The SHADOW person

Usually fighting in dreams tends to attract negitive entities.
It is most likely a being which delights in the pain of others.

I’ve really noticed that you can make out quite a few of the shadow figure’s features if you really examine them. Even so they seem to be a bit ‘blurry’ or ‘blacked-out’.

As for fighting shadows IMO I think it’s really trying to break-down that unknown quality. So you can lose the benefits if it were indeed positive; but I would think you would be able to tell. Then again we fear the unknown…

dreamwalker, I’ve had a dream with a shadowy figure. He only had eyes.

This ShadowFigure you speak of. I think it’s a virus. And you telling us all about it, is putting it in our heads, no we all will face this shadow figure!! ah!

Really though that sounds a little creepy. Usually I wouldn’t run away from figures in LDs, but for something to paralize me and scare me crapless…I think I would’ve just flown away. lol.

I’ve noticed that dreams you read can easily influence yours too. It happens very often. For instance, a few days ago, after I’ve read a Siiw’s dream in which she was singing and doing the mess in a celebration, I dreamt the same night about singing false and doing the mess in a choir.

Hmm… On facing your enemies, It doesn’t always work…

The only thing that ever changes when I try, which recently graduated to every time, is that his/her/its hit actually become seriously painful, as opposed to traditional “acknowledgement that I’ve been hit.”

The is problematic, because these fights usually involve sharp things.

Just this night I had one…l looked liek a crazy on dead woman… She stabbed me with sharp things, I stabbed her with sharp things… Difference was she didn’t seem to mind so much, while for me it felt actually physically painful… I hold on for a bit, and this being my most constant dreamsign I begin to realize I’m dreaming… but when I actually really “get” that it’s a dream, I just pop awake… it sucks.

Have never been able to actually kill anyhting in a dream, yet… And not for lack of trying, I assure you.

“Shadow People” are completely harmless. Basically how a shadow person is created in a dream is the mind doesn’t texture a DC, because it doesn’t think you will encounter it and sometimes a massive coincidence happens because it creates a DC right where you are about to look and doesn’t have time to texture it. From there, the un-textured DC acts the way you expect, just like any other DC. Usually people are frightened by seeing an untextured dream character and see them as a ‘shadow person’ and their fears program the untextured DC to act hostile towards them.

Dreamwalker, your own mind and expectations of your encounter with a shadow person gave it the ability to paralyze you. Basically, you subconsciously bestowed the power of paralyzation upon the untextured DC that you expected to be a harmful Shadow Person.

Now that you all know the above information, you have nothing left to fear. If you see a scary looking person in your dreams (lucid or not) it’s just an error that you can blame your brain for. Sometimes you will see faceless characters as well (believe it or not they can even be faceless animals), it’s just because they haven’t been finished being created by your mind in time for you to see them. The only reason why these DCs act hostile towards the dreamer is because the dreamer expects them to.

Remember, whilst dreaming EVERYTHING that happens is all in your head. You are the only God in your lucid dreams and you are to be feared by all.

I kinda agree.

I mean if I stare into a DC long enough it disappears anyway…

That seems like a reasonable explanation of the shadow people Darxide. So what if someone sees black people or those of color (I don’t want to offend anyone).

Because shadows exist in real life. Wouldn’t your mind recognize that and still create a DC with just shadow? Thus becoming a Shadow Person in your dream.

Wow, sounds like a bug description. The next best thing is a wireframe person. Never happened to me though, because I barely see people in my dreams.

I am not quite sure what you mean by that, Iluminada. Do you mean people of another race, like asians and negros? I see them all the time in my dreams! In fact my first lucid dream, years ago, dealed with an asian hair cutter. If that’s what you’re asking it is no error to see someone of another race.

I also suspect you could be questioning the nature of blue, green and red people appearing in dreams. If this is your question, I have never experienced such an event and have not had time to research it. My theory for colored people (if such people appear) in dreams is that there is either a glitch in the part of your brain that deals with the texturing of characters in your dreams or that the subconscious creates them the same way it creates gnomes and unicorns in your dreams (i.e. with the psychological power of imagination) which brings us to the next question you had…

I suppose this could be how SOME “Shadow People” are spawned in dreamscapes, but due to the results of lucid experiments I have held, my first proposal of the nature of “Shadow People” seems to be the most likely.

Now I have never had the priviledge to witnesss these multicolored (blue, green, yellow, red, etc.) people in my own dreams so there is a chance that the only possible way to spawn them in dreams is through pure, lucid, mental willing. I don’t think my subconscious is creative enough to create them, atleast. :wink:

Have any of you had the chance of coming across multicolored people in your dreams?

Not black as is in the same color scheme as red, blue, etc… Black as in african-american. Or race if you want to put it that way. I personally believe we all belong in one race, the human race.

What I meant is that everything is there for a reason. Why would the brain make it into a shadow. If you were in a pumpking patch and the brain doesn’t have time to texture the pumpkins, they’ll all be in shadow form?

This is interesting…did you post your findings on this forum? If so, I’d like to read it.

Almost no one is afraid of pumpkins (I think? lol…) Yet many people are afraid of faceless unknown persons appearing to them (very threatening, isnt it?). I think fear might be part of the explanation why some people see to see these so called shadow ppl. Personally I never saw one, but then again I’m not afraid either to encounter one.

Pumpkins, chairs, tables, beds and all of the like are classified as static objects which means they need no unconscious programming and their innate job is to just sit there, like you expect them to. It is logic to me that static objects (such as pumpkins) are easier to texture and keep track of than active objects (people and animals), because they do not need any unconscious programming like active objects do.

As static objects are not programmed, they only need one frame to be textured, making them extremely easy objects for the mind to deal with. Due to the fact they are so easy to texture, they are classified as first priority when it comes to texturization. The mind seems to save the biggest jobs, like texturing active objects, for last.

Active objects have an infinite number of these frames to texture. They need billions of frames for each animation including walking, running, sitting, lying down and any other animation your mind can comprehend. Because it takes so much work to texture these active objects, they are usually saved for last.

Leading back onto topic, if one of these active objects doesn’t have time to be textured before you see it, it becomes a “Shadow Figure” to the dreamer and then fills out the role it’s assigned to play by the dreamer’s subconscious expectations.

If you are familiar with the process of animation, the above should explain to you why it’s not likely to encounter shadow pumpkins and shadow chairs. :wink:

I understand the process of animation. And I can understand why someone would think that a shadow person was something that the mind doesn’t have time to texturize based on what you’ve posted.

But, and maybe I’m over simplifying this, I don’t see why a shadow person would be anything other than that. Have you noted where someone maybe has seen a shadow animal? Or some other active object?

In one of his books, Don DeGracia has recounted an encounter with a shadow monkey and I, quite frankly, had a horrifying encounter with a shadow cat in my bedroom years ago. I didn’t know it was a dream, because at the time I had not been informed of lucid dreaming.

I also can recall a friend of mine sharing his nightmares with me about shadow rats even.

Any active object, including cars (believe it or not :smile:), have the possibility of becoming shadow forms.

Shadow Girls…

… Sounds like a party! :happy:

Daxide, I understand what you mean but, do you not underestimate the computing power of our brains? You say that it is not able to render the texture of the shadow person, thus making is shadowy, so to speak. But what of all the dreams and LD’s that we all had in which hundreds of people and animals etc and superb details were rendered as smooth as though we were awake? There’s times I just marvel at all the detail, and not only static but highly dynamic! Just wondering …

So basically, the shadow can actually be anything rather then just a human form. But like Xetrov, I still don’t see why they are there if it’s only b/c the human brain doesn’t have the time to manifest it into it’s true form.

Dreams signs for example, although they may not be in shadow form, are still signs to us. Regardless of what they look like.

I just think our brains are much to great for an explanation like not having time to process the texture of an object.