The Subconcious

Hello!

After reading about various lucid dream-related techniques, I noticed that several of these techniques have to do with influencing your subconcious. I have a few questions concerning this concept.

If I understand it well, you can influence your subconcious by repeated statements. In turn, your subconcious is able to do things that your normal conciousness can’t, like waking up at a specific time, remembering dreams and inducing lucidity.
What is the best way to train your ability to influence the subconcious? I’ve tried repeated statements, but I didn’t put much effort into it - I find it hard to keep my focus at repeating statements in my thoughts.

I want to learn this so I can use it to practice MILD and improving dream recall. I also want to use it for purposes outside of LD’ing, mainly to explore the potential of the subconcious.

Greetings, Terra-jin.

First off - if you haven’t yet - check one of the best threads ever: [Forming a Relationship with your Subconscious) I think it can answer you a few questions. I can’t help you with the focusing thing, my mind is totally messed up, if I try to concentrate on something, it only makes me less concentrate on it (that sounds simple, but it is not). I would aprecciate some help also.

I don’t thing a special training exists. The main thing is being convinced it will work. The second thing is being the closest to sleep. The third thing is carefully chosing your sentence or visualization.

Visualization is said to work a little better than sentences. Now it’s sometimes a bit hard to transform the meaning of the sentence into an image or little scenario.

You don’t need to repeat it over and over. If you fit the 3 conditions above, you just have to repeat it 10 times, or 20 times. 20 times is said to be the best. You don’t have to focus a lot. Just try to be convinced when you practice autosuggestion.