The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VII

Okay, so I’ve been moving for the last month (from Washington to South Carolina BY CAR) so I haven’t done any DJ entries or anything like that in a while.

But last Sunday, my dad woke up at like 6:00 AM and came in and told us to get ready for school (NOTE: It’s Sunday). So I wake up, use the bathroom, go get dressed, and then my dad is like “Oh wait, it’s Sunday! Go back to sleep.”
So I go back to sleep and wake up two hours later.

But in that time, this is how the dream went:

In my dream, I was in a car. But I realized I was in a dream and quickly did a reality check (breath while pinching nose), and rubbed my hands together. I was like super excited but I tried to stay calm so I wouldn’t wake up. I tried to change things, but nothing would work. And it’s as if my dream froze the moment I became lucid because no one was talking and I was the only animated thing in there. So then I tried to get out of the car, to see if I could focus better outside. But this is where it gets weird.

I wake up, but in my dream. So I do a reality check and still know that I am dreaming. But the moment I realize it again, I wake up again (still in a dream)! This time, I cover my nose and look in the mirror and breath. But in the mirror, I’m not covering my nose and breathing, I’m just breathing through my nose normally. Then the third time I wake up in my dream, I can’t even seem to move, and then I think I completely lost any lucidity because it went from 1st person to 3rd person and everything got out of whack and out of my control (NOTE: This was the first dream I’ve ever had that I was actually looking through my own eyes, normally in my dreams I’m like a camera following behind myself, and not actually myself).

I really didn’t get it. But it felt like a lucid dream so I thought it might be. Also, since I haven’t done my DJ in a while it wasn’t all that vivid. Even in the dream I noticed everything wasn’t very vivid (which, for some reason, made me feel tired in the dream and everything was harder to see).

Any explanations?

You were definitely lucid and the constant wake-ups are FA’s, which are very common to occur during/after a lucid dream. They can easily trick you into forgetting you’re dreaming, so you actually did pretty well that you weren’t fooled by them immediately. As far as I can remember, each night that had multiple lucid dreams also contained FA’s, so be very aware that once you’ve become lucid and think you’ve woken up, that you always do a RC to be sure (which is easier said than done, because FA’s still trick me a lot…even last night)

:happy:

Hey!

Im new to this site!

I just wonder if I had a LD the last 2 nights.

Im dreaming, and then i suddenly realise that im dreaming.

So I jump true the roof and start to fly really really fast. And everything is very cleare.

LD1: I realise that im dreaming. start to jump and I start to fly. And im so happy because im think that im ld. it’s fireworks and ppl is cheering. and im so so happy. I cant stop smiling. everythink is very clear, the clearest dream I had in my life.
Happy songs is coming, and im looking true happy stages of mye life.

I could only control my flying. not the stuff thats i was flying past.

The second ld:
was the same but I was falling instead of flying. and this time I was afraid.

So is this a LD? because Im realising that im dreaming and the feelings and everything is very clear and real. But I can only control my flying, and im thinking about what to do, and im afraid that im going to wake up, when i start to think about waking up, im waking up, and thats sucks :razz:

lekky:

You just had two lucid dreams more vivid than I have had in months.

The fact that you were actually worried waking up proves it. You realized you were dreaming though, that’s the big thing. You can be lucid and not be able to do anything.

Just remember, a lucid dream is a dream where you know your dreaming, whatever you choose to do with that information is your decision :content: (I actually forced myself to go back to a normal dream once because I was curious as to how the dream would end.)

I merged this into the BIG topic :content:

I recently had a dream that i had full control over. But, during the dream, i didn’t know i was dreaming. The next night i had a dream that was very long and incredibly vivid, just like the previous one. This time towards the end of the dream i randomly said to myself, “oh i’m dreaming right now.” Right when i said that, the dream became less vivid and i could tell it was beginning to collapse. Just then, I remembered a technique i read on this website that prevented it from collapsing. This worked temporarily, but not for very long as i woke up shortly after. My question is were either of these lucid dreams? I think the second one was lucid but the first one was strange. Also is it normal for the dream to start collapsing after you realize youre dreaming? Is there any way to help prevent this? :help:

P.S. If these were lds they were my first. Idk if thats important or not.

