The Lucid Dreaming HandBook [DOWNLOAD 2.0]

Just checked there…thats to send it to somebody’s email…no other way…no good unless I want to upload the program 5000 times. :neutral:

everybody doin all right with it so far? (me needs to know if there is a problem)

Looks pretty good :grin:. Couple of problems: 1)On the Hand tech parts of some of the steps are cut off. 2)The WILD tech goes below the bottom of my screen, so I can’t see the whole thing or use the back button. 3) This one’s not that big of a deal, but it would probably be best if the main menu didn’t open up a second window for tutorials.
I think it would be nice to really expand this, it could be like a dream encyclopedia. It could have extensive advice on methods, dreaming in general, dreamsigns, Dream Journal, shortcuts list, excerpts from books, audio files(i.e. brainwave), dream-art, lucid crossroads video, pics of the SeaHome( :wink: ), THE ENTIRE LD4ALL FORUM!!! :clown: …ok…calm down, so I got a little carried away :tongue:, but you get the idea :content:.

That’s not true. The Email address simply specifies an address to send a notification to. You should upload the file, specify your own email address, then open the email, copy the URL, and post it here on ld4all (in the future). Try it. Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks Dream_Reacher…I didn’t notice the writings got cut off…WOOPS. I’ve fixed everything else, including a new way of opening up the tutorials page :smile:

I’m also already beginning work on version 2.0 (which will have those fixes I just said). It will have a new look and has a massive expansion…I’m talking Shared Dreaming, more tutorials, links, audio, AND MORE! Release is TBA.

I’ve uploaded the LDH to my public access website
astareglobe.no-ip.com/public/downloads/ldh.zip

it’s very big so it may take a while :smile:

I get “runtime error 380 invalid properly value” when I try running the file :bored: but music starts playing… And all I can do is press ok and then it stops running.

This means that you did not copy all of the files in the Fonts directory to your Windows\Fonts directory. (It “Windows” is your Windows directory.) Copy all of the files and the program will work. :smile:

JaRoD…read the README.txt :smile:

thanks astaregod for hosting LDH :smile: I’ll put the link in the first post.

no problemo :smile: actually I’m going to post some info about spirituality and dreaming in my knowledge section so I may link to the program off of my own site :happy: I’ll probably add all this new stuff in the next week…

very nicely done, it’s quite good. the only problem I have with it, is that in the “about lucid dreaming” part, the font is a little small :tongue: that’s the only thing I can see so far

Under Windows XP, I’m getting “Runtime Error 380 - Invalid Propertytype”

I have it installed in c:-LDH-\ with folder names preserved. I have the fonts installed correctly.

sounds kewl :happy:

I’m DLing it right now. :content:

EDIT: Just finished setting up the fonts and stuff, and I tried it out. It’s really nice! I even liked the intro thing :content:

Awesome Job, Ben!

I love the godsmack song at the beginning, serenity, i think it was. Awesome job. Maybe I can get you to help me with my visual basic projects I have at school, sometime. :content:

Ben - since Seraphim brought this up: do you have the proper copyright permission to distribute this Godsmack song?

I copied all the fonts… But I already had one of them installed, so that one wasn’t copied. Maybe that’s the problem :tongue:

All I can say is you are doing somethign wrong with the fonts…or maybe you messed with the media folder…The exe HAS to be outside of the media folder, and the media folder must be in the same folder as the exe, if that makes sense.

I know about the small fonts and everything, that’s all being taken care of. The version 2.0 is coming close to being done and will be available this weekend sometime at the earliest.

No copyright permission, but in 2.0 I am giving them all the credit they need by stating the songs used and what album they are located on. Honestly, I don’t think they will find some small lucid dreaming program and worry about 20 seconds of their song being on my short movie clip…lol…plus im not selling this for money or anything…but like I said, credit will be given.

Anyways…thanks for the positive feedback :smile: I promise version 2.0 will be so much better though!

Wait. For you guys that are still experiencing problems with your fonts: is your windows directory “C:\windows”? If not, that might cause a problem.

I would think that, because it is a non-profit program, then, it’s ok.

Technically, it isn’t, but I highly doubt that they would ever find out/care. Famous quote: “I’ve got bigger fish to fry.” They are going to be chasing after people who copy all of their songs and distribute them.