief notes on a pad of paper and typed them up on www.dreamjournal.net later that day.

This morning I did the same thing, but had 2 first experiences, both rather unpleasant. The first was, I woke up, thought about one of my dreams, how to put it into notes, then thought about my second dream. I reached over to write them down, and straight away forgot all but the simplest things about the first dream. :sad:
The dream I did remember was quite unpleasant, too - not a nightmare, it just involved things I don’t like thinking about.
Neither of these experiences have put me off, though - I’m typing up what I do remember on dreamjournal, and plan on continuing with my quest to lucidity :happy:

:sad: When I’ve several different dreams and it sounds like I could forget one of them, I write down quick notes about my dreams first, so that I won’t forget the others when I write one completely.

Hey guys,

i only just started my DJ and it was going good the first 2 nights. but then last night, it didn’t work at all. I told myself as i went to sleep “Your going to dream. Your going to remember your dream. You will get up once you’ve had a dream” I got up 90 minutes later but no dream? i got up some more hours later and no dream also, so i went back to bed, but then my alarm went off, so i turned it off. And then it went off again and the clock had gone backwards? Obviously i had had a FA. pity i don’t remember anything about my dream.

But yeah, lack of sleep, wanting it too much, and alarms really screw up dream recall.

Hi mohok, welcome to the forum!

Dont worry too much on dream recall, certainly after 2 days. For one, after 90 minutes you have had only a very small amount of REM and not much decent dreaming yet (most of sleep is deep dreamless sleep in first cycles). At least you remeberred a FA. Also, if your dream recall suddenly drops, this happens to a lot of people and often solves itself pretty soon. Good luck with your lucid journey! :smile:

I’ve been an insomniac for years, I’ve only recently learned about the possibility of lucid dreaming and I only joined this forum yesterday. After reading up on the subject and downloading a program called Liquid Dream (and playing one of the “incubation” meditations as I fell asleep)I had not only my FIRST lucid dream but the first actual dream I’ve even been able to remember in YEARS! The dream itself lasted from around 1:30 or 2:00 to about 4:30 in the mourning. It was an amazing experiance! It was the first time I’ve had ANY sleep in over 96 hours! And I was so aware and concious of the fact that I was asleep and that I was dreaming. It was like beeing awake inside of a sleeping body, making up my own story. It was a state of awarness I never knew was possible! I’m addicted now! I know I can never end my quest for longer, more vivid, lucid dreams. I will strive to have LDs until the day I die. The whole world needs to know what your mind can do wile you sleep. It is the day after now and I’ve never felt more rested and vitalized in my life! Not only did I have the LD between 1:30 and 4:30 but I went back to sleep (after writing down my experiance in my DJ) and had another dream that I could actually remember in detail! Not an LD but a dream none the less! I know that LDs are the key to solving a sleeping problem I’ve had for years. I cannot express my excitment! I’ve really had a true awakening… through sleep…

I spent alot of time trynig to find the best dreamjournal avaliable and I have to say one of the best I’ve found is the website https://www.dreamjournal.org which gives you a free online dream journal that offers quite a few new variables for adding/editing dreams, a keyword search page, A dream dictionary that anylizes and finds keywords within your dreams, it allows you to keep track of cohesivness and lucidity of dreams as well as a whole bunch of other things.

Just as a helpful suggsetion in case your intersted…
here is mine - https://dreamjournal.org/dj/index.cfm?do=getjournal&username=c_n12