The first one sounds like it was just a FLD. The second one definitely was a lucid dream; congrats on your first! It is very normal, if not expected that your dream will start fading once you become lucid at first, and with practice it will get better. I recently had my fourth LD and it didn’t fade when I realized I was dreaming, but it did when I tried to change my dream. On the topic of making your dreams more vivid, I suggest this. It should help if you put in the effort. And finally, after you wake up from a LD you should ALWAYS do a RC. You never know when you may still be dreaming, but your subconscious tricked you with a FA.

hmmmmm it seems that the first one may not have been a lucid dream. Because often in dreams you can do stuff normally you cant- for example in a NLD you may wish for a car and start driving… Or you may start magically making things appear but its not considered a lucid dream because you didnt realize you were dreaming. As for your second dream it seems you had a slight lucid dream :happy: :happy: CONGRATS!!! if its your first LD its very very common for you to lose the dream or even wake up from it right as you become lucid. And im guessing the technique you tried was either rubbing your hands or spinning right? cuz i find those always seem to help maintane and stabalize the dream. although not always. i prefer the rubbing of hands because when you spin its very possible you may find yourslelf in a different scene or even lose licidity Some more practice and youll have another LD in which yooull be able to do whatever you want :smile: :smile:

This morning I woke up from a vivid dream, and when I woke up I did it without opening my eyes or moving. I thought to my self to try a WILD. I started to feel my arms and legs moving, but when I mentally checked them they hadn’t moved. Eventually I saw my self falling, and I fell into a cave with glowing blue crystals. As soon as I landed I said to myself “I am dreaming”. But then I snapped right awake.

Again I didn’t open my eyes or move, but I was laying on my arm awkwardly and it eventually started to become painful so I just woke up for the day.

I read through more of the forum and I think this might be related to “Chaining”? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

So was this just a new stepping stone into lucid dreaming? or was this a lucid dream? :confused:

I believe this was a lucid dream if you were aware that you were dreaming while inside of the cave, even if for a second.

Now, for my dream…

Pulled from my DJ:

Alright, I have lucid dreamed quite a few times before last night, but nothing has amounted to the success i had last night nor ever been as strange.

I slept for 5 hours then woke up and stayed awake for an hour while reading about lucid dreaming. I then went to bed and played some brainwave music for ten minutes and did a mantra then fell asleep. I was in my bed and remember doing the RC nose close thing and i also looked at my clock and realized that it was rapidly changing. I then started to do the lucid pill to spawn things into my dream and that worked for a while but it suddenly occurred to me how much success i had and i woke up. only to find that i was in another dream and not in reality. I then proceeded to attempt to fly and had success, I then proceeded to go along with the dream and shared my success with everyone around me.

the problem with this is that i was not as lucid as i usually am. I feel that i was having a dream about lucid dreaming and not lucid dreaming.

Okay, I do not remember how I got in a van, or why, but I don’t think you are supposed to. You don’t remember the beginning of dreams right?

Anyway,in my dream, I looked at my palms, (I put dots in my palms to start lucid dreaming) and asked am I dreaming? But the weird thing was, I didn’t have to figure it out. Everybody else in the van with me all of a sudden said “Yes!”.

Is that normal? Aren’t I supposed to figure it out?

Anyway, I am wondering if I really did lucid dream, because after they said “yes” I said “sweet!”. I wasn’t bothered by it.

So do you think I did?

