The rival we never knew we had

That’s just the thing though, I’ve done THAT years ago :blush:

Well what did you do in that dream where you met yourself then?

I’ve personally never had a Lucid Dream in which I don’t have total control. If anyone walked up and opposed me, I could either ‘bink’ them into oblivion or crush them like an ant. Then again, I don’t suffer from a readily diagnosible Multiple Personality Disorder either.

I’m extremely fascinated with dream characters, and always have been. The way they sometimes appear as realistic as any other person, and can sustain a conversation with arguments you couldn’t even think up yourself. However, I have never had one beat me at my own game, while I was lucid.

Without offending you, I suspect that you may not have been lucid at all. Or at least not for the entire duration of the dream. Perhaps you lost it just as the fight commenced and that’s why you couldn’t win? Or perhaps you were lucid but simply didn’t TRY to win?

Interesting anology Atheist, but it incorrect. I appreciate the feedback though. As for Kmcdonald, I walked up to a mirror and I challened my alter self. We battle pyhsically, then mentally over a game of chess. In the end I won. So, are there any other responses to my problem? And thanks for those who have been helping me all the way through this.

Zaerus:

Incorrect? What exactly do you mean?

All I did was state my personal experiences, and provide a few theories as to why someone would find themself unable to win a fight with a dream character.

Are you telling me there have been times when you didn’t have complete control over a dream? I’m not a self-confessed ‘master’, but I do always have total control of my own Lucid Dreams.

It would be useful for you to back up statements like that with reason.

Hmm… I doubt that you really met yourself. However, I didn’t have the experience: you did. When you challenged “yourself”, did you even ask if you wanted to battle? And why did you battle anyway?

I don’t think it is healthy to attempt to completely eradicate our ego, but that supressing it may be a worthwhile efforrt. Perhaps you need to talk with yourself again, have a conversation instead of just going right to a battle.