The Self Hypnosis Topic!

[edited]

mmhmm, I was going to try evocation, which from what ive been reading, is to summon a demon. While invocation is to “summon” a demon from within yourself… o.o.

And im sure a banishing ritual can get rid of most lesser demons.

anyways, thanks Genkai for making a magick topic, Im REALLY interested in magick now :razz:

Evocation has nothing to do with summoning demons (nor does invocation for that matter.) Evocation is simply the act of calling up or drawing forth certain energies, feelings, or states of consciousness that are already within oneself. It’s like taking that little seed of courage that you normally keep buried and letting it grow until you’ve put yourself in warrior mode.

Invocation, on the other hand, is to actually call forth a deity, and let that energy fill you and merge with you. Just be careful who/what you call because you may not want to learn all of their lessons. All deities have a dark side. Bacchus is the god of wine, but also the god of nightmares. The Christian god is a creator, but he’s also a jealous, wrathful destroyer. When you invoke a deity, the whole deity shows up, not just the part that sounds fun to you.

What’s ironic is that most christians actually do practice magick, they just don’t realize it. When you are aware of the mechanics behind magic, you see people doing it unconsciously all the time. Christians get together in groups and pray for a specific purpose. That’s not much different than a group of mages holding a common vision in their mind and sending their energies towards making it happen.

The Bible is actually full of magickal/mystical wisdom. You just have to dig through a bunch of stories and sometimes dogma to find it.

Well, I must say, this is quite interesting. Although such things as magic interest me greatly, they don’t work for me. It is almost definitely caused by my lack of belief in the subjects because they are so… well… hard to believe. How could I rid myself of this lingering thought of non-belief? It is very frustrating to read about peoples’ success in this subject while I have had virtually no success in magick or anything of the like.

It’s really just subliminal messaging with funky execution, nothing to be worried about.

If this is the case, then how does one know it is not merely coincidence? How can we be sure we are not just tricking ourselves?

Looks around and sees that his backup is gone
Thoughts become beliefs, beliefs become patterns, patterns become a way of life.

I try to believe, but I am very skeptical by nature. Also, how would I send subliminal messages to myself and how do you meditate?

If all you need to do is believe magic for it to work, would this also apply to things such as telekinesis?

Nope. PK is BS.

There is a fantastic freeware subliminal messaging software named the Subliminal Blaster. (I use it for subliminally telling myself to LD.) As for meditation, pick up Meditation for Dummies by Stephen Bodian or simply Google it.

A problem I have with pk being real is the fact that noone has posted any videos on the internet that could be considred ‘real’. Everyone insists on posting videos where they move psi-wheels and such. This guy proves that these tests mean nothing in his articles. I’d really like to know what you think about his claims.

thekeyboard.org.uk/Telekines … antasy.htm

Also I am having trouble grasping “being skeptical about skepticism”.

Sorry about steering the topic in a tad bit different direction! Telekinesis and magick are basically related, as no one has ever scientifically proven either.

Oh, and sorry if I might come as a jerk! =x (not trying to be one!)

Micro-PK is not easily observed and proven. I’ve had a bunch of deviations from the expected data that are probably just statistical anomaly.

What Steve Pavlina said about skepticism is,

You aren’t coming across as a jerk or anything, you’re making very good questions as a matter of fact.

Thank you! You have given me some hope that such things are real again. Because today is the first day of summer vacation where I live, I’ll have plenty of time to practice micro pk. I’ll try and do some major pk testing over this next week or so, and if I get some positive results, I’ll be sure to post them.

One thing I do not understand is why noone has attempted “Randi’s million dollar challenge”. Someone proving they had access to paranormal abilities would be a scientific breakthrough. Also, as a bonus, they would acquire a million dollars. I mean, who wouldn’t like a million bucks every now and then? …lol :wink:

James Randi is a great man and a fine magician.

Either Psions/Magicians don’t care about winning a million dollars or it their “abilities” aren’t real. I believe the latter.

lol He probably just doesn’t have the million dollars.

Oh, snap.

Really though, it’s in bonds.

lol :content:

That’s actually a really good quote.

To each his own, I suppose. Not in the arguing mood anyway. Maybe I need more ambient lighting.

haha. ‘Crazy’ or ‘on to something’?

Back in the good old days ,when they thought the world was flat, they called everyone who said “the world is round” crazy.

If magick is like the Earth being round then do I get to be Christopher Columbus?

Really though, it’s just subliminal messaging.