the cheapest, easiest to build dream goggles EVER!

This must be the easiest way to make a dream mask/ dream goggles,
whatever they’re called…
Anyway, I made this really simple dream mask in about 40 minutes,
I had the material wich almost only is normal house things you’ve got at home.

I guess the hardest to get was the flashing lights, lol
luckily sweden’s got “Clas Ohlson” (a store)

here’s some pics, enjoy ;D

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/kraid/P8300001.jpg
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/kraid/P8300003.jpg
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/kraid/P8300005.jpg
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/kraid/P8300006.jpg
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/kraid/P8300013.jpg
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/kraid/P8300010.jpg

try to figure out how it works ;

Not to seem all spammy and stuff, but directly related, and I’d love to have more input.

I’ve been working on MeusOpusMagnus’ suggestion regarding GSR and REM detection. I’ve built a functioning device. In addition to the DreamViews link he submitted, I’d like to suggest mine: dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20606

Schematics and discussion on page 10: dreamviews.com/forum/viewtop … &start=135

Welcome any input!

— KP

kimpossible

what’s happened to this project, have you nearly finished this dreamcatcher glove?

I would like to know how you active the lights?

I would feel like I’d rool over and poke my eyes out on the LEDs if I wore those. Maby you should wear safty glasses underneath them. You also might want to cover them in cloth, so the light won’t be bright enough to wake you up. Other that that, they seem good.

haven’t posted here in a while…

regarding the timer project posted earlier, you might want to consider the safery issues of having something (however indirectly) connected from your face to a plug in the wall…

other than that, it’s a good idea, and i would probably ignore the safety warning i just gave :wink: most blinking leds are incredibly bright though, and they will blink on for the entire time the timer is kept on. electronic timers have as little as one minute between on/off switches, but i think even one minute is enough to wake you up… you’d need a few seconds of flashes at a few minutes intervals i think.

i’ll try to drop by more often.

The original idea for the dreamcatcher glove was my own, and both Meus and Kim have been so kind as to help me with the hardware.
However both of them seem to be either distracted or disinterested with it now.
I’ve almost perfected polyphasic sleep, and will have enough time to work on this myself now, however I will still need a lot of help either learning or designing the hardware.
I’m busy putting together my blog at placebo.serv.co.za where I will discuss the project, along with lucid dreaming, polyphasic sleep, the zulu language and exploring the realities of the world around us, and fighting the imbalances I see around me.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just set a timer to a lamp instead of using LED-goggles?
I mean, if they don’t detect REM, what’s the difference from just using a lamp?

Sounds like a cool idea. Good job.

Hey meus for a lucid dreaming induction device, such as your gsr device or novadreamer clone, would you be using a microcontroller like the one in the kvasar mask, is a microcontroller only needed if the device is not going to connect to a computer?

I ask this because originally i thought you were going to only cretae a sleep mask that connects thorugh a parallel port, for that you wouldn’t need a microcontroller right?

No LDs yet… Are you seeing lights during your dreams? If you are not then they aren’t working. You might have to tweak something. I’ve not used light but used similar methods to trigger myself to RC. An old user of this site came up with an idea which he gave to me and I developed properly and got some friends to build since I am not very technically minded. You wear it under your sleeve during the day and every-so-often if gives you a little jab that doesn’t hurt but reminds you to do a reality check. You wear it when you sleep and it worked wonders! The only prblem is it worked wonders until one of my friends broke it during their sleep and we didn’t make it again. Hmm… I think I might get one of them (don’t know where the other one is) to give it another go…

Another thing… The same people who made my device for me also made their own with the lights and used swimming goggles so the LEDs wouldn’t touch their eyes or anything. No idea how well that worked.

instructables.com/id/ELVT068FSYES9J70BB/

All you need are basic electronic skills and a few dollars. Any ameteur electronics enthusiast will have the spare parts lying around, the average layman should know someone that can construct this; as the only challenging part is the schematic.

:smile:

Yea… the cheapest easiest way to make these is to get a cheap cellphone with an outside lcdscreen(on back), take it off and put on one side of goggles with by using a solder to extend wire of course (dont want cellphone attatched to goggles up close now lolz). then by using the main lcd look around for alarm, set it up and BAM the lcd screen should flash for 1 minute baby(hopefully during rem) and after ur ld u can set alarm again in like 10 secs! also if u want a pattern like a diamond just color over lcd screen with marker,paint or something in the space u want not flashing lolz and for the other side of goggles, well ur prob! lolz. you could just get wire, solder it to some led or whadeva and the wire attacthed to the other one to share electricity or something ( i just use right eye side goggle and leave left side with no light to keep it simple). well i perfected alot of inducing tech( trying) and now this :smile: btw if it helps i use the phone that flips/fold and cellphone r like 10 bucks everywhere!

btw this takes like 15 or 20 min. really depends how fast u solder lolz and a 9 yr old could maybe do this lolz (when i first thought of this i wrapped wire with ea. other instead of solder lol. This sure beats the pc connected to a billion wires nonsense! gl

yeah, soddering is easy. I took a little class thing over one sumemr when i was like 9 that taught us how to wire things properly :wink: it was fun

Could you make one out of a strobe light somehow?

I’ve found this page about a LD mask to do yourself. Some principles sounds like interesting.
cre.ations.net/creation/face-mou … aming-mask
Dont’ know if it works of if it has been discussed before here.

i think i’ll just buy novadreamer thx!

wow, ur lucky to have experienced. I helped my dad sodder something when I was in 2nd grade- terrifying experience. I was 7 years old! how was i supposed to know how to sodder? he got mad at ME for not knowing how to sodder well! and because i had no idea what to do, i got the tar or whatever all OVER my hand! i had to have a cast and couldn’t do anything with that hand for weeks!

i have hated soddering ever since!