Time is slowed in the dream world. Can it be multiplied?

Well now i wonder, if by any chance when you are in a LD, you could select your own subjective time, by asking your SC.

THAT would be awesome!!! I think there are previous post which deal with conscious control of subjective time pace.

Well ,Writers is an elite LDer, i don’t think i could do it ,myself…

Well its impossible to really sleep in a dream lol xD

Time can be slowed even without dreaming inside a dream :tongue: I had a dream once that went on for days and it was in first layer :wink: plus the only time I was in 2nd layer it went as fast as in the first :tongue:

My friend claims to have been in a dream for around 2-3 months but actually in real life he was only there for about 15 minutes.

I’m still a little skeptic about the slowing down of time in dreams, because I haven’t experienced it myself.

For instance, a couple of weeks ago I had a FA in an unfamiliar apartment with two girls (I have had worse dreams than that :tongue:). I didn’t remember how I got there nor did I remember the threesome, which the 2 girls claimed we had :grrr: . They said I had had too much to drink. After that I thought I remembered all sorts of details from a long night partying on the beach that lead to ending up in the apartment, so it all felt logical. The dream continued for some time with 2 more dream scenes. If it all would have happened in real life it would have taken at least 10 hours to experience all that and go from one place to another.

When I woke up it felt like I had been dreaming for hours, but when I add up all the scenes of the dream that I actually remembered, it’s maybe no more than 20 minutes and I even wonder if I really had a dream about partying all night or that it was just a false memory to explain how I ended up in that apartment.

Are you guys sure that there aren’t huge gaps or false memories in these dreams?

I have had a dream within a dream before, it wasnt a false awakening either but isnt a false awakening a dream within a dream anyway? :smile: im new to this though

Maybe part of the time gap between dreams and reality comes from those fake memories. If in objective time i dream for an hour, and in subjective time it lasts 4 days. For example each quarter of an hour i had dreamt of a different day and the missing time gap is filled with fake memories. So it seems to be 4 days but I actually dreamt 15minutes of each day on a 4 days long dream. With this theory there is a direct connection between objective and subjective time. I let this as an open theory because i can’t rely on personnal experience on that. If you already had some very long (subjectively) dreams maybe can you argue the pros/cons of this?

When you’re in a dream, call for Writerscube and ask him for a copy of his dream clock. There ya go, problem solved :good:

Haddock–I demand tea and sandwiches as payment for anyone that wants a copy of my DreamClock!! And yes it covers shipping and handling as well…

Whatever you say :bow:

WritersCube, how did you ever get so good at LDing?!?!

Order a clock

I want the collector edition.

lol me too :tongue:

He’s been LDing ever since he was little. Don’t think he ever has a normal dream at all :neutral:

I want the teddy edition!! Includes the Pink Stuffed Teddy Bear of Doom and a free ticket to the Monolith Gardens! :happy:

oh :sad:

I time slowed down in an NLD tonight. I took some kind of drug and everything around me went really slow. My friend was talking and i interrupted him saying “You’re talking to slow!” then I left :razz:

A rough approximate is that is was about 5 times slower.

When you guys say you’ve been in the LD for 2 months, is it yourself prolonging the dream, or do you get lost in it? Can you leave whenever you feel you want to or could you just not leave the dream state for “2 months”

Actually, it’s true that dream that seems to last forever is only a bunch of false memories.
But seriously, every thing you see, feel, touch is memories.