The BIG VILD Topic - Part I

I’m giving this topic a bit of a bump. It’s a really good technique and IMO a tad easier than WILD with similar results. Any new dreamers should really try it out!

i read a post regarding a friend of a friend of pedro`s who apparently had a really detailed book written by Pedro about his VILD tech.
i cant find the post again but it said something along the lines of, not actually performing the RC,

as soon as he would be ready to do a RC he would look around the room and think about his surroundings, but leave the RC part out, so when he entered the dream and did an RC it was in a way a real RC instead of the imagined RC he would have looped over and over again before actually falling asleep, apparently this was according to Pedro (no quote) the biggest reason why some people could not do it.

i think it has something to do with it not being a part of the incubated dream, and more like an original thought, so you could notice it more.

Hmm… see if you can’t track that down. If so it’s a very important step to VILD that needs to be mentioned.

here is the post mentioned above

Very informative. Glad it was posted before I tried this, More chance of it working. I’m hoping this technique works well for me; I’m good at visualization, and I can get a scene similar to the one described set up and thought out pretty easily.

Wish me luck.

I’d be interested to know the name of the book, as I don’t remember Pedro mentioning it anywhere.

i have found a thread on the dreamviews site, just some added info on VILD,

dreamviews.com/f12/how-vild- … ely-40861/

I will try this out, it’s very interesting, I menage to enter in dreams with specific people in it but that was mostly in early morning hours, and those were people that I know very well, I suppose that’s way is important to know very well dream scene that you want to enter, nevertheless this technique needs much dedication and determination, this could be combined with DEILD I believe…

Peace!

I am curious, if I just visualize me running through a tunnel non-stop, without being a constant repeating thought in which I do a reality check, with something painted on the tunnel walls like “YOU ARE DREAMING!”, can I get a lucid dream?

And can VILD cause frightening experiences like WILD? Thanks.

VILD is about visualizing the same scenario over and over until it incubates itself into a dream whereas what you are describing is WILD with visualization as a focus. With that kind of WILD, you keep yourself aware with your imagination but it’s easy enough to lose yourself in your daydream, hence the mandatory RC at the end of the VILD scenario. Ugh, I’m not being very clear. It’s a blurry line between the two sometimes, but a pure VILD as its creator intended really is based on the repetition.

I assume you mean sleep paralysis and HH as the frightening experiences? It’s not as likely with VILD since you’re basically daydreaming yourself to sleep, but those things don’t even have to happen in WILD. In either case, doing these techniques later at night or in the morning will greatly reduce the chances of SP.

I just assumed I could have frightening experiences because I am concentrating on the vizualisation while relaxing my body, which is very alike to WILD, since I’m relaxing my body I would end up in SP. But guess not, I’m very good at vizualisation, the bad thing about this method for me is that as I am falling asleep vizualising gets harder.

They can be somewhat similar since they both involve going straight into a dream, but WILD intentionally tries to get the body to fall asleep first. Even still, it doesn’t have to happen that way. There has only been one time I’ve WILD’ed and experienced SP. But I digress, there’s nothing to fear about VILD, it just takes a little practice. Oh, and since I just noticed, welcome to LD4all :content:

Also bumping this wonderful tech to say I’M TRYING IT! Wish me luck.

And also, go read the original post. :tongue:

Two posts edited together… if you’d like to add to what you’ve said, please use the edit button in the upper right of your post :tardis:

I don’t really get why you shouldn’t change the dream that you incubate… i mean, you can try 1 dream for a few nights and maybe try another, to see wich one works… why shouldn’t be changed ever?

Thanks for sharing! I’m new here, but I’m going to try this tonight

This is my first time so wish me luck!