It’s hard for us to say, because you’re the one that had the dream. My question to you is, did you remember being conscious? Did you have a moment of realization? And what did you do after you said, ‘sweet’? If you continued on the dream, then it was most likely a FLD.
Don’t worry, you’re getting closer to lucidity! :tongue:

Even the simple act of asking if you are dreaming shows that you were more aware of your circumstance than a ND. That combined with your dream character’s admittance of it being a dream shows that you (maybe only subconsciously) knew that you were dreaming. But whether or not you ‘realized’ this is something only you can know for sure.

You realised you were dreaming AND interacted with it, so yes. Congratulations.

I recently had my first experience with lucid dreaming, but now i question whether it was real or not. It started with me making the realization that I saw two instances of my cat simultaneously, and that that was absolutely impossible if it wasn’t a dream. My first reason for doubting the validity of the lucid dream is that it wasn’t a smooth transition or just something clicking and registering that it was in fact a dream, when I made the realization I felt a strong feeling inundate me, it was sort of a pressure or shocking I can’t even describe, as well as a feeling that i would describe as wavering in and out of the dream, the pressure did subside eventually but I had never heard or read anything describing it and that caused me to question if i was actually lucid or not when I looked back on it. The second thing I found off was that I seemingly had no actual power over the dream, while I felt I was controlling myself and acting on my own will I had no influence whatsoever on the dream itself. I’ve read of all these amazing things people have done in their lucid dreams yet I couldn’t do more then I could do, I couldn’t create anything, I couldn’t change the environment (I tried all the methods I could recall, from spinning, to closing my eyes and envisioning the place, to envisioning the place behind a door that already exists in the environment. This truly saddened me as one of the biggest things I had been looking forward to doing in my lucid dreams was going to Equestria.), I couldn’t even change anything about my self. Was this actually a lucid dream and I merely couldn’t figure out how to control it (if so I would love some advice on doing just that) or was it a simulated (I guess that would be the correct word) lucid dream caused by my want to lucid dream?

On a somewhat related note, if this was indeed a valid lucid dream Then I would like to pose a query about mirrors. I have read that looking into a mirror tends to show a person differing from the person having the dream, sometimes even stating that that is how they see themselves, but is it strange at all to see a figure of the opposite gender (spare for some anatomical similarities I became aware of due to becoming overcome by a perverse curiosity) that I recognized in my mind simply as myself?

Precisely because of this feeling you described I would say that this was definitely a LD! I call it the “realization shock”, it’s an awesome feeling which I just love! So congrats on your first LD! :clap:
As to the lack of dream control, don’t worry about this. You did very well in your first LD (you didn’t wake up immediately which happens often because of the excitement) and your control will come with more experience. There are also some guides and tutorials about dream control in the Knowledge Base. :smile: Just don’t get disappointed or impatient, it might take some time, but you could be able to do whatever you want as well in your next LD!

I can’t say much concerning the mirror thing as the few times I looked in a mirror the mirror image was always normal, but what we think, do and say in our dreams (even in the LD’s) can be quite strange from time to time. :wink: Not to mention that dreams themselves are mostly weird…

i was with my friend H and i did a rc so the view became green. twice :panic: than i was like this is a dream but not fully aware of whats happening to me .than i have found a mini truck and i jumped on it and i almost fell.

jump

the next thing i remeber is hiting a guy in the face than i ran super fast and i said to my self i can hit them all with my fist :confused: to find my self enfront of a realy big hole and near me there was a castle than automatcly i jumped in the hole .
within the hole there where people shoting at me than i wake up.
its a very weird dream but id like to know if it was lucid
forgive me for the bad english

@ghanemhaithem
yeah, seems like a low-lucidity dream to me, at least the beginning.

Two posts merged from a new topic and @ghanemhaithem added to make clear who was being spoken to. The topic was a duplicate of the post made here by ghanemhaithem, so has been merged in this way. :dragon:

@ghanemhaithem
Probably a low-awareness dream. First LD’s are usually like that… Later, they get a lot better.

This is a split topic, the next part is here. :dragon: