The FILD tech (was HILD) part III

i like this way becaused you dont have to stay awake for an hour. every time i try this, when i go back to sleep, i doze off before i can even think of concentrating. ive left myself notes that tell me to concentrate, but them when i start to tap my fingers, i cant sleep.
doese anyone think that i could play a song quietly in the background and concentrate on that insead. and that as i gall asleep, i will still be thinking of the song and know that im dreaming? im going to try tonight and if anyone has tried this, then please tell me the results.
thanks!

I use Mild first, but 90% of the time I’ll wake up sometime between 3 and 5 anyway. That’s when I reinforce myself with Wild, and I’m in. I’ll have to try this FILD.

I tried this. Got a great, vivid LD. Very useful technique.

This almost worked for me last night. The strange thing is that when I woke up in the middle of the night, I quickly fell asleep and didn’t get a chance to focus on what I was going to do, so instead, I did this technique in my dream without knowing anything ^^

I’ve been trying this technique the past few nights, but something odd happens whenever I wake up in the middle of the night. I go to bed at around 11 and wake up at 330, but my alarm is set for 4 or 5. But whenever I wake up on my own like that, I feel really restless, like I’ve been trying to go to sleep for a really long time. Thus, I’m not tired enough to do the technique and I just end up falling asleep.

someone’s here is a very light sleeper and succeed ?

I slept two hours yesterday, I’m so tired … I’m going to try this technique before going to bed and if the RC fails, I’ll set up my alarm for 3:00AM and go from there

I’ll give feedback and hopefully get my first LD !

My stupid digital watch didn’t woke me up !!! so I didn’t try this I’ll try in next week , I’m doing a break form LDs and focus on dream recalling.

What a night :happy: : 4 Dreams, and these were very special draems each. Let me tell you my night :smile:

So I go to bet at 10:30PM, I’m very tired because I only slept two hours the day before so I go to bed, extremely tired and I relax. When I feel I’m going to sleep, I start moving my fingers. After ~15sec I feel like my conciousness is drifting from my body and I feel very goood. At this point, I get excited and for some reason (adrenaline release or so) I get excited and awake :sad:. I RC and can’t breath trought my nose, so no worries. I relax for another 20 mins and do the same thing again, didn’t work either. At this point I decided to set my alarm at 3:45AM (big mistake) and that I’d try this during the night.

So I go back to sleep with no intention of lucid dreaming in the first part of the night. Now I’m having my first dream, not lucid bud the dream was very vivid. I remember talking with my best friend, we just saw something ultra-scary but we were like “No that’s unrealistic, doesn’t scare me” :happy: That wasn’t a nightmare, juste a ND. Then my alarm goes on.

I wake up, try the technique with the fingers but it didn’t work. So I decided I’d try WBTB, so I go to the bathromm, go to the kitchen and take a glass of water. At this point, I’m really really tired and I decided I’d go to bed asap and try the technique. I move my fingers and 30 secs later, I have a weird feeling and I don’t remember exactly what happened but I woke up in a dream, and was lucid (no need to RC, I saw my body without being in it :neutral:). The bad thing is that I couldn’t materialize in my body :confused: So I spent 1 or 2 mins looking at me, with no possibility to materialize and interact with others etc. So that was my first lucid dream, yay :happy:

Then I have a blackout, everything is black and I wake up in another dream where I was not lucid but concious, I just acted as I was in real lief and I didn’t think one second I was in a dream ! It seemed so natural I didn’t even think about it.

After this, I wake up (morning), semi-disapointed because I didn’t have the lucid dream I wanted. After 2-3 hours, I was still very tired so I went back to sleep for 2-3 hours. Here, no technique I just went to sleep and well, I woke up in my dream, it was just like reallity but one thing was different : I can’t find the words, but there was no society rules / presure. I did everything I wanted and nobody judged me / punished me, awesoommeee :happy:

In this last dream, I’d say I was very concious (because I DID what I wanted to do) but I was lucid only the last few secs, when I had a part of my body that was detatched of me without any pain, there I really understood that it was a dream lol

So anyway, amazing experience for the first attempt, I enjoyed it and I’ll try this again and again :smile: Also I’m going to introduce myself and open my journal like everybody :smile:

Cheers

Well here’s the story of my first try.

I fell asleep around 11 and had my alarm set for 2 and I used my ipod touch alarm which has a beep about twice a second or so and when it woke me up my neck muscle was like tensing up at every beep. Not just a twitch but enough to move my head.

After that weirdness and turning my alarm off I noticed i could hear/feel my heart beating in my chest and when i layed on my stomach I could feel my heart beating against the bed. I started moving my fingers and then the feeling/sound of my heart faded and I knew I was going into a dream.

At this point I lost lucidity, but I guess I still followed through with my RC in an indirect way. I just appeared in a restaurant and I saw a guy eating soup. I went up to him and was like “Hey I need to check if I’m in a dream so can you see if you have telekinesis?” He levitated his soup and I was like well I guess I’m in a dream.

I think I became slightly lucid at this point, but then I did something weird with my breathing that caused me to wake up. I think what happened was that I went to sleep with my mouth closed and when I was in the dream I remember starting to feel like I was between real life and the dream and when I tried breathing through my mouth in the dream I ended up doing it in real life too, but my mouth was closed so I couldn’t breathe and that made me wake up.

I guess it didn’t work out too well, but it was still a success for me because after about 4 months that was the closest I’ve gotten to a LD.

I’m looking forward to trying it again tonight :content:

i tried FILD again last night. i think i went to sleep/woke up :yawn: at the perfect time :clock: because i was so horribly grumpy. :wallhit: i completely forgot what i was supposed to do :uh:, and the only thought going through my head was, “who the hell set my alarm for four-thirty in the morning?!” :crazy: answer: me. :tongue:

plus, i was having painful stomach cramps…ugh. :toilet:

but i feel better now :om:, so i’ll try again tonight. :dream: this is my favorite technique. :good:

Last night FILD got me my first LD. Not only that, but I got it with only the second legitimate try with this technique.

i’m going to do this again tonight.

it will definitely work. :good:

Looks like a very good tech!
But i think i will have a problem with waking up before i usualy do.
Did someone ever did it right away? or maybe someone have any tips for me?

whenever i start to move my fingers, it gets hard to move them and i get really tired and give up. how do i make it so that i wont just doze off??? i dont remeber thinking of what i should do, it was more like, i was just watching tv and not controlling what i was doing. argggggg :grrr: how do i fix this!?!?!?

I think one thing you could try is, when you start feeling tired and your fingers start to slowly move less, allow that but keep imagining you’re moving them. I did this once, at one point my fingers stopped moving completely but I kept focusing on the imaginary movement. That way your fingers are alowed to stop moving but you keep your mind awake.

I’ve had a couple of lucid dreams using WBTB or MILD, but this technique sounds surprisingly easy. I’ll give it a try tonight and report on it tomorrow. I really hope this works well for me.
Update-
I woke up around 3 last night as I usually do. I remembered the FILD technique, so I gave it a shot. I moved my index and middle finger one at a time softly, and focused my mind on nothing but my fingers moving. After about 20-30 seconds, I felt a warp-like feeling through my body. I did the finger movements. for another ten seconds just in case. After I completed this, I did a nose breathing reality check. Success. I was in a lucid dream. This induction method works for me, and I’ll try it again tonight. It’s very easy, and works quickly. :grin:

I’ve tried this before… it doesn’t really work… except for once… but all it induced was a dream of me doing the technique…

If this works it’ll be great.
Anyone ever done this without waking up in middle of the night?

Anyhow I’ll try this tonight :razz:

Hi, and welcome :wave:

FILD should be done when you are very sleepy and close to a dream. In the middle of the night is a much better time to try it. You don’t have to put an alarm, you can just try to tell yourself to wake up after a dream naturally. :wink: