Trouble Materializing in LD

I recently had my first, or possibly second, LD. I tried to materialize a pot of bacon (though it would be easy because of the strong smell,) but had no luck. You can read the whole DJ entry here.

I understand you’re supposed to concentrate on that object appearing in front of you, but I thought I’d ask you guys for future reference. Anything helps.

Happy dreaming! :wink:

It’s not about how hard you try it’s about how confident you feel about it. Do it with ease. Don’t even use words, they are something we use in WL, not needed in dream. Think, visualize, create with mind not words.

Alright, thanks! :wink:

I had my first LD where i was able to materialize an object. In my dream i was trying to prove to my freinds we were in a dream. They told me to make a ball. At first i couldnt do it and one of them told me to close my eyes and look in the direction of the sun and it would help. I think it was just the extra confidence boost that helped me out. So maybe try asking a DC how to do it.

Alright, I’ll try that. Thanks! :content:

Summoning things in a LD can be pretty challenging.
You should try imagining the object behind your back and grab it or outside of your view.
You can also expect it to be behind a door and open it.

There are several ways to help yourself !
Carry on.

Alright, thanks! :happy:

A method that I use, is to just pretend that the object is there, and try to interact with it… Such as if i’m trying to materialize a sword, i will grab an invisible handle, and swing it appropriately. I don’t think about it, or try to materialize it. I just convince myself naturally that it really is there… I use this method to materialize all kinds of things, from objects, to DC’s and even dragons or other mythical creatures. Don’t believe that it’s not there.

So, in theory, once you begin using the invisible object, it will materialize itself?

It’s difficult to describe, but just recognize that not every method works the same way for everyone. As my signature depicts, there are a lot of different methods that may work for some, and not others. Even some methods that are very unique to a person. Materializing something is very difficult.

The problem with my method is that I often times get a “phantom” or revenant of the object im trying to materialize, that looks rather ethereal. Usually a kind of red in color. This usually seems to happen when the dream world disagrees with what I’m trying to do, and I force the entity to exist.

Though this may actually have something to do with my condition, i suspect. There are actually two seperate dream worlds that occasionally collide. I have a subconscious dreamworld, and a conscious dreamworld, and sometimes I get strange ‘errors’ or glitches in my dreams when they interact. So I can’t say with confidence that this method would work for you.

Though ultimately, I simply believe it to exist, and don’t think or consider for a second that it doesn’t.

I have had this issue so many times in the past, and my lucids were really short so i can suppose you can imagine how annoying this issue was for me. Even if i was able to summon an object, it wouldn’t work. I once was able to summon a helium tank (don’t recall how i did), i tried to use it, but the tank didn’t work and the lucid dream ended :sad:.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/summoning-objects-best-ways-to-do-this/39098

I recently made a thread about this, in order to get some more ideas on summoning objects and making sure they work.

This is exactly what I do. I just hold it as if it’s invisible, and I concentrate on the feeling of touch I get. After a couple of seconds it phases in in a pink glow.

But here’s the thing, even if it doesn’t phase in just carry on as if it’s there. If you’re trying to summon a pill in your hand, and it doesn’t appear, throw it in your mouth and swallow anyways. You’ll feel it pop into your mouth.

I use this for still objects, like my glasses, pills, or weapons.

Interesting! So this happens to not only myself. But for you, does this minus-green glow happen for only a second, as it solidifies? or does it glow for a period of time? And is it slighly transparent?

I’ve found that using some kind of action usually helps. For example, I sometimes point to a place where I want something to appear and think about expecting the thing to pop into existence. It’s also important to be confident in your abilities. Whenever I doubt if something will appear, it doesn’t appear.

Yeah, its like a pink transparent version of the object. It stays in this state for like half a second when the object is ‘phasing in’. It has a low glow and glitters a bit. Interesting if out experiences are similar.

Sent from a phone excuse my typos